School time. Yay.
Okay, really, I have been waiting for school to start up again. The kids have been so bored, and have fought so much, I kept thinking I needed to make one of those paper chains like kids make to count down the days until Christmas. I never did, but I might next summer if it looks at all like it might be a repeat of this summer!! :D Mom's Countdown to the First Day of School Paper Chain... Has a nice ring to it don't you think?
So the kids are back and a few of them needed haircuts. I don't know, I like the boys hair shorter, but I LOOOOOOOVE it long! Yeah yeah yeah, I'm the only one, but I just do. I love it longer. I'm not apologizing for it either. But I gave in and cut it. Ehhh.
Here's Jorden (probably the most dramatic difference) pre hair cut...
from the front...

and from the back/side...

And with his cute little sailor hat. I think he should have worn this the first day of school. He said he needed a hat to wear during his cafeteria job...

And the hair we cut off. I wanted something to show just how big the pile of hair was, since everyone knows how big a soda can is (and it's my favorite kind :P ), now you understand how much hair I'm talkin' here. Luckily I was faster this time - it only took me half an hour.

And the after. If he would push it to the side it would look better. I'll have to get a picture from the back too...it's short. I almost forgot he has blue eyes. :D
Jorden is in 9th grade this year and is taking all advanced classes, because he wants to. Oh yay!! I'm not looking forward to that homework...

And full length. He's like 5'11" now. Wonder how much taller he will get...

And Jillen. In all fairness, this is after school and a 45 mintues ride on the bus to get home.
Jillen is in 6th grade this year and is so excited to be back with all of her friends.

And full length...

And then there's Jayden. Another victim of mom's haircuts...
Here are the before pictures - from the front...
and from the side...

And after. He wanted it shorter on top so that he could spike it up a little bit if he wanted to.
Jayden is in 4th grade this year and is glad to be out of the house for a few hours every day. :D

And full length. He's such a cute boy...
And my little Jensen. She is in 2nd grade this year. She wanted her hair in a bun for that first day back, and apparently it well and several people told her how cute she looked. She really did look cute... :)
And full length...

Yeah, this won't scare Jayden's teacher, I'm sure.
She's probably rethinking her decision to become a teacher after this first week...

See, nothing too exciting. I'm glad to have them not screaming and fighting in the house all day anymore. :D
But now I miss them all day instead...
3 comments:
They all look great! I think the most dramatic is Jayden...then again, Jorden's is a lot shorter than it was too. They're sure lucky to have a talented mom with the scissors. What cute nieces and nephews I have! They're all growing up so much. It's crazy!
The kids all look great...and we love the haircuts. Nicely done. Hey Jorden...when you're rich from all of the lunches you're working...try not to forget us little people who have always thought you were so talented, smart, brave, strong, handsome, and wonderful!
I can't believe how fast your kiddos are growing up (I never dreamed of a day when Jorden would be taller than me...) Nice job on the haircuts! They look so handsome! :)
Post a Comment