Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, March 23, 2009

Saturday Is A Special Day...

Saturday was the day I had been waiting for.
I had the little countdown ticker here on the blog.
It was marked on my calendar.
I was dreaming about it.

Twilight came out on dvd!! Believe me, it was all I could do to NOT go to one of the many midnight release parties, but after much consideration I decided to buy it from Target, and they didn't stay open. So Jillen and I were up bright and early Saturday morning and over at Target to get our copy of the 3 disc set. Most other stores only offered the 2 main discs, but Target had an extra disc, and it was the same price! AND it had the footage that I really wanted -- My Spunk playing the piano!! :D

Here I am at the Twilight display. Yeah, it was early... But I was excited!!!



And here is Jillen, dressed very Alice-Appropriate.


After snagging our dvd we headed over to Wal-Mart to get some groceries. Imagine Jillen's surprise when they started playing the movie in their fancy little Twilight section! There were even still some remnants from their midnight release party!! She sat and watched the movie while I shopped. Why don't all stores have this option for parents??? :D

Ahhh, Wal-Mart carries Twilight merchandise. That is bad for me... I spend enough money there as it is! :D


And after an afternoon of watching the audio commentary, which is hilarious and My Spunk is totally great in!!, I got to go to an engagement party for my awesome friend Erin and her fiance. I went with my friends Heather and Samantha and we had a great time!! It was at a restaurant over in Tempe on Mill Ave, and boy were the drunk college kids out!! :D But they were fun to watch! :P
Here are us MCC girls - (LtoR) Erin, Jennifer (I think, I hadn't met her before even though she's in the design program), Heather, Samantha, and me. Our other friend Jen wasn't there, but we will rope her into our next outting...
And incase you're curious as to why I wanted that Target dvd, check this out. I think this is what my mom was hoping for by making us take piano lessons as kids. Turn off the music on the playlist at the bottom first, but it's worth it! And luckily they updated the playlist style so it's easier than ever to adjust the sound level, turn off the shuffle, and pause/play the songs.
Can you just see the talent pouring out of him? This is footage from when they first filmed him as Edward playing Bella's Lullaby for the movie. They didn't have a song written yet so they told him to just make something up and play. So he did. For like 2 hours. All of this was made up on the spot by him. He is an awesome pianist!! And you wonder why I love him... :D

3 comments:

Brooke said...

I've been waiting for this post. I figured you were probably busy watching all the special features all weekend. :)

Brooke said...

P.S. You look dead sexy in that picture with your friends...I'm just saying..

Brandi said...

:D Um, Brooke, what have you been drinking, or is it just lack of sleep that has made your eye sight so bad??? :D I'm not sure if I look more dead or more sexy, but either way I guess that's not such a bad thing. Thanks!! :P