Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Wednesday, April 1, 2009

Mom's Beauty Shop...

Apparently I went into the wrong profession. This past weekend we decided that it was time for haircuts for the family. I just got mine cut a few weeks ago so I was good, but the kids and Tim were in need of a little grooming. Here are the results of my handy work with a pair of scissors...


Jensen just needed the ends trimmed off, so it still pretty much looks like this - long and straight.



Here is Jayden a couple of weeks ago. His hair wasn't crazy, out of control or anything, but it was getting a little long.



And Jayden now. Not too bad. And the little almost bald spot in the back wasn't even my fault! (Darn hair clipper thingy...) The front really is even, he just likes to shake his hair back and forth so it doesn't appear to be too neatly fixed. :D




Jillen's hair is still pretty short from when she got it cut in October. Here she is last week the way her hair usually looks.



She just wanted bangs. She has a spot or two on her forehead that make bangs almost impossible, unless they are really thick, so we just cut a little bit. She still pushes them to the side. :)




Now for the biggest change... Jorden.
Here he is a couple of weeks ago with his long hair. I think besides him, I am the only person who likes his hair long. What can I say, I have a 'thing' for long hair on boys. Not rock star long, just surfer boy long. I think it's cute...



Here he is before I started cutting...

His hair was longer than Jillen's! :D



And after I finished. I actually didn't cut this much off initially. I left it a lot longer and then he said he wanted more cut, so I cut more. I liked it before I did the second cut, but I like this too.

He's kinda got the Zac Efron look goin'. That's not a bad thing... Remember the 'surfer-boy' look I'm so fond of. :)

Of course then he goes and covers it with a 'mushroom hat' he concocted from a pillow. Lovely.
Luckily he only wore that in the house. Teenaged boys...

Ahhh, there's never a dull moment around here. Sorry, no pictures of Tim's do. He usually just shaves it all but this time he told me to do whatever I wanted. :D I told him I would shave it but he said to leave it longer in the back because he knows I like it better that way.
Gee, I think he kinda likes me... :P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dang! You did good, sis! I've attempted to trim Justin's hair a few times but I'm always too nervous to do much. Jensen must keep her hair long because she knows how much I like to style it when they come visit. :) and Jayden looks so grown up with his hair like that. I love Jillen's bangs too. The most wild cut has got to be Jorden though! His hair was longer than mine! I love that new length on him, it looks cute. They all look great Brandi! Nice work. :)

Anonymous said...

Good Job! I tried to be the haircutter durring the first year of my marriage but it didn't work out. I thought I did a good job, but if he didn't like it I felt bad so I decided it was better to have his negativity focussed on someone he wasn't married to when he got a hair cut that he didn't like. This way I get to be the one he likes all the time.

Brandi said...

Thanks Bri! :D I started with Jayden's which is probably why he got the kind-of-bald-spot. :P By the time I got to Jorden's I was over my worries and just trying to cut through all of that hair. Not only was it long but Man! is it thick! And Jensen says she does keep it long for you... :)

:D I totally get what you mean Cylena! I worry sometimes too, but he keeps asking me so I figure he knows what he's in for! :D Plus with my hubby at least I know that if I really mess it up he doesn't mind shaving it. Plus he wears a hat all day so that hides most things, as long as I get the edges right. :D

granny said...

When can I send Brett over!

Brandi said...

Anytime!! He will probably still like me afterwards too since I don't like to cut it too short. :D But you might not... :)

granny said...

I would be happy if he just washed it everyday!