Oh, will the fun around this place ever end??? :) What I thought was going to be a nice, quiet weekend at home proved to be anything but that!
Hazard #1 -- Poisonous Spiders
Have you ever seen a Black Widow? Do you want to? 'Cause I've seen plenty of them in my life and I could really do without ever seeing another one again! This weekend we killed 4 HUGE black widows, complete with egg sacks bigger than they were. Oh joy, that's what's living in my backyard...where my children play... Tim smashed the first one he saw and I took care of the other 3. Here's one of the lovely ladies that decided to build herself a home in our yard. Body the size of a dime. Egg sack bigger than that. Funeral services are pending...
Hazard #2 -- Live Electrical Lines

Getting clearer? One more, just so we're sure...

Um, that's not good. Needless to say, no power to our house Saturday evening. Good thing I like candles. :) And at least the weather was nice, we could just open the windows. And also good that Tim had decided to bbq ribs that day so dinner was already done when this occurred. What, you might ask, could cause such a thing to happen? Let's just say --
This USED to be in the backyard, where the power lines hang. I think they might hang a little too close to the ground. Joy.
Thank-you Mr. SRP Man. Since the line was live they sent someone right out and he had it fixed pretty quickly. We survived 2 hours with no power. It was not fun. I did not like it. Now Tim and the kids want to turn off the power once a month for 2 hours. I'm gonna have to talk them out of that.

Pay no attention to the scorch marks still on the line... :) It works!! That's all I care about! And the backyard is once again safe for the kiddies to play in.

Good thing Tim is good with PVC pipe. :) But still, no hand washing for over an hour? :o I thought I wouldn't survive!!

Good as new, and way better than it was before. ;)













4 comments:
WOW!! SO what are you doing with your free weekend?? I know you aren't going camping!! And did Tim love that you were taking pictures of him fixing stuff? I think we need to meet at my house until your widow problem is solved. *shudders*
Since you are so good at killing spiders, do you want to come to my house and kill roaches? I got all ready for the bug spray guy to come today like he does every other monday, but when I called the office they told me that he only comes on Thursday now! (Thanks for the advanced notice!)So now I have all my cupboards empty and I don't want to put the stuff back in them because I'll just have to take it out again wednesday night.
Oh my goodness Brandi! I am so sorry! What a horrible weekend--I'm just glad nobody got hurt with all the potential death traps around your place. :) I hope those spiders move along! At least this next weekend can only be better, right? What are you going to do with yourself while Tim and the kids are gone?
Yowza! What a crazy weekend! We have had a problem with black widows over the last few summers, and I'm with you-- they have no place living amongst us! and I still can't figure out who broke the pipes... all of their names start with J! :)
and I think I have an idea how you'll spend your quiet weekend... a Twilight-induced coma?? :)
Post a Comment