Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, November 8, 2007

A Hinckley Kitchen and Renderings Too!!

Welcome to the new Hinckley Dream Kitchen!! Now if only we had $100,000 to actually build it!! My latest school project was to design a kitchen for a contest that the SubZero/Wolf appliance company is putting on. Since I did my bathroom design for Brianna, I decided to do the kitchen one for Brooke. It was sure a lot more fun actually getting feedback from another person instead of just making it up on my own!! Hope you like it!!
Here is the floorplan. It's a pretty big space, about 650 sq ft. You have room for that, right Brooke?


Here is the materials board. It has samples of all of the products that would be used in the design. You can't see the granite very well but it is really cool looking! It is a dark blue with gray and black flecks all through it plus these light pieces that sparkle in the light. Awesome!!


And here is the 2-point perspective that I had to draw and render. Let me just say that I did this in a hurry so it's not very good. I really need to go back and do it again, which I probably will this weekend since I plan to use it for another class and I have to have 2 versions of it.


Now here's just some stuff for fun! I had to draw and render some furniture and window treatments so I thought I'd pass them along, let you see what I've been up to and why this blog hasn't been updated too regularly lately! :P


Now that the project is over -- SLEEP!!!
Up next, Melissa's Powder Room!! :)

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

That looks really great!! Brooke is one lucky girl!! LOL!

YAY! I get a powder room!!

Brooke said...

Awesome Brandi! So...I justl need to come up with $100,000? Consider it done! ...well, maybe give me a little time on that one. :) I LOVE it though! Maybe someday... We can all dream, can't we? Thank you for choosing me...that was fun!

Anonymous said...

only a 650 square foot kitchen! I could never cook in such a small space! :D Actually, we used to LIVE in a place smaller than that! Kitchen, bathroom, bedroom and all! I have to say though, I love your work Brandi! You are so talented! I can't believe you said you "hurried' on that one drawing! I couldn't do that in 6 months! You seem to be going into the perfect field for you!

Brooke said...

I agree with Bri--you're very talented! I'm glad you found something you love--and that you're good at! Elliott loved the kitchen too!

Brandi said...

Thanks guys!! But I think anyone could do it! Obviously, I mean if I can do it then it's not that hard! :P But it helps to have the teacher I have, she is amazing!! I can't believe my class will be over in less than a month! I don't feel prepared enough yet, I think I could use another semester doing it.
And I'm glad Elliott liked the kitchen. ;) He will be doing a lot of cooking in it one of these days! :D