So, it's November 12th and time for 12 of 12! I've had a lot of fun doing this the last couple of months so here it is again. Here's some background info on it -- It's the idea of Chad Darnell, and if you want to check out his 12 of 12 you can go here --> http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/runchadrun2/12_of_12/index.html. People all over the world are doing it, it's a really great idea he had. The deal is that you take 12 pictures of your day on the 12th day of the month, and then you blog it.
And we're off!!
9:30 am -- Well, today was Veteran's Day and another 12th that the kids were out of school. Needless to say, there wasn't much excitement around our house today! I got to sleep in a little bit, so that was nice. And then when I did get up I got to read a couple of chapters in one of my new Roswell books. I found them at a used bookstore last week, and I was so excited. Tim says I am a little obsessed...I'd have to day he's right! :D
10:30am -- Next it was time to get a little housework done. Hooray for child labor!! Although I think they make more mess than they ever clean up!
11:00am -- In honor of Veteran's Day I put up our flag.
11:30am -- I got to watch a dvd I rented for myself, and it was really cute. I loved it!! And the ending was pretty surprising too!! :)
3:00pm -- Well, I started my homework for my Color Rendering class. I had to ink a 2 point perspective of an interior room, so this is it. It is easier to trace my original drawing on the window because the light outside makes it easier to see the red pencil I used when I drew it the first time. Tim says I should get a light board but this is just as easy and it's free!!
4:00pm - Time to do a little color rendering! I have to do a fully rendered room and a very lighting rendered room, so luckily I did the fully rendered one last week. I was going to redo it but then I figured I would just rework it a little and it should be fine. I will do the 2 elevations tomorrow, but they are basically the same thing. And we won't mention how much all those markers cost...Super fun... :P
6:00pm --The kids have been bugging us to build what our neighbors call a "Warming Fire." Basically it is a fire in the backyard, so we decided to do it this evening. They seemed to enjoy it. Don't they look happy???
7:00pm -- We figured that if we were going to be outside with the fire, we might as well eat outside too. Hamburgers and hotdogs are always a favorite!!
8:00pm -- For dessert we decided to let the kids roast marshmallows and make Smores. I know I can't be the only person in the world who does not like Smores... Can I be??? I love all of the ingredients alone but the thought of putting them together just does not appeal to me at all! Just not my thing!!
8:15pm -- But the kids sure seemed to enjoy them, even if you can't see the excitement...
8:30pm -- I think the funnest part of the night was roasting the marshmallows!
9:00pm -- After a long day it looks like everyone is worn out and ready for bed!
The bonus word for this month is grateful. I am so grateful for all of things shown above but one more thing that I am always grateful for is a clean sink at the end of the day. I hate doing dishes but it sure does feel good to see the sink empty and clean as I head off to bed. It's a good way to end the day!
Well, the day is just about done. If my computer had been working right I would have had this posted over an hour ago and I could have been watching Roswell this whole time... Man, I guess I need some new spyware. Oh well!! Hope you had a good day!!
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








8 comments:
I love seeing your 12 on the12th. I think this is a really neat idea. Looks like you guys had a great Monday evening. Those are the times your kids will remember the most. Well, besides when you play Tanya Tucker tapes to get them to do their chores! You can borrow mine anytime!
I agree with Mom--I love that you do the 12 of 12 thing. I actually thought about it last night when I was going to bed--so I was excited to see if you would have a post this morning. I keep thinking I'm going to do it, but then I forget! So...maybe next month! It looks like you guys had a fun night outside together! I wish we could have gone! And...a clean sink has got to be a favorite of mine too. :)
mmmmm, smores...
I don't like smores either! And you can get free virus protection at avg.com. Thanks for sharing the pictures!! Everyone looks HAPPY!!
Thanks everyone!! And Melissa, I will for sure check that site out! We have something now but I guess it's not doing too good of a job. I think we got a virus or something from a game that Tim or Jorden downloaded yesterday. Oh well, as long as I don't lose everything again I will be fine. The 12 of 12 is really fun, and it's not as easy as I thought to find things to take pictures of! Every month I seem to do laundry on the 12th, and I did it yesterday too, but I figured everyone had seen enough of that! :D
What fun pics and what a cool family! The warming fire looks fun!
Wooow Gorgeous coloring !!
The kids are cute and funny !
(and yay Roswell)
Great pictures !
What fun pix! Thanks for sharing. Mmmmm, S'mores!
Post a Comment