Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, November 2, 2007

Halloween 2007

Wow! Halloween is already over! Where has the year gone? We had a fun night, even though I had school that afternoon. Luckily my teacher gave us our test to take home and he let us go at 4:15. Thanks Steve!! :) We didn't do too much Trick or Treating, just along one street in our church ward where several families we know and are friends with live. We saw lots of people we knew, which usually doesn't happen when we just Trick or Treat in our neighborhood. Our street was really dead, only one house was handing out candy. Oh well...

Jensen was a unicorn. She wanted to wear Jillen's old costume, which was fine with me!! The easier the better!! :D


Jayden was a ninja. His was a pretty easy costume too, and he sure had fun with the little swords. ;)


Jillen was a witch. She was the only one that needed face paint and boy was I glad! She had fun and a couple of her church teachers didn't even recognize her! :P


Jorden was a mummy. Okay, up until the day before Halloween he wanted to be an old man. Then he wanted to be an old man in a car because that's even scarier! But then he figured since there a lot of elderly people who live around us, no one would get the joke. So then he decided on being a head hunter, but we didn't have anything. Finally, we ended up at the store and all they had left were a few masks, one of which was Elvis. I told him that he could wear the mask and then we could wrap him up like a mummy and he could be Elvis' mummy. I even told him that at every house instead of saying "Thank You" after getting candy he could say "Thank You, Thank You Very Much!" He didn't think it was a good idea until I told his friends and they thought it was cool. I guess he learned that Mom isn't as out of it as he thought! :D And Tim and I learned that a Toilet Paper Mummy Costume is the STUPIEST COSTUME EVER!!!!! We spent the whole night walking behind him picking up pieces of toilet paper that had fallen off of him. AAAAAAAAAHHH!!!!!!


Here's the whole family. Fun group huh? :)


And finally, Tim's new tat's. He got him some sleeves. Nice huh??


Just kidding! They were some nylon things I found at the store, but they looked totally real!! Maybe he will freak out his family at Thanksgiving... :D

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Okay, Tim's arms freaked me out! I thought those were real! I love all the cute costumes, and I agree about the mummy thing! Justin said his worst Halloween was when he was a mummy, because he had to keep wrapping himself up and try to keep up with his friends. Britt was a mummy this year and it was kind of a pain. We used gauze (from a first aid kit:) but for a big person it would take tons of gauze!

Brandi said...

Yeah, I know!! The tats looked really cool! We went by our Bishops house and he jumped up and grabbed Tim's arms and was like "What the..." and then he realized they were fake and he laughed and laughed. It was fun!! I thought I should go back to the store and see if they have another set, I could get them for Beau... :) I hope you got pictures of Britt, I'd love to see him in his little costume!!

Brooke said...

Yeah! You finally posted some Halloween pictures! I've been watching faithfully! :) I love all the costumes! I'm glad to know about the mummy thing in case any of my kids want to do that in the future, I'll say "doubt it!" :) I was surprised Jayden wasn't a hunter this year. But, he sure was a cute ninja. And, I always love unicorns. Jillen did look way different with a green face--but she made a cute witch. And, Jorden is getting tall! (did he end up wearing the Elvis face...I'll have to look closer) I agree with Bri--when I first glanced at the picture of Tim, I was like, "WHOA! What did he do!?!?" That's such a good gag! And, Brandi--you're looking HOT! That was a cute picture of you! The only normal one in the bunch... :)

granny said...

Yeah! finally halloween pictures. I know you've been busy, but I've been waiting and watching for them. Everyone looks great. Tim's arms are wild! I'm glad that your class worked out okay and you could leave early. I'm glad you all had fun!

Brandi said...

Brooke, you think I looked hot? That's funny 'cause Aunt Brenda said the same thing! :) I ratted my hair way out and wore bright red lipstick, I was a crazy lady - not too far of a stretch, I know! :P I was thinking as I was fixing my hair that I hadn't really done that since high school! It sure did take a long time, I guess it reminded me of why I don't do it anymore! I was surprised by Jayden's costume choice too but I figured the camo based costumes had to end someday. And Jorden didn't wear the Elvis mask, I wish he would have, it would have been so funny!

Brooke said...

that's funny cuz I didn't even notice the bright red lipstick or that your hair was ratted. I just thought, "oh...Brandi didn't dress up as anything. She just looks really cute!" I was thinking it must be your new hair cut! Aunt Brenda must have good taste to think the same as me! :)

Brooke said...

Bytheway...what was Tim? Just a crazy, tattooed guy? I still love the sleeves. I'm gonna show Elliott and tell him that they're real!

Brandi said...

Tim wanted to be a grungy just-out-of-jail guy, but he freaked out when I tried to put eye liner on him! :D He glued a bead onto his nose and one onto his ear so he had an earring and nosering and then he had a chain around his neck. It was pretty funny! One of the guys in our ward dressed up like a Catholic Priest and when we got to his house he saw Tim and was like "Let me bless you my child." It was kinda funny. Everyone we saw loved his costume, and some younger girls at McDonalds were eyeing his tats when we went there for dinner afterwards... Needless to say, I decided it was time to go home. ;)

Brooke said...

Once the younger girls start eyeing the tats--it's always time to go home! :) The story about the guy in your ward as the priest is funny! He makes a good just a prison guy. I couldn't really see the jewels--I tried to look at the picture closer up, but it wouldn't let me. Did he hot glue them on? How well did they stay? Anyway...your family always goes all out for Halloween so it's always exciting to see what everyone dresses up as.