Okay, so this sickness has really taken it's toll on me...I completely forgot about 12 of 12 yesterday! :( It didn't even dawn on me until late yesterday afternoon, but lucky for all of you, you were spared the boringness of my school and homework filled day. So I decided that since tomorrow is Valentine's Day, I would instead try and come up with 12 things that you should love about me, and then I would tell them to you! But I thing it's gonna turn into 12 things that I love, and that I think you should too, so I hope that's okay. :) It's all good...
1. I love lotion Kleenex!! After this darn cold I have yet again been reminded why I buy the lotioned tissues. They are so great and my nose is so happy!!
2. I love goody bags!! I decided that I would make up some little goody bags for the kids in my Primary class. They were all so surprised when I gave them the little bags filled with treats and toys. It was so fun to see their faces!!
3. I love Photoshop!! I am learning this program in my CAD class at school and I love it!! I can't wait to learn enough to do all the fun things I want to do with it.
4. I love sub sandwiches!! They are truly one of my favorite things! When I asked Tim what he wanted to do for Valentine's Dinner he said "Let's just get some subs and that will be fine with me." Oh, he knows me so well!! :)
5. I love warm weather! It has been in the mid 70's all week and I am loving it!! I have decided that 75 to 85 degrees is just about perfect for me. Any colder is too cold and any warmer is too hot. Now if I could just find someplace that had that kind of weather year round...
6. I love sugar cookies!! But they have to be the good kind, with lots of frosting! Homemade ones are the best! I'll take a sugar cookie any day over a chocolate chip one!!!
7. I love scented lotions! Bath and Bodyworks and Victoria's Secret have the best lotions, I just love them!! I use them every day, several times a day! I even use them when I go to bed at night, they just smell so good!! And my skin is nice and soft! ;)
8. I love movies!! I went and saw Juno a couple of weeks ago and I laughed so much!! It was really great! And I rented Stardust a couple of weeks ago and loved that too! If you haven't seen either of these you really should, they were both great!!
9. I love old Saturday Night Live skits. I always think of the one with Mike Myers and Nicole Kidman where they are little kids who have been strapped to the jungle gym by their moms and she starts singing and them offering him a chocolate bar. At first he refuses saying "You're the devil!" but before long he has chocolate all over his face and he is running down the street draggin the jungle gym behind him. It's so funny!! :D
10. I love YouTube!! I have spent WAY too many hours there watching silly videos and fan videos of my favorite tv shows, but it is so fun!!
11. I love hair dryers!! I never fully appreciate a hair dryer until mine dies, which it did last Friday evening just after Jillen and I got our hair cut. I was able to fix her hair but then when I went to fix mine the dryer was dead. I got a new one Saturday evening, but all day Saturday I worried about what my hair looked like because of how much I depend on my hair dryer. :)
12. I love Friday Night Lights!!!!! Oh. My. Goodness. This show is so amazing!! If you haven't seen it you really should!! The writing is great! The acting is amazing!! The storyline is incredible!!! And it is so real! It's about a small town and the football coach and players who live there. Coming from a small town and knowing how important football was there, I can totally identify with these characters! It's so fun to see the pictures of the stores in town where the owners have put up "CLOSED -- Gone to the Football Game" signs in their windows. I remember many a Friday night that Snowflake pretty much closed down because everyone was gone to watch the football game. If you have an extra hour every now and then you should really check out the little link on the side of this page, it's in The Places I Go part, click on Friday Night Lights Amazingness and then it will take you to NBC.com where you can select episodes to watch. They have the complete 1st and 2nd seasons available, well the 2nd season up until where they are currently. You have to scroll through the episodes using the arrows on the sides of the picture bar to get to season 1, but it's so worth it!! I really don't think you'll be disappointed!! This is truly one of the things that I LOVE that you should too!!!
Well, hopefully you have seen some things that you realize you haven't given a fair chance to, and now you will go back and try them again. Oh, and here are few pictures to get you in the mood to try a little Friday Night Lights!!! With the creators, directors, producers, and actors it has, you won't be sorry!!! :D











3 comments:
I could not agree more! Although, I haven't seen Friday Night Lights, but everything else you said is right on! I just about fell down laughing as I remembered the SNL sketch where Mike Myers is the "Hyper-Hypo" (a hyperactive hypoglycemic). Remember where he says, "one time our car broke down and my mom gave me a Pepsi and half a Snickers and I towed it home...eight blocks." Such a good one!
Okay Bri, you will LOVE Friday Night Lights!! The guy behind it is Jason Katims, who did Roswell and My So-Called Life. You really should check it out at the link. You can just watch the pilot episode and try it out, but I don't think you'll be sorry. :) I just ordered the dvd's on Amazon, they have them for $19.00! So I am thinking I will have to bring them and the MSCL dvd's at Pioneer Days and we may have to have a dvd marathon!! :)
I'm with Bri--I agree with everything! But...I also haven't seen that show. I LOVE that SNL skit too. So funny! I never watch that show nowadays...but it used to be SO funny! And, I love sugar cookies so much--I'm going to go make some right now! Seriously...
Post a Comment