Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Wednesday, February 20, 2008

Pretty, Pretty Bathroom...

It must be the end of the world because I actually got the kids bathroom finished!! I only started redoing it last year... And if it hadn't of been for Tim I doubt I would have even started it then. Good thing he has energy and likes to do that kind of stuff. :) Somewhere I have pictures of what it looked like with the old wall paper and what it looked like when we were taking it off, but I can't find them so you'll just have to imagine 3 wallpapers, one blue, one green, and one printed, that do not match in the least! And underneath those were a fancy Country Blue and Dusty Rose one from the 80's, a yellow one from the 70's, and some plastic/rubber one that must have been put on when the house was new. Either way, we battled through 4 layers of wallpaper to get to paneling that had no more finishing on it because the wallpaper glue had eaten through it. We had to resurface the walls, which was fun... And then we replaced most of the trim. We were going to do crown molding but yeah, that didn't work out too well. But the baseboard does look nice in it's place! :D The design idea came from the shower curtain and the fact that I wanted the room to be colorful and fun, without being for either boys or girls since the kids all share it. It's pretty bright but I love it!! I just want to sit in there all day and stare! I think I'll do some different pictures on the walls, but it's fine for now. :D
These are the lovely seems of the walls. Tim had to fill them all before we could paint. Darn bugs!!!

The walls are yellow. I didn't think it would be this bright but Tim was a little scared by it. He just kept saying - School Bus... School Bus... Oh no...

Then we added a darker yellow/gold to the bottom part of the walls and the cabinets.
And now the final result!!!
I like it, and Tim and the kids are excited about it. And Tim says now that it's not too yellow. :)

8 comments:

Five Bresees said...

Wow! That looks great!

Brooke said...

Way to go! It's a good thing we have husbands who like projects, huh? Cuz...they take me forever to do without Elliott. I love how bright it is! I'll be excited to see it in person someday. Great job!

Brooke said...

oh yeah...I LOVE the mirror!

Anonymous said...

It looks great! It's been forever since I visited your house, I almost forgot what your bathroom looked like before. :) I love the pictures of the kids at the beach too! and the net above the shower curtain...it may be tough for you to get those kids out of the bathroom now. :)

Brandi said...

Thanks guys!! I am happy with it. I would like to do a couple of frames with several pictures in them of the kids at the beach. Hopefully if we do go to California this summer I can get some more good pictures. Oh, and Brooke, the mirrors are from IKEA, they were $10 each and I just love them!! They are pretty tall, like 5 feet or so, which is perfect for the kids when they are checking out their outfits before school! :D
And yes, the kids are going into the bathroom a lot more now, but then again, so am I!! :) It's fun to see something that I have been planning for a year actually there. Yippee!!! ;)

granny said...

That looks great! You have inspired me to get on the ball with some redecorating. I love the bright yellow too. We have a new Lowes that just opened in ShowLow and I think tomorrow we are gonna go check it out. I'm gonna start pricing some things and making real plans for some updating. It could be scary!

Jenn said...

just wanted to pop in and say hello. your kids are getting big and its makin me feel old! i can't believe that you guys have been married that long! that really makes me feel old! lol! the bathroom is great! dontcha just love Ikea? I could spend all day in that darn place! happy to see that you guys are doing well! hopefully you are feeling better by now.

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

That is one bright bathroom!

I hope y'all are doing fantabulously.

We are great in the land of the Frozen Tundra.

P.S. from now on...any comments Reesers or I leave will be with our name...so as for the anonymous ones...we stopped doing those several weeks ago. I noticed Breezers had one and I just wanted y'all to know that they're not coming from me like they did in the past.