Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, February 29, 2008

Odds and Ends...

Welp, we've had a few picture taking opportunities lately so enjoy the results!!
First, I got to go with Jensen on her class field trip to the zoo. We had a good time, even though we only had enough time to see a few animals. The zoo is just too big to see everything in 2 hours, especially when you have 6 kindergarteners to chase after! :o Luckily the rain held off until the last 15 minutes, so we had a nice, cool, cloudy day to enjoy!

Jensen riding on a bunny rabbit.

Jensen the pearl.
Jensen and two of her friends riding a warthog.

Next we got to see Beau one last time before he headed off to boot camp. In case you don't know, he has joined the Army and is going to be a Combat Medic. With all of his surgical tech training, he was really hoping to get this position. Basically, it means that he will be the medic for a group of soldiers fighting on the front lines. He will also get to help others, but his first priority will be his group. He will be their first medical response for anything that they may need, be that a sprained ankle, a gun shot wound, a land mine, a splinter, etc. It should never be dull, that's for sure! But he will love the excitement and the fast pace of it. Plus he likes things to be different, never the same, so he should be a perfect fit for it. We are super proud of him and we hope that he will enjoy all the great opportunities this will bring to him. Plus he will get to travel and see lots of amazing places. But we will miss him!!!

Uncle Beau and the Kiddies

Beau and his Mammy and Pappy!

Beau and his older, wiser, radiantly beautiful sister... :P

Uncle Beau and Cousin It...I mean Jorden! :)

Uncle Beau and Jillen (She really wasn't screaming and trying to get away! We must have caught her in mid-dance move!)
Uncle Beau and Jayden, who is modeling Beau's future Army apparel. So nice of him, huh?
Jensen and her Uncle Beau-y! She sure loves him!!!

Finally, we had Jorden's birthday celebration. He usually wants a lemon cake but this year he decided to change it up a bit and got for chocolate, so I didn't disappoint!! He ended up with a Chocolate Truffle cake, which basically meant a Chocolate Chocolatey Choco Chocolate Cake. He was happy!

Here's all the kiddies, posing for the obligatory birthday family photo before they can have cake.

Jorden and his cake. If you look closely, you can actually SEE the braces that we are paying a fortune for!!! :D

Jorden enjoying his Spark-ing Sparkler candles. It got a little exciting when they started sparking while we were still lighting them! :o
Here's our birthday boy!! He's officially a teenager. I think he looks so much older in this picture, he actually LOOKS like a teenager! And at this point I think I might actually be ready for the teasing phase to stop and the girl phase to begin! :o
What a handsome, big devil!! (Who, unfortunately, is almost taller than me!! :( )

5 comments:

Brooke said...

Yeah! I was hoping you'd be posting more pics! Love them all! And, Jorden does look older in the last picture. Crazy! And...uh--could you send me a piece of that cake? Chocolately goodness! :)

Brandi said...

Sure thing!! But it would probably be easier if you go to the Wal-Mart bakery and ask for the Chocolate Truffle cake. ;) You know me, why bake when there is Wal-Mart!! :D

Anonymous said...

I still can't believe he's 13! If I feel this old now, I can't imagine how old I'll feel when Britt is 13! I just hope I look as young and radiant as you do. :) It looks like you guys had fun at the zoo, and those were great pictures of Uncle Beau! I have to say, I just might have to drive to Wal-Mart today and get a choco-explosion cake. Mmmmmm...

granny said...

Loved all the pictures too! I like the picture of Jorden too because I can see his beautiful eyes! But who were those old people standing by Beau! If you think 13 is bad wait til he's 35!

kelly said...

your kids are so cute. its kind of sad i never got to get to know them. i guess that's the price of being the east coast whitmers:(
I would have been your #1 baby sitter for sure!