Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, March 3, 2008

Book Tag...

Okay, Bri got me with this! :) Here you go!!

The rules:

1. Pick up a book (at least 123 pages).
2. Open to page 123.
3. Find the fifth sentence.
4. Post the fifth sentence on your blog.
5. Tag 5 people.

Here's mine: "You've scrubbed these boards so much they're danged near white."

(It's from Filaree, by Marguerite Noble. I just finished reading this book for my "History of Women in America" class. If you ever want to truly appreciate all that women have and are able to do today, read this book!!!)

Now I tag...Stephanie, Kelly, Jennifer, Blake, and Rachelle. :)

3 comments:

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

I know I didn't get tagged;)
but I wanted to go ahead and write a little somethin'somethin'...

So, I am sort of a boring type...

here are a few examples of the types of sentences I came up with:

"Under those circumstance, the researchers found that students were less likely to be involved in any of the three risk behavior categories studied: drugs, alcohol, and risky sexual activity." L. Walker

"The study involved 491 students ages 18 to 25 from two private colleges in the Mid-Atlantic, two public universities in the Midwest, and a public university on the West Coast."

"In the future, we can expect many other social psychologists to be moving between the academic and nonacademic worlds." L. Bickman

"Those of us who have long felt that the social sciences have not met their social responsibility welcome this upsurge of interest in the problems of society." Caplan & Nelson

"However, its utility is limited by unresolved sampling questions such as how biased internet samples may be." Ross et al. (2005)

Fun, fun, fun...

Brandi said...

Hold on there Sven!! I tagged you!!! I hope to see some of these pearls of wisdom blogged about over in you and Olga's blog! :)

granny said...

The wind piped its music to the rattle of the wagons on the cobblestone. That's from a book Aunt Nancy loaned me about the Civil War. It's called "The March" by E>L> Doctorow. I haven't read it yet, but I'm into the Civil War right now and she thought it would be good. So I'll try it. Naturally I would find a page that mentions wind, since we live with it daily here.