** Turn off the music at the bottom of the blog if you want to watch the video **
So, today while we were eating lunch I saw a commercial for the Oprah Show. I don't watch it very often but it caught my interest because Simon Cowell from American Idol was going to be on. I'm not a huge AI fan, but he is my favorite judge. I love how he tells people exactly how it is, and he has the experience to back up what he's saying. Anyhow, the commercial said that he would be bringing 2 of the most talented people in the world with him, and I figured if there is someone that he thinks is talented, then I should watch it! And boy am I glad I did!! He brought the winner of The X-Factor, England's equivalent to American Idol. Her name is Leona Lewis and she is being compared to Whitney Houston, Mariah Carey, and Celine Dion, and rightfully so! She is amazing and as soon as the show was over I was here on the computer finding as many of her songs as I could! :P Her album is being released here in America next month but here is her performance on Oprah. Amazing!!! :D
Watch the YouTube video of it above, or check it out on Oprah.com at --
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200803/20080317/slide_20080317_350_108.jhtml
Hope you like it!!!
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








3 comments:
Wow! She does have an incredible voice! Sometimes I think it's a little unfair that some can sing like that and ...then there's me...oh well. :) I hope she does well--especially if she a nice person! We need more of those!
And, I'm bummed that I missed Oprah! Was it yesterday? I haven't really been watching it much at all lately. It seems like it's been topics that I don't have an interest in--but, I totally missed this preview. Plus...I was throwing up right around then and feeling like death yesterday--so, I probably would have missed it anyway. Bummer!
^ Okay, so I should really read through things before I post them. I always manage to misspell something! :o
Ya, I wouldn't mind singing half as good as she does! :D I only watched the beginning of Oprah- she talked to Simon, Leona sang, they had a ventriloquist who won the America's Got Talent show, and then they were going to talk about Oprah's Big Give show, so I only watched through the ventriloquist, and he was pretty good too. I don't watch it too often either, usually just if I happen to see a commercial for a certain show, but of course then I have to REMEMBER to watch it. That's usually the problem! :)
Sorry you're still feeling so yucky! We've got to find something that will help with that...
Post a Comment