Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, February 16, 2009

Books & Babies...

I decided recently that I need to read more of the 'Classics' when it comes to books. I have never really enjoyed reading, I think I don't like the length of time that it requires to read a book. I would much rather sit down and watch a 2 or 3 hour movie and get the whole story faster that way. I know that reading the book is usually much, much better, it just takes so long. I'm more of an instant gratification kind of person, though I don't think that applies in all areas of my life. But I am much more visual rather than imaginative, so maybe that's why movies appeal to me so much more. But having been inspired by my addiction to the Twilight book series, I decided to give it a go and try some other books. Mostly because I find myself thinking constantly about this part of Twilight or that line in New Moon or a certain situation in Eclipse... I need to get a life!! So, on to the classics!! Of course this quest is still Twilight related... You know me, I can't quit cold turkey! I decided to start with some of the books that Bella from Twilight loves. I have read Romeo and Juliet many times so I moved on to Wuthering Heights, the book that is featured in Eclipse. There are many references made to it and I was curious as to what it was about. And I gotta say, it's been an interesting read. At times it seems as though this book has the same effects that 10 sleeping pills would have on me, but the story is interesting and I am curious to see what happens next. It finally started picking up about page 80 and now with about 80 pages to go I'm still interested. The writing is a little difficult to understand sometimes, and I keep confusing some of the characters since some of them share names and some have last names as first names... Ahhhh!! But it's still pretty good. And I haven't even found myself waiting for a vampire to come driving up and rescue the main character! :D That's a good sign! ;) I think after this I will attempt Jane Eyre or Pride and Predjudice. Maybe then I will actually learn how to spell that word!! :D







In other news, I'm an Auntie again!!

Little Marnie Jayne Brimhall was born last week on February 11th a little after 10pm. She weighed 9lbs 3oz and was 21 inches long. She outweighed Jayden by 4 oz, but I don't think we will be taking a run at recapturing that 'Biggest Grandbaby' title anytime soon. :P Her family is super excited to have her here, especially Britt who gets to be a big brother now! :D And Jillen was thrilled that she is gonna share a birthday with the actor Taylor Lautner, Jacob in the Twilight movie. :P Bri has more pictures and all the details on her blog, so you can head on over there if you haven't already. The link is on the right -- Bri & Justin.

She's a cute little thing and we can't wait to meet her!!!




Now on to a hectic 2 weeks filled with all kinds of Scout Banquets, baby showers, parent-teacher conferences, birthdays, and computer repairs. Let's hope at least they can manage to save all my precious entries on my computer... Well, what doesn't kill us makes us stronger! Which reminds me, I gotta set my VCR to tape The Big Bang Theory tonight while I go to the store. I can't miss that!!! :D

3 comments:

Melissa said...

YAY for reading a CLASSIC! :) At least I won't have to summarize ONE of them for you! LOL!

I'll go check out Bri's blog now! Marnie is precious!

Sooo...what are we doing for MY birthday? Nobody responds anymore! SIGH!

granny said...

Okay, so only the Granny would notice that you put October 11th, and she was born on February 11th. Good thing we all know what you meant!

Brandi said...

Oh!! I did!! I didn't even notice that!! I must have been thinking of when Emelyn was born. :P Where was my brain... I shall fix it now!! :D