Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Spunk Watch '09...

So, how excited was I when I found out that My Spunk was going to be presenting at the Oscars this year??? To be completely honest, he's the main reason I even watched it! I always love seeing what the celebrities are wearing, but I only care about a few awards, and since I didn't see any of the movies that were nominated, or that had actors nominated, I didn't really even care. I will admit that I wanted Heath Ledger to win, just because I loved him so much, and I wanted Kate Winslet to win because I think she is all kinds of awesome, but the rest... Ehhhh. So, because of Spunk, Spunk Watch '09 began Sunday morning!! He had been around town a bit during the week, but Sunday is when we finally got to see him in all his glory. And let me tell you, he did not dissappoint!! :) Let's begin with the dresses. There were a few that I loved - and it comes as no surprise to me that the media didn't love them all - and there were several that I didn't like - again, no surprise that the media loved some of those.

I think my favorite dress of the night was this one. And, of course, the fashion people in the media didn't like it. I thought it was pretty and I liked the fact that it actually had SLEEVES!!! :D Well, more than most of the other dresses on the Red Carpet. I thought Miley looked great and made a nice choice. This picture doesn't do it justice. There were crystals all over it and it sparkled, especially at the bottom of the layers. I loved it!!


This is another of my favorites. I loved the sequins on it and how they got bigger as they got closer to the bottom of the dress. Anne looked very pretty and I was a little sad that she didn't win, but she was up against Kate who was my fave, so maybe next time for Anne.


I loved this dress too. A lot of the media people didn't like it because of the one sleeve and criss cross thing but I thought it was very pretty. I loved the color and thought Freida from Slumdog Millionaire looked lovely.


Next is Kate Winslet, my favorite!! I was so glad that she won! I think the world of her acting skills and I love watching anything she is in. She just seems to be a very down to earth person who is dedicated to her family and is just a mom when you get down to it. I was so glad that she won!! And I loved her dress! It was very different but I thought the color was nice and she looked amazing in it. I even liked her hair, which was also rather different. She looked very polished and put together, and I thought it was great!


There were several dresses that I didn't care for, many of which the fashion people loved! Figures... :D Penelope Cruz... Yuck. Sarah Jessica Parker... To princess-y. But this is the one I liked the least, even less than Sophia Loren in her tan fluffy number (her eyes must be going because she obviously couldn't see clearly when choosing that dress) and Whoopi Goldberg in her animal print thing (What was that???). I like Beyonce, but apparently we have very different styles and taste when it comes to clothes. This dress was awful -- way too tight, way too big of a pattern, and seriously, what was with all the mermaid style dresses??? Odd. Anyway, Beyonce gets my vote for Worst Dressed. I think she's got enough gold on this dress to cover her own award...


So in the midst of all these dresses, the highlight of the night came. I loved the gasps in the crowd as he got out of his limo -- how the cameras went straight to him... It was heaven!! I wondered if he would shave or not, and he did...kind of. Us fan girls don't want him completely clean shaven, he's got to have a little bit of stubble. Lucky for us his thick beard is always very accommodating! :D He wore Dulce & Gabana head to toe and his tux was awesome!! He even went with the traditional bow tie, which I don't think I have ever seen him wear. His hair is growing out really quickly and it was neat yet still disheveled, and his shyness was endearing as always. He gave some great interviews and was very funny, even saying hi to his mum in one. :) What a sweetie!! Just take a gander at The Pretty...


Oh, the scruff... And the eyelashes!! :)


During the ceremony he presented along with Amanda Seyfried, who I know starred in the movie Mamma Mia (which I still haven't seen) but will forever be known to me as Lilly Kane of Veronica Mars fame. Oh, and as Karen from Mean Girls! :D She was nice to My Spunk by wearing a not too flattering dress, drawing all of the attention to Spunk. But she still did a great job presenting. And I think Spunk was glad that he didn't flub his lines on camera like he did 3 times in rehearsal. :P


And please let me just say that who ever made up that seating chart needs a raise!! Spunk had a prime spot, in the second row behind Kate Winslet, Marisa Tomei, and Mickey Rourke, meaning we got to see A LOT of him throught the show!

This lady look happy to be sitting next to him!! I would be too!! I'm surprised that she's still breathing correctly with him leaning over on the arm rest and all... :D And is that Tina Fey in the row behind him??? I really hope that she heard him mention in an interview that she is the ideal woman in his eyes. I hope she got to flirt a little bit at least! :P


And here he is again, behind Kate and Marisa and also sitting next to Matthew Broderick and Sarah Jessica Parker. Again, Thank-You seating chart person, who ever you may be!!!


The only point of concern for the night was the fact that at the after party Spunk was approached by several Hollywood starlets, such as Paris Hilton. (I'm sure he's smarter than that! :P ) But one other that may be a good match for him is Natalie Portman. They talked for quite a while after she introduced herself to him. I guess he can date her... I'll give my permission. I did like her dress too. And she is smart and funny and a good actress. Obviously he could do worse. *cough*Paris*cough*


So, as you can see, all in all Spunk Watch '09 proved to be very fruitful!! Some great pictures, a nice tux, and a good party. I think he enjoyed himself. And we got to enjoy watching him. :)


Monday afternoon he was on a plane and off to Tokyo for the Twilight premiere there on Friday. I love how relaxed he always looks, even thought there were hundred of fans lined up at the Tokyo airport waiting to meet him.




In other Twilight related news, we got a look at the official logo for New Moon!! The title of the movie is New Moon, but they added the Twilight saga part for those people who have been living under a rock and haven't heard of Twilight. :D They said that they went with the orange color so that it would be different from the Twilight posters. I wonder what colors they will use for Eclipse and Breaking Dawn? Oh, and by the way, Eclipse has a release date!! June 30, 2010!! Only 7 months after New Moon!!! Oh happy-happy-joy-joy!!! :D Now if they would just verify that they actually ARE going to film Breaking Dawn...



Well, now I'm off to enjoy what I got in the mail today...


So many pretty pictures of My Spunk... :)

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I always pay more attention to the dresses than the actual awards. I was hoping you were watching when I saw that your boy was on :) And what was Beyonce thinking?