Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, January 25, 2008

Not The Greatest Week Ever...

Well, this week has been a bust. The highlight has been the fun I had in my CAD class, the floorplans I drew out for one of the warehouses in the company that Tim works for, and some Roswell books I bought on Amazon last week that actually came this week, and they were each only $1.00!! :) Other than that, nothing particularly good has happened. Let's start off with the first bad thing...

My favorite restaurant ever closed on Sunday!! :( Matta's has been around in Mesa for almost 55 years and they just decided to close because the owners want to retire. WHAT?!?! Sadness... Luckily there is a smaller restaurant in East Mesa and they are supposed to be building a new restaurant in West Mesa, which will open in December, but until then...nothing. The only good part of it was that I got to go to lunch there one more time with my friend Melissa, so that was really fun. And imagine my surprise when my parents walked up! They were meeting my Great Aunt Jean and my moms cousin. And as we were leaving we saw my Great Aunt Mary. I'm sure Melissa was thrilled to be a part of my little family reunion!! :D But the food was good and we only had to wait 45 minutes so it wasn't too bad considering they closed forever the next day! But now where will my family go for dinner????


The second sad thing to happen this week happened when I went to my evening class on Tuesday. I had been listening to the radio and they were talking about someone dying but they never said who. So as I sat in class, my friend Erin said, "So did you hear that Heath Ledger died today?" NO!!!!! I guess that's who they were talking about on the radio. That is so sad, he is one of my favorite actors! His movies 10 Things I Hate About You and A Knights Tale are some of my favorites! I used to love seeing pictures of him with Michelle Williams and their cute little baby Matilda. I always thought that was an odd name for the baby, but I guess it must have been an Australian thing. :) And chances are good that she won't have any other Matilda's in her classes growing up! ;) I'm sad that we won't get to see anymore work by him but glad that he did some really great movies while he was here. And just a little extra trivia for you -- he was originally considered for the role of Max on Roswell. The studio decided against him though because of a show he had done in Australian, Roar. I guess they wanted to go with someone new so they picked Jason Behr, and I am all the happier for it!! :)



Then, if my week wasn't going bad enough, I got sick!! I guess it was bound to happen, I always get sick at least once during the Winter, but this year I had managed to avoid the really bad sick stuff. A little cough here and a stuffy nose there, but nothing like I have now. Oh well, not much I can do about it now except endure through the muscle aches, chills, fever, and headaches. Although today my voice is a little scratchy and hoarse too, so maybe there is some chest congestion mixed in. Oh joy...




Well, I am sure you are all grateful for the weeks you have had huh?!?! ;) And don't worry, I will try not to post again when I am sick! :P But things are looking up!! Lost is back in just 6 days!!! And then we all get to enjoy the wonder that is Matthew Fox. Oh yeah, and Jate... (Jack and Kate for those of you who aren't in the know!! ;) ) Plus I might actually get to go see Juno tomorrow afternoon, that is if Tim survives inventory tonight and tomorrow at work... :o

Here's a little preview of what ABC has to offer next Thursday night. If you're like me, I know you'll appreciate it!! :D

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I totally agree about it not being the best week ever! Matta's alone makes it horrible! I told Justin that mom and dad were making a trip to Mesa, just to eat there, on Saturday and he didn't know they were closing so he just said, "Your Dad just can't stop thinking about those chili rellanos huh?" But needless to say, we both cried all weekend.
Well, I hope everything goes better next week! I hope you feel better and that you get to see Juno. You'll love Jennifer Garner! She was perfect for her role! :)

Five Bresees said...

Hey Brandi, you need to come out here some time Lost films about 2 minutes away from where we live. They are out here all the time. Plus Chris does carpentry work for the place that lets them film on their property. They've invited him to eat with them at their trailers a few times. Everyone that works there seems pretty nice. Anyway, we don't watch tv so we don't know anyone, but you should definitely come out!!

Brandi said...

Um Steph, did I ever tell you that you are by and far my favorite cousin ever?!?!?! :D That is so cool that you live that close. So yeah, if you ever see Matthew Fox just tell him that he's wonderful and that Jack TOTALLY belongs with Kate!! :) Oh yeah, and tell him that I miss him... ;) :P
(You can't see it but I am so totally laughing right now! :D And it makes my head hurt really bad! But I kinda can't stop...like he knows me... :D I think I'm delirious from the sickness...yeah, that's it. ;) )

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you finally posted again! It seemed like forever! And...you know--I was really sad about Heath Ledger too. It's weird when you kind of feel like you know someone famous just from seeing their movies and pictures. But, he was so cute with Matilda and it's just so sad for all their friends and family to have such a sudden loss.
And--adding the close of Matta's was awful! I was wishing I lived closer to go and enjoy a chimichunga or cheese crisp and chips and salsa and the sometimes annoying cute, plump singer guys...oh, the memories!

Anonymous said...

Hey...think how hard this is for me and my family with the closing of Matta's.

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie...if you check this again...How are you?

I hope all is going well for you. We've been so grateful to see Ethan do well. We think about you guys in your fancy "Hawaii" all the time... and we're jealous:)

Especially right now with the foot of snow on the ground here in Provo!

I'm jealous of you too Brandles...
this is the time to be in Mesa...oh yes, as the world turns around the General Hospital where you were born to be a guiding light to the young and the restless, these are the days of our lives, and the lives of all my children as well...ah, cosas del amor!

How many soap operas did I just mention in that paragraph...my heavens!

Love to all...

Melissa said...

Going to Matta's was GREAT, though SAD that it was our last time at the original location. But you can bet we will frequent the new locations!! hee hee!

And I was saddened by the loss of Heath Ledger, too! :(

See you again in a few months! LOL!

granny said...

I feel badly that Dad and I ate at Matta's, plus brought some home for the next day. I guess we should have frozen it and shared with you all at Pioneer Days.:p
Is that how you make those sideways faces? I was just guessing. I have been reading all the stuff on Heath Ledger too, because I saw that he had been taking ambien. He had some of the same sleep problems that Beau had last year. I am so grateful that Beau is better. And I'm not so sure about ambien being good for people. We know it wasn't for Beau. This is just another reminder to be thankful in our lives. I love you all!

granny said...

Oh yeah and I forgot to say that I hope you get feeling better soon! I guess I have a new computer that I don't need. Are you interested in it?

Brandi said...

I thought that was the same stuff that Beau was taking. I'm curious to see what the medical examiners report says about him. And I also saw the stuff talking about his sleeping troubles. I wondered if his death was caused by the medication. After all, we know it didn't work well for Beau, and I'm sure there are lots of other people who have trouble with it. I guess we'll see...

And yeah, if you don't need the computer we can always put it to use. ;) And yep, your sideways face was good!! I am so used to using them on my Word Slinger site that I wish we had all the cute ones here that I have over there! :( I'm kind of a Smilie freak!! :D