Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, April 10, 2008

Another Post, And So Soon!! :)

I know, another post and it's only a day after the last post. I'll wait for you to recover from the shock of seeing 2 posts so close together...

I'm waiting...

Are you about recovered? Need another second?

Okay, so in case you don't know already, my sister Brooke got some pretty shocking news last Monday. She and her hubby, Elliott, and their little girl, Ellee, were happily living in Colorado, enjoying their little city and excited about expecting a new baby this October when the phone rang. They were told that Elliott was to report the next day for his deployment. What??? Elliott is in the Army Reserves but no one had told him anything about being deployed. They figured it must be a mistake, but after checking into things they found out that it was true, he was being deployed that week! They wanted him Tuesday but agreed to give him until Thursday so that he could get some things taken care of before leaving for a year and a half. Turns out, a transportation unit from Phoenix was short some people so they picked Elliott out of his unit and now he's off to Iraq. Needless to say, things have been a whirlwind since then. If you want to read more about what's happening, you can visit Brooke's page, the link is on the right side of this page, listed under Brooke and Elliott. He should be in Iraq for a little over a year and he found out that he actually leaves for there in a few weeks. Right now he is in Texas doing some training before the big trip. Brooke and Ellee are moving to Snowflake to live with my parents until he gets back, then they should be going back to Colorado since his job will wait for him. Brooke has been so sick with this pregnancy that she is sure missing Elliott and all of the help he is to her. But hopefully he will be able to get a little visiting time and maybe catch the birth, who knows.

So, I've been thinking a lot of about them and feeling sad for them all and I decided to put my sad mood to use on my PhotoShop program. I've been learning how to use it in my CAD class this semester and it's getting to be more and more fun. I've made a few things so far, and this is my latest piece. I really like it, but hopefully in a year or so I will look back and say "Wow! I'm so much better now!!" :D Hope you enjoy it, and check out Brooke's blog. She's such a wonderful sister, I know she will handle things well and come out stronger when it's done. We sure do love them all and are keeping them in our prayers!!

12 comments:

Jenn said...

I'm so sad for your sister. Thats awful that he got called up so quickly. I'll be keeping her and their babies in my prayers. I know that I am totally grateful for him. Now I feel like a punk cuz I was whining about Sean having to leave in 6 months. blah. I hope that everything goes well and he can make it home. BTW I love the page you made!

granny said...

Brandi that is beautiful! Can you print that out? I would love one if you can.

Brandi said...

Mom, if you click on the picture, then right click, you can copy it and save it on your computer. Then you can put it into Excel and print it or just have it in your files or whatever. I can print it but my printer doesn't like any paper other than plain copy paper. But if you want it on that then I could do it. :)

Brooke said...

Brandi, that was so sweet! I LOVE the picture!!!! I want it framed, in a poster size, wallet size...I'm thinking I'll give one to his mom for Mother's Day...I have great plans with your talents. :) Thank you SO MUCH for thinking of me and for spending the time to put that together! It means a ton! I'm excited to have it readily available to do with it as I want. Thank you! I love you!

Brandi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Man, I wish we could edit comments in here! :( Anyway, from before --

No problem! I'm here to serve! At least that's what the kids seem to think... :D

(I think I will go back and fix all the little flubs I keep seeing, so give me a little time before you go blowing up and showing off all my mistakes. ;) )

Okay, I fixed the stuff that was bugging me so now it should be good to go. :) If you notice anything that doesn't look right, let me know and I'll take care of it.

Nicole said...

Girl! I can't believe that about Brooke. What a talent you have! I received Photo Shop from Wes for Christmas and have yet to learn a thing about it. It seems overwhelming! So fun to see your family and be able to keep up better now.
love,
Nicole

Brandi said...

Hey Nicole, if you have any questions about PhotoShop let me know, maybe I can pass on the few things I've learned. :D

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Great picture Brandles.
-Piecers-

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Great picture Brandles.
-Piecers-

Melissa said...

So sorry Miss Brooke is dealing with so much!

And I DID tell you about my Blog! I emailed you and Laura! Are you sending my emails to junk? LOL! Nicole found out from another Email that you ALSO should have gotten! LOL!

Beegurl13 said...

Dang my stupid e-mail system!!! :( I will have to check the on-line thing and see what it did with your e-mail. It seems like every couple of weeks I have to go into the system and check my 'black-listed' emails, and I always find things from my family and friends. What's up with that! Sorry, I'll go check it now. I guess maybe that's why I haven't gotten any e-mails lately. Except for junk mail that is, and isn't that what they are SUPPOSED to be filtering out????? :(