Boy, what a difference 2 years makes! Jorden had his braces adjusted again this week and I realized it's been 2 years this month since he got them put on. It got me thinking about how much his teeth have changed since then. He's still got some more time with them, maybe a year or so, but it seems like some of his teeth have been pretty stubborn at growing in on time. They originally told us between 2 and 2 1/2 years, but I kinda think it may be a little longer than that. He says some of the other boys at school are finally starting to get braces on their teeth, so now he doesn't feel so bad about being the only one at school with them. We got our first consult when he was in 4th grade but since braces aren't cheap we decided to wait until he was in 5th grade before putting them on. And luckily now our dental insurance covers a little bit of it, so that helps us a little. Hopefully a year from now we will have a handsome picture (he'll kill me if I say lovely or beautiful :P ) of his straight, shining teeth. Until then, enjoy the difference and amazement that the braces have brought about!! I keep telling him the same thing my mom told me when I had my braces on -- You might not like them now but someday you'll thank me! :D
October 2005, the start of 5th grade - The BEFORE Picture -
April 2006 - Boy, look at that short hair!
April 2008 - Gee, you gotta love those Mom-Close-Up's!! :)
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








5 comments:
Wow! Those are really looking great! I can't believe it's been that long since he's had them on. He's such a handsome guy! Bytheway...sorry I never got back to you on the phone! The day you called was SOOOO hectic with everyone coming and trying to run last minute errands and stuff. But, now that I'm more settled--all I have is time baby! :)
That's my good lookin teenage grandson! I think you never regret pretty teeth! Of course the girls will be chasin him soon! This is Granny, but I'm on Brooke's account apparently, and you know I don't know how to change things!
Ha-Ha!! :) If you click on the SIGN OUT words at the top left side of the blog main page (up in the corner) then it should let you sign out and then sign in under a different account. I think it should work anyway! Or on this page right under the comment box it says "Choose an Identity" and under that it says who you are currently signed in as and then under that says "Use a different account." If you click that (it's underlined and blue) it should give you the sign in page. :D
What a difference! I know I wouldn't have landed such a hunky husband if I never had braces...so this will totally help him in the girl department! He looks great! It's going to be so nice for him to get his braces off earlier. I had mine until the end of my sophomore year...that stunk!
He will forever be grateful to you that he got braces...once they are off at least! I'm so glad some of your insurance will cover some of it...that helps! His teeth are looking great!--Reesers
Post a Comment