Well, I think it's official...our Jensen is not a baby anymore. :( For the past few days she has been telling me that she thought one of her teeth was loose, but then she said it didn't wiggle so I didn't pay much attention to it. Well, this morning as I was getting ready to get her dressed for church she came out of the bathroom and said "Hey look, my tooth came out!" I said "WHAT?!?!" and sure enough, she was standing there holding it in her hand. Apparently she felt it wiggling so she went into the bathroom and looked in the mirror. When she saw that it was moving she just grabbed it and pulled! No tears, no blood, nothing! Wow, what a difference from Jillen and her all-day-tooth-loss-cry-fests that we are used to! :D She is pretty excited about getting to use The Tooth Fairy Pillow that all the other kids have gotten to use. Good thing my Grandma Loe was such a thoughtful grandma, making me a tooth pillow that has lasted through not only me but all of my kids! That cute little pillow has seen a lot of teeth, and hopefully will see a lot more. Let's hope the Tooth Fairy has time for an extra stop tonight! :D
Boy, she sure is an independent little girl!
Jensen, the tooth, and the infamous Tooth Fairy Pillow! (Well, part of it anyway!)
The Tooth-Less Wonder!!
Who would have thought I would ever love Brown Eyes so much? Not me, that's for sure!
She is so excited to show her teacher and friends tomorrow at school that she's toothless! And now we wait for that Fairy...
*UPDATE*
Well, just as I was thinking how grown up she is, bedtime rolled around. We had the tooth all tucked into the tooth fairy pillow and I told her to go put it underneath her pillow on her bed. She was in her room for quite a while before she finally came out, on the verge of tears, and handed me the tooth fairy pillow. I thought maybe she had dropped the tooth or something so I asked what was wrong. She said, with trembling lip, "I decided I don't want to give my tooth to the Tooth Fairy. I've had it for a really long time and I'm just not ready to give it away. I don't want her to come." I know I'm a baby but it was all I could do not to start crying right there! :( I asked if she wanted me to write the Tooth Fairy a note and ask if she would leave the tooth. That's what Jillen has done with her last several teeth because she wanted to keep them and in an effort to get her to go to sleep I came up with the note idea. Jensen said that was fine, but she was still a little nervous and worried that the tooth would be gone. She just wanted to forget about it all together! Then she thought about it for a while longer and finally said, "Okay, write a note to the Tooth Fairy and ask her to leave the tooth tonight, but tell her that she can come back in 3 days and get it because I will be done with it by then. I still have to clean it and wash it and get all of the water out of it. See, it has a big hole in the bottom of it and I think there is water inside. My tooth still needs me, it's not ready to go yet. But it will be in 3 days." :D I have no idea where she came up with that but the note got written and an invitation has been extended to the Tooth Fairy to return in 3 days and take the tooth, if she wants to that is. ;)
Oh, this sweet girl, there's never a dull moment with her, that's for sure!! :D
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








5 comments:
Oh my goodness! She's getting so big! I can't believe it! And, I never realized I could love brown eyes either...but they kind of grow on ya. :) Good luck with the Tooth Fairy! I hope she treats Jensen real nice. She's such a gorgeous little girl.
Definition: Adorable, beautiful, sweet, charming, amazing, pretty, peaceful, happy, wonderful, elegant, sincere, cute, pleasant, talented, intelligent, brown-eyed, little lady, gets her looks from her uncle Piecers,
See also Jensen.
What a little cutie! I know she gets at least part of her beauty and looks from her Aunt Reesers (it's a hereditary thing!).
That is so cute!
Love it! Oh, they grown up too fast! Jarom is anxiously waiting for his next front tooth to give up. /She is so cute! Love keeping up with ya!
I can't believe it! I was just thinking a few days ago that Britt is getting really grown up because he just got his 20th tooth!...but then I read your post and realized that they aren't really grown-up until the teeth start falling out. :) Britt just loved looking at the pictures of "den-sen." She's such a sweet little gal!
Post a Comment