I decided to try something new. Several of the people at my ALIAS friend site do this and I have always wanted to try it but since I didn't have a digital camera I couldn't. But now I do so here I go!! It the idea of Chad Darnell, and if you want to check out his 12 of 12 you can go here --> http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/runchadrun2/12_of_12/index.html. People all over the world are doing it, it's a really great idea he had. The deal is that you take 12 pictures of your day on the 12th day of the month, and then you blog it. Sound fun? I figure it is kind of like a journal, documenting my day. My life is really boring so none of the pictures are too exciting, but it's a pretty accurate description of my day! :)
7:30am
This is when the 3 younger kids get on the bus and leave for school. Jorden doesn't leave until 8:30, although today he had a late start so he didn't have to leave until 9:45! It sure does make my day go easier when all the kids make the bus. Now I know how my mom must have felt!! :)
11:00am
After sleeping in a little since I got hardly any sleep the night before, I had to get ready for the day. I sure was happy that I bought a new brush yesterday! The old one (which was only about 3 months old) had lost most of the plastic tips on the end of the bristles, the girls hated when I brushed their hair with it! And I was so happy to have some new earrings!! My other gold and silver hoop earrings are about a year old and they aren't looking too good anymore! Luckily these ones are nice and shiny!!
12:00pm
How happy am I that Coke decided to start making a Vanilla cola again?!?! So Happy!!! It's not as good as Vanilla Pepsi, but it's pretty great!! Thanks Coke!!!
1:00pm
Since I had school in the evening, it was the day that all 3 of the younger kids go to the Children's Center at MCC. They have to take a dinner so it's sandwiches they get!! I think it's so funny that all of them like peanut butter, but they will only eat it certain ways. Jillen has to have peanut butter with honey on whole pieces of bread. Jayden has to have peanut butter with grape jelly on whole pieces of bread but with no crust. And Jensen has to have peanut butter with grape jelly, with no crust, cut into 4 squares. Try keeping that straight every time you make a sandwich!!! :D
1:05pm
Here is a sad, pathetic little doggie sitting and waiting for any food scraps that might fall onto the floor. Pitiful...
1:30pm
Time to start some laundry. Why is it that my laundry pile never seems to get smaller?
2:00pm
Today was my little baby brother Brett's 20th birthday! It's still hard to believe he is getting old enough that he's not a teenager anymore. I still remember him as the little boy that I used to take to baseball games, a baby boy that I dressed in dresses and bows, a little boy who carried around a yellow plastic motorcycle that he called his "Un-Un." I called him to tell him - Happy Birthday Brett!!!
2:30pm
Time to study!! Who knows what IBC means??? Yeah, I didn't think anyone knew. It stands for International Building Code, and that's the class I had to study for. We had a test and I didn't do as badly as I thought I would. Good thing I studied!!
4:00pm
On my way to school, with 3 kiddies in tow! Everytime we go they ask me why we take the freeway. I'm not sure what the curiosity is but I know I hate the traffic on the way home! People are crazy drivers, that's for sure!! The kids go to the Children's Center on campus and for the most part they love it. Jayden has a hard time since he's one of only a couple of boys, and most of the other kids are younger than him. I think he would be happier staying home and playing video games. Oh well...
8:00pm
Time for dinner! I actually made something that almost all of the kids would eat! Shocking, I know! The only one who wouldn't touch it was Jensen, and she won't eat too many things. But it was good, and easy. I like that part!!
10:30pm
Finally, some folded laundry! Well, at least 1 1/2 out of 4 loads that I did today. Some got put away after dinner, and some more is still in the dryer, but at least this much is done. Now to just get it put away...
11:45pm
Time to set out the kiddies clothes for school tomorrow. Boy does it make the morning go smoother when their clothes are already set out and waiting for them when they wake up! Now if I could just get them to keep track of their shoes... Oh well, I guess we need something to work towards.
That's my day!! Hope you enjoyed it! Maybe you'll want to try it next month!! :)
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








8 comments:
Yeah! I actually felt a part of your day to get to see pics and hear about what you did. I about lost it when I saw little Bambi--I sure miss Buffy! I'm glad you have Bambi so I can see her sometimes! :) It sure looks like you had a busy, full day--with all you have going, I bet it's always like that! Bytheway, Ellee says Thanks! for "accidently" seeing the clearance rack! :) I hate it when that happens! :) I hope your day today is great! Let me know when you're a little less crazy busy and I'll give ya a call!
Great first 12 of 12!!
Yay for joining 12 of 12! Have you left the URL in a comment on Chad's Blog?
In case you don't know - to get the Permalink (the URL which will direct people straight to this entry, rather than your Main Blog page (which gets updated with new posts)), click on the title of this post, and then copy the URL.
Go to Chad's Blog (http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/runchadrun2/, scroll down for the entry which lists everyone's posts), and leave the URL in a comment, along with your name and location!
(oh and we usually include somewhere in the post that it's Chad's idea - credit where credit's due!)
Now - I didn't think your day was boring at all! The genius of 12 of 12 is that it lets people all over the world, of all ages, both sexes, to show what a day in their life is like. You might think your first photo is boring - kids off to school on the bus, big whoop, right? Well to me, that's interesting, as we don't have the national icon that is the American yellow school bus. Same as for us, the Tube or a bus to work might be mundane and boring, but for anyone outside the UK, the Tube is exciting and new.
Even little things, like seeing a different Starbucks set up (we don't have drive thru ones), or the same product (like a Cadbury's Creme Egg) but in different packaging... it's a little tour around the world, from the comfort of your armchair.
I'm really glad you joined the gang - hopefully you'll find it as addictive as I do, and your 12ths will never be complete without the 12 photos! I try to do something new, different or interesting to others, on my 12ths. I might cook a meal I don't usually do (too labour intensive), or go somewhere new, style my hair for once, go out of my way to take a photo of something interesting. Even the mundane things, like the daily commute - I try and see them with strangers' eyes, and think of a good photo to take, to show all of you.
Maybe the kids will want to join in!
Helen (Firecracker) - I'm the "Helen, Devon" link on Chad's post.
Welcome in the 12 of 12 world !!!
i loved the differences with the sandwiches for your kids !!
see you next month !!
Welcome to the club!! :) Hey, I've got that same hairbrush!! Cool!! I may have to try that dinner sometime! Looks yummy!!
what a busy day! i still can't believe that all your babies are in school! they were just born! and now mine is almost 2! by-the-way, he likes his p.b.&j sandwiches like Jensen does. :) and i knew what IBC was! ...well i knew that IBC makes rootbeer in glass bottles...probably different IBC...anywhoo! i liked your 12 of 12!
Ooh, I love new earrings!
Nice pics. :)
From one 12 of 12 newbie to another. Nice job!
Post a Comment