Yippee!! My final Kitchen and Bath project is done!! Who knows what grade I will get in the class but I know my project today was the best in the class. Of course, my friend Brittani who usually does AWESOME work is in Hawaii this week so she wasn't there to present her project, but I still think mine would have been almost as good as hers! :) Anyhow, it's late and I am sleep deprived so here are the pictures! We had to choose an inspiration picture and then base our design off of that. The one I chose is shown on the boards and is super colorful! Since it's a powder room it had to be fancy and not very practical, hence the glass sink that is sunken into the counter, green onyx underlit countertop (when the light is on the counter and sink will glow), the glass tile back splash, and the multi colored glass flowers on the wall that coordinate with the sink and have LED lights in them so they will shine and sparkle. I guess it is kind of fun designing things that are not very practical for normal people. Or people with kids... :P
The Presentation Boards --
All the technical stuff: floor plan, elevation of the custom countertop/sink area, and dimensions.
And the cool thing: the 2 point perspective of the sink and counter area. It turned out pretty good, even though I still had a little tweaking to do on it before I handed it into my Color Rendering teacher. Not enough value change, needed to punch some colors darker, and color glow!! Man, I feel like I still have TONS to learn!! Maybe I should take this class again...











4 comments:
WOO HOO!! I have a powder room!! I feel so privelaged!! Great job, Brandi! Hope you are planning an awesome Christmas! Miss ya!
Man! That is fancy! I may have to wait a couple of years until I get a room like that! :) And...I think you're going to ace this class!
Brandi...every time you post a project they just get better and better! I hope that you'll be available to design my house...if I can ever afford you! :)
Just so you guys know, I got an A on this project, but barely! She gave me 135 out of 150 points. And I also got an A on the rendering in my Rendering class, 90 out of 100 points. I got the same score for my kitchen drawing from last week. I think I will probably get B's in both of those classes, but I can redo or fix some of my renderings and get additional points, so maybe I will... I am hoping that my grade is close enough in the Kitchen and Bath class to get up to an A but since I got B's on my first two projects, I am not gonna hold my breath! I am just curious what everyone else in the class gets... Oh well, I'm Done!!!
Post a Comment