Wow, I actually did it!! A new 12 of 12!! I haven't done one since January and I finally remembered this month. Sadly, I realized just how truly boring my life is!! :( Oh well, I guess it's no great secret, I've just been in denial. But I think with Jensen being so sick, my day was a lot more boring than it would have been otherwise. Anyway, here we go!! For those who don't know what this is, here's the info --
It's the idea of Chad Darnell, and if you want to check out his 12 of 12 you can go here --> http://chaddarnell.typepad.com/runchadrun2/12_of_12/index.html. People all over the world are doing it, it's a really great idea he had. The deal is that you take 12 pictures of your day on the 12th day of the month, and then you blog it.
Here we go!!
7:30am -- Time to take out the trash. The kids were late getting up for school so they missed the bus and while I was waiting for them I figured I'd get the trash taken. The recycle dumpsters get emptied tomorrow so I may as well fill them as much as I can!
8:00am -- My sick little Sleeping Beauty. Jensen is still pretty sick so she had to stay home from school today. She actually woke me up at 5:45 to help her get a drink, but I wasn't thinking about the camera at that point... I was just glad to get down the hall without stumbling into something. :)
8:45am -- This picture is a 2 parter. So, it's no secret that Jayden has his good days and his bad days. Well today was surely a bad one! He refused to get dressed so instead of making Jillen late by fighting with him, I left him at home and drove Jillen to school. Jorden is still home at that time so he wasn't totally alone or anything, but it gave him a little time to think about what he wanted to do. So when I got home he had decided to go to school, but he wanted to ride his bike. Yeah, 4 miles or so? I don't think so! So then he asked if he could walk or run, and again I said no. I know, I'm the meanest mom ever! So his compromise was that he would run to the end of the street and then to the end of the next street if I would follow him and then pick him up and drive him the rest of the way. At that point I was fine with whatever, as long as it got him out the door! So I loaded up Jensen while he started down the street and pretty soon this is what I saw. Crazy boy!
10:00am -- Ahh, a full dishwasher!! That only took me an hour! :D But at least they are done for another day!
11:00am -- Time to check my grades for the semester! Our instructors had to have them turned in last Friday but I forgot to check during the day and since the new student website thing is only available during the day, I had to wait until today. My grade for my history class isn't posted here, but on the class website it says my grade was an A. (I'd have had to basically not do my last 2 essays to NOT get an A! :P ) But imagine my surprise when the grade for my other 2 classes were both A's!! Yeah!! Straight A's again!! It seems like it's been so long since I had that! Last Fall I got 2 B's and last Spring I got 2 B's and let me tell you, they are still annoying me to no end!! :o I seriously want to retake those classes! But I won't... I don't think...
12:30pm -- Lunch time! Tim brought me his lunch, or what was left of it. :) I got a taco and a crunchwrap supreme. I hadn't had one of those before and it wasn't too bad. And of course there is my favorite -- Vanilla Coke. :D
1:00pm -- My sick little Princess! :( She watched cartoons and then slept most of the day, after throwing up a few times that is. The doctor says that a flu like bug is going around and that it can last anywhere from 3 to 7 days! 7 DAYS?!?!?! NO!!!!! I don't think I can handle that! She already hasn't eaten any food since Friday at lunch. Poor baby! But as long as she's getting some fluids in her, and she doesn't look bad, then we will just have to ride it out. But she is still so sad looking... So of course I had to take a picture of her, which she loved, as you can tell! :)
3:30 - 4:00pm -- Again, a 2 parter. The kids got home from school! They are always so glad to be back after a long day in class. They always find some type of snack to eat. Apparently they aren't fans of the school lunches! :) Today they were especially excited to get home because the school was having a swim party tonight and they were anxious to tell me so that they could hopefully go.
6:00pm -- Speaking of the swimming party... Jensen got pretty excited when she heard the other kids talking about it so she went and got her swimsuit so that she could go. She was heartbroken when I told her that she couldn't go, and that she and I were staying home while Dad took the other kids. She cried for a few minutes and then was asleep before too long. Poor baby!! :(
5:00-ish - 8:00pm -- Darn you Tyra Banks and your addictive America's Next Top Model show!! And extra darns to VH1 and MTV for airing marathons of them!! But it does help pass the time. Plus it's always fun to hear Tyra tell her "You think you have it bad, well I had to..." stories! :D Ahh, this was the season of Jade, the "confident" (stuck up) girl who always thanked everyone for believing in her... Yuck!!! But it sure was fun to see her get voted off again!! :D Jensen and I laid on my bed and watched it... Well she slept while I watched it! :P
8:30pm -- After Tim and the kids got home from swimming it was time to eat. Spaghetti and garlic bread are always a favorite and everyone will actually eat them! Jensen even managed to get a scoop full of noodles down and they haven't even made a reappearance yet! Yippee!!
10:00pm -- Bed Time for the kiddies!! They usually go to bed closer to 9:00 but because of the swimming and baths, it was 10 before they headed off. Their clothes are all set out for tomorrow, although Jensen doesn't have any. I think she will be staying home for another day or two. Man, the house is sure a lot quieter after they are in bed! Maybe now I can go watch the shows I recorded this evening! That The Big Bang Theory show is hilarious!! :D And John and Kate Plus Eight is really good too! So sweet!! :)
Bonus!! Now I know that Chad isn't doing bonus words this year, or at least as of January he wasn't. ;) So I figured I would include a picture of my Mother's Day gifts, minus my flowers, so that you could all see how sweet and thoughtful my kiddies are! :D The cards and pictures are all proudly displayed on my little flower pots, so they kind of blend in, but they are there!!
And here is a little something that I made this afternoon while Jensen was sleeping. I am DYING to see the new Speed Racer movie, and I think I will probably take my kids next Friday morning since they will be out of school and the theater does $5 movies on Friday mornings. My brothers and I used to watch the cartoon when we were growing up and I always sing the theme song, or at least the chorus to it, so I was super excited when I found out they were making it into a movie. And then to find out that Matthew Fox, aka Jack on Lost, was playing Racer X made me want to see it even more!! But I think we will discuss Foxy a little more in the next week or so when I start back up with my Favorite things... :) Anyhow, I thought I'd play with my Photoshop program a little and this is what I made!! :D (You'll have to click on it and make it full size to really get the full affect. ;) )
Well, I hope you all had more exciting days than I did!! :D









3 comments:
Awww, I hope Jensen feels better soon. I LOVE her name, by the way. Yummy looking dinner and I'm an ANTM fan as well. Silly Tyra.
Thanks lulu!! And I can't believe that I didn't remember your name was Allison! Have I been living under a rock?!?! :)
I don't think that looks like a boring day at all. It looks pretty exciting actually. So....maybe I'm the boring one! :) Poor Jensen! I hope she's feeling better today. Sick kids are no fun! And, cool Speed Racer pic--you'll have to let me know how that movie is. I don't know much about it, but it looked like it could be good. And...Taco Bell!?!? You lucky thing! I still crave that place. Elliott gets a little nervous when all I do is crave Mexican food when I'm pregnant. :)
Post a Comment