Wow!! This week is finally over! Jensen was sick until Thursday and got to stay home from school all week, until Friday when she was only there for about an hour since they had early outs because it was the last day of the grading period. The kids are pretty excited to get out for the summer this Thursday, although Jayden and Jensen are going to do a Summer Reading Program there for the month of June. It should really help them with their Phonograms and give them a head start for next year. And since it's only half a day, Monday through Thursday, they should still get plenty of play time.
Can you hear that? Listen... Did you hear it? The sound of silence? Coming from my house? Ahh, a mom's night alone!!
So this past weekend Tim decided to take the kids camping. They all have been dying to go for quite a while now so he found a camp site just outside of town and they headed out for the night on Friday afternoon. They didn't go too far and since it was hot, they came back Saturday morning. But I got the night all to myself! I almost didn't know what to do with myself! Almost... :D Tim said that he wants to try and go once or twice a month with the kids, which would give me lots of nights to myself! :) The kids all asked me if I would go with them but each time I explained that "Mom doesn't camp!" and eventually they got the hint. It's not that I don't camp, or haven't ever camped, I have...alot. It's just that I don't LIKE to camp, and avoid it whenever possible! ;) My idea of roughing it is a hotel room! Anyway, I had plenty of things to keep me busy, as you can see in this picture of my events for the evening!
First I got Panda Express for dinner. Yum!! Then I went to Paradise Bakery and got some Lemon Zester cookies. (They are SO good!!) Then I went to Bath and Body Works and got a refill for my plug-in room freshener. Man, I could spend a small fortune in that store! :P Then I went by Sonic and got a Vanilla Cherry Coke. I was all set! When I was at Wal-Mart earlier in the day I saw that they had refilled their $5.00 dvd bin and they had some movies that I LOVE! I got A Knight's Tale, Footloose, and The Wedding Planner, which I added to the 2 ice skating movies I got not too long ago - The Cutting Edge and Ice Castles. Have I mentioned how much I love movies??? :D I also treated myself and bought Juno. It's such a cute movie! So I had movies to watch, which I did, and I even watched an episode of Roswell and one of Friday Night Lights! And imagine my excitement when I turned on Jay Leno just to see who was on and found out that Matthew Fox, aka Jack on Lost, or Racer X from Speed Racer, or 'Foxy' as he is commonly called (obviously we know how he got THAT nickname!! And it's not just because of his last name!! :D ) was going to be on. Oh, he's so awesome!! (And so grows my crush...) It was a fun evening, that's for sure!! I was even nice and bought Chocolate Chip Cookies from Paradise Bakery for the kids and Tim for when they got home. (Well, I knew I shouldn't eat an entire dozen of Lemon Zester cookies myself... :P )
Then Saturday my parents came by on their way home from their trip back East where they got to see Beau graduate from his basic training. They had a great time and really enjoyed the time they had to visit with him. They said he got ice cream 3 times that day while they were out! Apparently the Army isn't too big on their recruits eating a lot of fattening things! :P So, of course, they brought some fun things for the kids. The girls got Army Teddy Bears and the boys got Army Camo t-shirts. And Jayden got his wish fulfilled -- the wish he has had ever since seeing Uncle Beau in his snazzy Army camo uniform! I mentioned before that Jayden asked me why I hadn't gotten him any clothes like Uncle Beau's...Well Uncle Beau sent a mini Army suit just like his for Jayden! It's for his birthday next month, but there was no way that it was gonna wait until then! He put it right on and seriously has only taken it off to shower and go to church today. And then as soon as we got home he put it right back on! He slept in it last night, jumped on the trampoline in the sprinkler with it yesterday afternoon, and wore it all morning and afternoon/evening today. And he's sleeping in it again tonight. I am gonna have to PRY it off of him tomorrow morning when he has to go to school. He even took his hat with him to church today! He wore it the whole way in the car and then held it in Primary, putting it back on as soon as we left he building to go home. Silly Boy!! And he did all of this even though it was almost 100 degrees yesterday and over 100 degrees today! He looks a little silly sweating to death outside in his t-shirt, pants, jacket, boots, and hat, but he loves it!!! Thanks so much Uncle Beau!!! Hoepfully I can get it washed tomorrow while he is at school because I am sure he will be looking for it as soon as he gets home from school! :D
And here is Jayden going his best impression of Uncle Beau -
And just to prove how into camo Jayden is, he fell asleep last night in the camo uniform, with his camo blanket, so Jorden and I decided to have a little fun of our own!! We played our own version of Where's Waldo -- we call it...
Where's Jayden???
Can you spot the elusive Wild Jayden?
How about now?
And since we had just watched E.T. yesterday afternoon, I was inspired by a particular scene. This is the Where's Jayden??? version of it -
Yeah, it doesn't pay to fall asleep around this house when mom is still awake and has a camera!! Oh well, at least he's cute!! :D Ahh, what an interesting week!!









4 comments:
Love the camo! Congrats to Beau as well! Such a great example for those kids! Fun when attention comes from those aunts and uncles!
LOL! That's just too precious! I agree with the whole camping thing -- not really for me!
Glad you got a night to yourself! Tell Tim the 14th is looking GREAT for a camp out! LOL!
((HUG)) Miss ya!
Too cute! Jayden is Grandpa's dream!...a grandchild that loves hunting so much that he wears camo everyday (just in case he finds an opportunity to hunt during that day). :) Sounds like you had fun while the house was empty too. :)
Yep!! Grandpa has got him trained well, that's for sure!! :D
Post a Comment