Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother I Love You, Mother I Do...

Well, another Mother's Day has rolled around. I usually love Mother's Day because the kids make a big deal about it, and this year was no different. They all make gifts for me at school and then bring them home on Friday and ask if I want them right then. I usually tell them to put them away and give them to me on Sunday, but this year I got them on Saturday because everyone was just too excited. Silly kids! They were all so proud of what they had made for me, except for Jorden, who told me that he HAD to make his gift for me because his Tech teacher at school made them all make one! Man, I need to send a thank you card to that guy!! :D Tim got me the Crazy Daisies that I always like to have on Mother's Day -- they are so fun and colorful!

I woke up this morning to a pancake breakfast that Jillen made for me all by herself! And she was so proud that she didn't even burn any of the pancakes! Let me just say, I was glad for that too!! :P Tim usually "helps" the kids make me breakfast and then bring it to me in bed, but last year the kids did it all themselves. What a nice way to start the day! Then I fixed up some little treats that my Primary kids were going to give to their moms and then got ready for church. The little kids were singing in Sacrament Meeting so that was fun to hear. Then after we got home Tim and I headed over to my friend Melissa's house to pick up Tim's truck that she was so nicely storing for us! (Thanks again Melissa!!) On his way home Tim stopped and got me Panda Express for dinner, which meant that I didn't have to cook!! Yeah!!

Me and the Kiddies - Easter 2005

Me and Jorden -- February 1997

Me and Jillen -- May 1999

Me and Jayden & Jillen -- June 2000 (Yeah, no make-up, I had just gotten home from the hospital after having him, I was a little tired. :P )

Me and Jensen & Jorden (again, no make-up...at least this time I was still in the hospital! :D )

(Wow!! I really need to take more pictures with the kids! :o )

The only damper to this lovely weekend is Jensen...she has been so sick ever since Friday afternoon. She threw up Friday after geting home from school, but I figured it was just car sickness, which she gets quite often after riding the bus home. But then Friday afternoon she got sick again and then kept it up all night and all Saturday. When she got up this morning she seemed to be doing better and by this afternoon she was able to keep some Gatorade and crackers down. But while Tim and I were gone and Jorden was babysitting, she got sick again and then it happened again later. Poor little thing!! I guess she won't be going to school for a day or two. If she's not any better by tomorrow then I guess I will be making a doctor's appointment for her. So far no one else is sick, so I'm hoping that means it's not a flu bug. It's been so long since we had one, I guess it's about time for it to roll back around.

Now, on to the real reason for this post!! :D I know most people think that they have the best mother ever, but they are wrong. Sorry everyone, but I lucked out in that department! My mom is so great!! I was reading my sister Brooke's post and I have to say I agree with everything she had to say. I guess I should just copy it and paste it here! :P My mom has always been such a fun mom. All my friends used to love to hang out at my house because my mom always had fun stuff for us to eat or good ideas of what we should do. Our house was always available for get togethers and my mom never minded having a house full of teenagers, even though I know it must have been hard especially since she had little kids that needed to sleep! My mom would always drive me and my friends to dances and games, even though my brother Brett was a baby and she was exhausted! I remember being away at college and she would send little packages and all of my roommates thought she was the coolest mom because none of their moms ever sent anything to them, and my mom would send enough for me to share. I can also remember boys that I had crushes on in high school telling me that my mom was the coolest mom around and that they all wished they would have a wife like her someday. Um, hello!! They say the apple doesn't fall far from the tree... Oh well!! :D My mom is such a great Granny to my kids too!! She always sends them cards and packages and they are so excited when they see something in the mail from Granny and Grandpa because they know there is gonna be something good in it! I remember all the holidays growing up when she would do fun little goodie bags for us -- she made them so fun! I remember the first time I did them for our kids Tim asked me why I was doing them. I just told him that my mom always did it for me and I loved it, and I knew that she did it because she loved me, so I wanted my kids to feel the same way I did. She is truly a wonderful mother and grandmother and I am so glad to be her daughter!!

My Mom!! Her Senior Year of high school and her with me.

Me and my mom - Homecoming October 1989. In Snowflake it was a tradition that the students, especially the athletes, buy a Mum for their Mom. Luckily my friend Laura had my camera for the day so she got a picture of me trying to pin the Mum onto my Mom. Luckily my mom knew what she was doing! Oh, she also had to pin the boutonnieres on my Homecoming and Prom dates for me! :D I didn't want to risk the blood stains on their nice shirts that surely would have resulted from me doing it! :P

My mom and Jorden - April 2006

My Mom and Jillen - July 1999

My Mom & Dad and Jayden - July 2000

My Mom and Jensen - December 2002

Me, Brooke, Brianna, and my mom with Ellee -- December 2007


I also need to wish Tim's mom a Happy Mother's Day! She is a really great grandma to our kids too. Every time she would see our kids when they were little she would sing songs with them and teach them about shapes and letters and colors. The kids loved it! Tim always talks about what a great cook she was when he was growing up, he loved everything that she made. He still calls her to ask her for recipes...ya, I don't have too many of those. If it doesn't come from a can, a bag, or a box then I probably don't make it. :) She has always been so welcoming and loving to me and I appreciate that! After hearing so many of my friends compalin about their mother-in-laws, I know how lucky I am! She raised Tim to be a good husband and I'm very grateful for that!!

Tim's Mom and Jorden - February 1996

Tim's Mom and Jillen - June 2000


(Man, I really do need to brush up on my pictures!! :( Another thing that my mom excels at! :D )

I hope all the mom's out there had a wonderful day!!

5 comments:

Melissa said...

Brandi's Mom IS the very best mom around!! We always loved going there and I STILL love seeing Marie! Happy Mother's Day!

granny said...

You are too sweet! I guess you're hitting the age where your memory starts to go. Blake always remembers the things I did to him differently! I know I'm not perfect, and that's okay. I'm sure glad you girls have rosey memories! Dad always told me to send packages to you kids away at school so you would stay there and not come home! Ha Ha! Just kidding! We wanted you each to have fun as you grew up, and experience life along the way! We sure did! Thanks again! Love you! Mom

Brooke said...

I love all the pictures! I can't believe how young Mom was when you were born. To think by my age she had an almost 9 year old. Wow! She's pretty amazing! I'm glad your kids spoiled you...you deserve it!

Brandi said...

Yeah, I know. Just think, when she was MY age she had a 16 year old! :o I can't even imagine that yet... :)

granny said...

I was just thinking, when I was Brandi's age, my Mother died. That was way too young. She died one week before I turned 35.