Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, May 9, 2008

A Photo Buffet...

Well, nothing too awfully exciting has happened around here lately, but we do have a collection of pictures to share. Enjoy!!

Oops!! She did it again!!
And I don't mean Britney Spears! :D Well, Jensen lost another tooth! And just like with the other tooth, she yanked it out herself! But this time she was much braver and she actually let the Tooth Fairy take the tooth!! Oh ya, she decided to keep the first one. I guess it's a good thing that Fairy didn't stop by on the 3rd night afterall!! :P

Oh, so THAT'S what you're supposed to do when you have a hole in your mouth! Good thing that tongue is there to plug it up!! Silly Girl!!


Ch-Ch-Ch-Ch-Changes!!
So a few weeks ago Jillen and Jayden caught some caterpillars outside and decided to keep them as pets. Oh what a fun few days they had with all the caterpillars races, custom built bug houses, and aphid finding missions. Then the caterpillars stopped moving. I figured that, like usual, they had died. There they sat in their little jar with what looked like mold growing on them. The kids insisted that they were building cacoons, but they didn't look like any cacoons I had ever seen. I figured I would leave them for a week or so and then toss them out once the kids forgot about them. Then, wouldn't you know it, the other night where there once had been 2 fuzzy little caterpillars, 2 gray moths emerged! Jillen was so excited!! We took them outside and one flew right out of the jar. The other needed a few more minutes to get it's wings ready and then it was off! I was sure suprised!! But it was a nice surprise! :)

Fun With Ellee!!
The kids were so excited when I told them that Aunt Brooke, Uncle Elliott, and Ellee were going to be in town for a few days. They were all hoping that Ellee would get to come play, and so was I! We don't get to see them too often so it was going to be a treat! We offered to watch Ellee for a few hours so that Brooke and Elliott could go out on a date and we were a little worried at first that Ellee would cry because she had been asleep and she doesn't know us too well. She was a little nervous for the first few minutes, but then she spotted the little truck on the front porch and she never looked back! Lucky for us we had Jillen, the Baby Wrangler, to keep her entertained. What funny girls!!
She was even giving High-Fives!
And Knuckles!! :D
This was about the biggest smile she gave until her Mommy and Daddy got back, then it was a laugh fest! She sure is a cute little thing!!
In The Army Now!!
My brother Beau has been at Army Bootcamp for the past 2 months and we finally got a picture of him in his fancy camo uniform! Let me tell you, Jayden is sure jealous!! He was wondering where Uncle Beau got his cool clothes and why I hadn't gotten any for him! Goofy boy, he already has about 100 different camo patterns on everything from shirts to pants to shorts to shoes to pillow cases and even his backpack! Beau graduates from basic training next week and then heads off to Texas for more training. We are sure proud of him and all the fun he has been having! But I just want to know -- why don't they ever smile in those military pictures??? We wanna see some teeth, baby!! :D
Another One Bites The Dust!!
Well, the most exciting thing for me this week was the end of my school semester!! I always look forward to when I get to put my school books on the bookshelf. I don't get rid of any of my Interior Design books because they are really good resources and I may use them in the future, but boy, there is a lot of money sitting on that shelf!! It's hard to believe it's been 4 years since I started going to school, and that I will be done in December!! :o It's a little scary too... ;) Only a few classes left and then I'll be finished...for now. :)
Well, that's our life this week. Next week I am gonna try and remember to do a 12 of 12! It's been a while since I did one and I kinda miss them. :P If anyone wants to joy me, go for it!! It's super fun!!

6 comments:

Brooke said...

Yum...I feel so filled up after that photo buffet. :) How crazy that Jensen already lost another tooth! And...do caterpillars that turn into moths look different than caterpillars that turn into butterflies? Just a random question I have...

Nicole said...

Girl! What is a 12 on 12? Love you and love the pictures!

Brandi said...

Brooke - I'm not sure what the difference is between butterfly ones and moths ones. I guess I should have the kids check into that. Good summer project!! :)

And Nicole - 12 of 12 is this thing that I used to do every month but I have slacked off the past few months. Basically, on the 12th day of the month you take 12 pictures throughout your day and then blog them. It's just kind of a record of your day. There is a guy who started it and you can go to his blog and see links to other people who did one and then see how different people's days went. It's kinda fun to see what people do. I just thought it would be a good way to show what goes on in this house. Plus it's kinda fun to try and see if I can come up with 12 things to take pictures of!! :D If you look in my old posts you can find the ones I did before. ;)

Melissa said...

I LOVE Brandi's blog!

Brandi said...

Thanks Melissa!! :D

Anonymous said...

I'm trying to convince Britt that Jensen ate too much bubble gum, so if he keeps getting into Mommy's gum his teeth will fall out too. ...sadly, he's not buying it. :)
You guys have had such an action packed few weeks, huh? Love all the pictures! :)