Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Sunday, July 13, 2008

July's 12 of 12...

(Sorry for the double post for those of you who get this as an e-mail. The spacing on this thing does not like me lately and it's taking me FOREVER to get it right! Maybe one of these days I will figure out what's not working right. Until then, sorry!! :) )

Well, today was July 12th, time again for the 12 of 12. I didn't really do a typical one this month, meaning I didn't take the type of pictures I usually take. So this month I decided to change it up a little bit and go with a theme. Hope you like it! :D

12 Things That I Loved Today...

1. My Family!! Today was Jayden's baptism day, as well as Jorden's day to finally be ordained a Deacon and Jensen's day to finally get her blessing that she never got as a baby. I know, I'm a little slow, but like I always say -- Better Late Than Never! :P Here's the family that I love, and that I am just realizing, as I see this picture, is getting so big! :o

Jorden, Me, Tim
Jayden, Jensen, Jillen




















2. My Kids!! They were a little wild and crazy today but that's pretty normal for them. The 3 big kids got home from their Grandma and Grandpa Whitmer's house yesterday and they were all excited to see each other. I think Jensen was mainly excited to have more people in the house to play with her. They sure are getting big!


Jensen, Jayden, Jillen, and Jorden

















3. My Dad!! He is so great! The poor guy worked a 12 hour shift until 7:00 this morning. Then my mom picked him up from work and they drove 3 hours to meet us at the church for Jayden's baptism which started at 10am! Then he had to be back to work at 7:oo this evening, so they turned around and drove 3 hours back so that he could get a couple of hours sleep before going back into work. I sure do appreciate him being willing to do this for us. What a great Grandpa he is to my kids!!
And I love my Mom too! I didn't get any pictures of her today but that doesn't mean I'm not thankful to her too! :)

My Dad, Jensen, Jorden, Jayden



















My Dad baptized Jayden so here they are together with Jensen peeking in too. Jayden was a little worried about how long he would be under the water and exactly how long he would have to hold his breathe. He told me that he was going to try and keep his eyes open since there would not be any chlorine like in a swimming pool. Silly Boy!! :D
























My Dad also blessed Jensen. She was a little nervous but had a big smile on her face as the blessing was being said. I know she was excited about it.






















My dad helped to ordain Jorden. I'm sure he's not too excited about having a grandson who is getting to be pretty close to him in height! :D




















4. Sweet 8 Year Olds! Jayden was very excited about today and I am so proud of him for making the decision to be baptized. He met with our Bishop last night to have his interview and to say whether or not he wanted to be baptized and afterwards he told me that he was really happy to become a member of the church and that he knew he would be getting baptized just like Jesus did. Of course he got in a few last teases to Jensen before the baptism. I guess he needed to get those little sins out of his system so that they could be washed away. :D











5. Tim's Parents!! I really appreciated them taking time out from their Temple jobs to come and be there for Jayden and the other kids. Tim's dad confirmed Jayden with the Gift of the Holy Ghost and he also Ordained Jorden as a Deacon, giving him the Aaronic Priesthood. I think Jorden is excited to finally stop getting teased by all the other boys in his Deacon's quorum. :D Now he gets to help out with things like Passing the Sacrament and collecting Fast Offerings. Yippee!!

Not only did he do that but they also kept the 3 big kids all last week, and lived to talk about it! It's like a miracle!! :D




















6. Fancy Scriptures!! Jayden got a new set of scriptures for his birthday from his Granny and Grandpa Jones. They have his name on them and they came in a super cool green case with CTR written in - what else - Camouflage!! Jayden is VERY excited to take those to church tomorrow! :P

























7. My Sister!! My sweet sister Brooke endured a long 3 hour car ride, twice in one day! Poor thing!! I know from experience that that is not the most comfortable thing when you're 6 months pregnant. But we were so happy to see her!! I only wish I had looked this cute when I was pregnant! :)






















8. My Niece Ellee!! She is just the cutest little 2 year old girl!! She is spunky and loud but funny as all get out! She makes the cutest faces and has the best laughs. This is her 'squoosh' face that she was making for us. She also did her 'crazy eyes' but I didn't get that one on camera. Maybe next week when we see her again... ;)






















Here is Ellee with Jillen as they are laughing about something. Such a cute belly-laugh she has!! Brooke had just changed her and taken her dress off and she was NOT happy! We could hear her crying as soon as they left the restaurant and all the way across the parking lot. When they got to the car she kept crying and even cried when Grandpa offered to take her. But then Jillen, the Baby Wrangler, stepped up and in an instant the tears stopped and less than a minute later this is what we got! Silly girl! There must be something magic about Jillen... I'm sure Brooke will enjoy her babysitting skills this week as she stays with them. ;)




















9. Matta's!! Oh, how I love Matta's!! I haven't had it since the main restaurant closed a few months ago so I was super happy to go there for lunch today! The menu is more limited but it tastes the same!! Yummy!!!


















Here are my Enchilada's. Oh, I have been thinking about these for months!! :D I also got Spanish Rice but I ate that too quickly to get a picture of it. I couldn't stop myself... :)



















And here are the kids eating their Cheese Crisps.
Yum-Yum!!





















10. Happy Kids!! I am always so happy when the kids actually get along with each other. And when they play together, even better!! Jensen was so happy to finally have some other kids to play with after being alone all last week. With Jillen gone to Granny's and Jorden staying the night at Christian's, Jayden and Jensen were happy playing together.












And here is Jayden playing outside, running back and forth pushing his toy firetruck. Yeah, I don't really get the fun in that but it entertains him so it's all good.













11. My Roswell Books!! I love my books, but I had a few duplicates so I figured I would sell them on Ebay since they are no longer produced and you have to buy them used. Some of them are worth a LOT of money, too bad I didn't have dupicates of those! But one of the books did sell for $10.50 so I guess that's pretty good. Then I remembered I have another duplicate so maybe I will have to sell that one too. I guess it's good to pass on things. And my kids will be super glad someday if I ever die and they sell all the stuff I've collected. Super, SUPER happy!


















12. Good Test Results!! I got the results back from my Mammogram that I had a few weeks ago. I must say, it wasn't nearly as bad as the girls at school had said. I think the worst thing was that I couldn't wear any lotion or deodorant. Good thing my appointment was at 8:30 in the morning! :D I feel sorry for the technician who has to help people at the end of the day when the temperature is 112 degrees! :D So my results were good and now I don't have to worry about it again until I'm 40. Yippee!!




















Well, that was our day. Some fun things and lots of good memories. I hope the kids will remember it.

Now I must sleep. I started this post about 2 1/2 hours ago and now that it's after 2:30am and I have a Primary class to teach tomorrow I guess I should try to get to bed. Fun-Fun... :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

Wow! What a great post! I can't figure the spacing stuff out sometimes too. Frustrating! But, it was still fun to read. The picture of me? Not so attractive... The picture of the enchiladas? Yum! That sounds really good right now. I LOVE your family picture! Everyone looks great! I'm so glad we were able to be here for such a special day. I guess that's a good thing about being close right now--we get to attend things like this. I'm excited to see you next week and actually get to visit more. And, Jillen has been great! We went to Ed's and she pushed Ellee around the whole time in the ridiculously long race-car shopping cart that I hate to push. Yeah!

Nicole said...

Oh my girl! So many thoughts! What a wonderful day for your family! Blessing, Baptism and Ordination! Wow! They are so sweet and cute! Love you! What a happy family!