Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Days...Part 1...

Finally!! Here is the reason there has been no new post lately. The kiddies and I were gone to Snowflake for the week and I've been so overwhelmed with all the pictures I took that I haven't gotten any new posts ready. Until now that is!! Get ready!! This is a 4 parter so I hope you have few minutes! :D We had a great time and enjoyed seeing family, feeling cooler weather, hearing thunder storms, and just relaxing. But it was nice to get back home to Tim and the doggies. I think I took about 150 pictures for the week, but don't worry, they aren't all posted in these posts! :P I have posted a lot of them in my 366 Photo Challenge so if you want to see more than what is here, you can go there and maybe see some extra stuff. It was fun to take pictures and hear everyone saying over and over my Mom's new favorite phrase -- "This one's goin' on the blog!" Buckle up cause here we go!!



Friday -- July 18th


We are on the way!! One of my favorite parts about the drive to Snowflake is seeing all the mountains along the way. When I was younger my brothers and I would always have contests to see who could spot what mountain first. Here is Four Peaks, which is just north of the Superstition Mountains and on the way out of the Valley.



Finally, getting onto the Rim. It feels like you can see forever from up there.



So pretty!! Who couldn't love this view???




My favorite part of the drive is when you get up onto the Rim and the weather is cooler so you roll down the windows and you can smell the pine trees and the rain, which we did. And we even got a couple of rain showers on us. Oh yeah!!!




Jorden decided to see how fast I was really going. Oh the things 13 year old boys do to entertain themselves on long drives! :D




Finally, we were there!! It's always such a great feeling to see this sign! I'm home!! :D




As soon as we got there the kids headed outside to play with Ellee (Brooke's little girl). I guess the fact that it wasn't 150 degrees and they could go outside and not melt was just too temping an offer! :)




We sure did miss our Army boys!! Beau is in Texas finishing up his training before he heads off to Fort Lewis in Washington state, where he will be stationed. Elliott is in Iraq fixing any vehicles that need him. He is finally at a base where he should stay until he gets his vacation sometime in November/December. Hopefully no more moving around for awhile.


Love you guys!!!

1 comments:

Hoesli's said...

Those pictures of the mountains are the reason I miss and would love to move back to AZ!! Maybe we need to plan a vacation out there someday.