Saturday -- July 19th
The Big Day!! The kids had lots of fun at the parade chasing candy. They each ended up with a good sized bag full so we were happy. And there were lots of Tootsie Rolls, so Aunt Brooke raided a few bags... I doubt anyone even noticed! Jensen was excited to get a Pin Wheel at the parade, but she needs a little practice at actually getting it to spin. :)
The kids had fun playing with Marshmallow Guns that Granny bought for them. Not only did they shoot at each other but they also tried to see who could shoot the farthest. Supposedly the birds would come along later and eat the marshmallows, but I think the ants may have gotten to them first since there were sure lots of them around a day or two after these guns showed up. :)
Here are Blake, Laurissa, and Jorden having some fun.
The kids also had fun playing with the new little bow and arrow sets Granny bought. Jayden's face was priceless when he saw them as we were leaving the Craft Fair Saturday afternoon, and then to find out that one of them was for him... I thought his jaw would hit the ground and you could hear him gasp from probably a mile away. Here is everyone playing "Shoot The Arrow High Into The Air And We Will Try And Catch It With Our Hands." Probably not the safest game ever...
Here is Jayden with his Green (like camo) bow and blue and yellow tipped arrows. Oh, he's so easy to please! :D
The girls enjoyed playing in the grass all afternoon. Jensen and Ellee jumped on the little trampoline.
Then Ellee jumped by herself, which is apparently something she likes to do all the time. Good for the old heart... And she has her "Daddy's Girl Forever" shirt on. She was so festive and cute!!
Here's Jillen doing cartwheels. Finally, somewhere other than the living room! Yippee!!
And as we sat enjoying our fun afternoon I glanced down and found this fun little guy coming towards me. I guess that's what I get for trying to kill it's baby, which I had seen a few minutes earlier. Luckily Blake and Jorden killed it with the wagon tire and Jorden's shoe. Ellee must have been watching because a few nights later she brought me a nice, freshly squeezed spider in her little fingers. She was so proud! She had seen it crawling on the floor and grabbed it with her fingers and squished it. We told her to get a tissue next time...and a grown up! :)
After the fireworks Blake decided he hadn't had enough exercise for the day, so he and Ellee danced for everyone. He played the songs on his cell phone and they entertained us. I did video it but I never seem to have much luck loading videos onto this blog. I guess that should be my next blog-related project.
Here is Blake modeling all of Ellee's sunglasses, at once. Jillen sure thinks he's goofy! And the flashlight adds a touch of scariness... At least she thought so! :D
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








0 comments:
Post a Comment