Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, July 28, 2008

Pioneer Days...Part 3...

** Breaking News!! It's my 100th post!! Yippee!!! Now back to the post... **

Sunday -- July 20th

So, I'm not one to usually let the kids swim on Sunday but this seemed rather harmless, and being that we'd been out late the night before watching fireworks and the kids hadn't had showers...one thing led to another. I think the idea initially was to let the kids cool off a bit but before long it turned into a swimsuit/underwear, goggle wearing, drenched, free-for-all. But they sure had a good time!

Here are Jorden, Jayden, Britt, and Jillen trying to figure out the wiggling, water shooting arms to Granny's new sprinkler.



Jillen was sure glad she brought her goggles...


Here are all the kids, minus Jayden who once again pulled the "I don't take pictures!" routine. Seriously, he is my child right???

LtoR - Britt, Jensen, Jorden, Jillen, & Ellee

Jillen and Ellee -- Mickey Mouse Eared - Pony Tail Wearing Girls!

Britt, who started out the afternoon fully dressed. Guess it was a good thing he wore his camo undies that were able to pass for a swimsuit! :D

Jillen got some new dress-up hair pieces and of course she couldn't resist putting them on Britt. But in all fairness he did enjoy all the attention. He's such a cute boy!!

Those pink curls almost match his red ones. But I think the Bow is a little out of place...

"Wow!! I do look fabulous!! I knew I looked great but I never imagined it could be THIS good!!"


Monday -- July 21st


Well, this was our sit around and enjoy doing nothing day. I did get to play beauty shop with the little girls, which was super fun!! Ellee's hair was cute and she loved flipping her little pony tails around.


Jensen went for the zig-zag part and 2 big ponies. Well, that's what she calls them anyway!


Here is little Ellee with Brett's kitty that she LOVES!! And he's usually a pretty good sport about her lugging him all over the backyard. Although he does occasionally get his fill and he runs to hide in the wood pile. It's sure cute to see Ellee standing there, calling for him. But the part of her trying to climb through the wood pile herself to find him doesn't always thrill Brooke... :)



We also got to see Tim's sister Polly and her kids that day, of course I didn't have my camera out for that. We went to the park until it started to rain and the lightning got a little to close for us as we sat underneath a big tree. So back to Granny's house we went and the kids were able to keep playing in the rain and enjoy the marshmallow guns Granny bought. Who knew a marshmallow could be shot so far?


Tuesday -- July 22nd

The kids love playing on Granny's stairs. Of course now that Brett is living in the basement they were limited to JUST the stairs, hence the drawn curtain in the doorway. They were actually really good about it and never went into his room. I was a little surprised...


Granny decided to take the kiddies and I to a movie. Too bad no one could agree on which one to see. We finally decided that the girls and I would go see Journey to the Center of the Earth and Granny and the boys would go see Kung Fu Panda. Everyone was happy and the movies were really good. It's always fun to take a trip to Show Low. And some fun school shopping afterwards made it extra special!! Thanks Granny!!!

As the girls and I waited for the boys and Granny to get out of their movie, Jillen decided to play a video game. She picked the car racing one. Let's just say it's a good thing she has 6 years before she gets her real drivers license... :o

0 comments: