Today is my Mom's birthday! Now, I know that most people think they have the best mom ever, but sadly I'm here to tell you that this is just not the case. As my siblings and I can tell you, we lucked out!! We actually got the best mom ever! I sometimes feel bad for my kids because I know that I will never be as good of a mom to them as my Mom was and is to me. But at least they get to have her as their Granny, and that's almost as good!! She is always so thoughtful and helpful - always taking time out of her schedule to do things for us and to come and see us. She is always picking up things for me just because she knows I like them - candy, lotion, candles, anything! And she always sends cards for every holiday, which the kids LOVE! She also takes them birthday shopping - a special day that the kids get to spend with just her doing whatever they want. They love that too!! She even plans a special Christmas weekend at Granny and Grandpa's house for all the grandkids. They have been asking about the one for this year since they got home from the one last year! My Mom is such a great example to me and my kids and I am so grateful to have been blessed with her as my mom. She used to tease us growing up about other girls my dad had dated before her and how we could have ended up with one of them as our mom but I'm sure glad that didn't happen!! If it had, I'm sure I wouldn't have a bag of Christmas Peppermint Nougat candies and Christmas Nerds Jelly Beans in my room. :)
We love you Mom and we hope that you had a wonderful day!!!!
Let the photo tribute begin!!
My Mom and Grandpa Loe
My Mom in High School
My Mom and Dad at a High School Dance
My Mom and Me - Spring 1973
My Mom and Me - Fall 1973
My Mom and Me and Beau - Fall 1975
Me, My Mom, My Dad, and Beau - Winter 1977
My Mom and Me - Fall 1978
My Mom and Dad with Blake - Fall 1978
The Jones Family - Winter 1981
Beau, My Dad, Brooke, Blake, My Mom, and Me
Me and my Mom - Fall 1989
The Snowflake High School traditional Mums for Moms pinning - yeah, she had to do it so that I didn't stick her with the pin... :D
The Jones Family - Fall 1992
Me, Brett, My Dad, Beau, My Mom, Blake, Brooke, and Brianna
Me, Brett, My Dad, Beau, My Mom, Blake, Brooke, and Brianna
Brett, Beau, Elliott, Brooke, My Dad, My Mom, Laurissa, Blake, Jillen, Me, Jensen, Tim, Jayden, and Jorden (the only ones missing where Brianna and Justin :( )

The Jones Girls - Winter 2007

The Jones Girls - Winter 2007
Me, Brooke, Brianna, and My Mom (with Ellee in front)
My Mom and her sisters - Thanksgiving 2008
My Mom, Peggy, Micki, and Nancy
Jorden and Granny - 1996
Jillen and Granny with Jorden - 1999
Jensen and Granny - 2003
Happy Birthday Mom!!!
We Love You!!!!!



























3 comments:
HAPPY BIRTHDAY, MOM! :)
LOVE IT! You got some classic pictures in there! Great post!
p.s. we do have the best mom ever, don't we? :)
Thank you so much for all the kind words. You're too sweet to me, and obviously you're high on the sugar I provided you with. I hope I have been a good Mom and Granny, I tried to follow the example of my own Mother and Grandmothers. It does help to have sisters too! I never know how to say thank you when I'm complimented, but I am really touched by all you've said and done for me. It's easy to love your children when they're as easy going as you have all been. Good thing, or I wouldn't have had 6! I love you more!
Post a Comment