Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Me and My Girls...

Oh, my school friends are so awesome!! And I miss them already!! :(

Most of them had their last class tonight so they decided to go out afterwards and just hang out. Truth be told, most of them wanted to drink and gab! :) After they got out of class I was just getting the kids to bed so I headed out to join them. There were about a dozen girls there, but a few of them left for home around 10. The rest of us stayed and chatted for another hour or so before finally letting the restaurant close down for the night. These girls are all so great and they have made my last couple of years at school so much fun! We have all had several classes together and spent lots of time getting to know each other, so I think they are the biggest reason I am sad to be finishing school. But luckily most of them are finishing up too, so I'm not the only one. Let's meet them, shall we? I don't think any of them are being sought after by the FBI, so it should be safe to show their faces here... :P

L-R - Samantha (Sam), Jennifer (Jen), Erin, Heather, April, and Me



Now for the good stuff -- why I have enjoyed them so much!!

Sam -- Seriously SO FUNNY!!! She is always so cheerful and smiling! We had classes together almost every day for a year and and a half and every time I would see her the first thing out of her mouth was "Hey Girl!!" She makes me laugh and I have been so bummed not to have any classes with her this year. But I was glad she was there tonight!!

Jen -- The Rendering Queen!! I really need to find her a crown... She is so fun and always such a hoot to talk to!! I have loved getting to hang out with her several times a week for the last year and a half. She always has great stories and it's been a highlight of my evenings to see what alcohol she has chilling in her fridge at home for after class! :D She's so funny!!! And she has a son named Jayden too!! Every time I see her she sings the 'Brandy' song to me and she even showed me her cell phone tonight where it says in the index - Brandi - she's a fine girl... :D

Erin -- Oh Erin, what can I say??? She was my best bud in our Sales and Marketing class last Spring and she's the one who broke the news to me about Heath Ledger dying. We've had several classes together and I always loved getting to talk to her about nothing at all. She's really pretty quiet but she can make you laugh!! Plus she told me once that I didn't look old enough to have 4 kids, much less a teenager. Since that point she can do no wrong in my book. :D

Heather -- As Jen says, Little Tiny Heather can best be described as a stick of dynamite - a small package with a big boom! Heather is so cute with her love of all things retro. She always wears the cutest clothes and she has the tiniest feet!! Which, of course, means she has really cute shoes that us girls with big feet can't ever find in our size. Don't let that blonde curly mop fool you!! The best part of Heather?? She loves speed metal music! :D I think that's what you call it... :P And she talks Lost with me!! Yeah!!!

April -- April is so quiet!! She's so sweet and reserved, but away from school I think she has an alternative personality! She's been going to school and working and planning a wedding! I'm not sure how she does it but I am sure glad she does! I have loved getting to know her over the past year and a half. We had the Building Codes class last year and I think she and I were the only ones that the teacher was not afraid of by the end of the semester! :D She was in my group for my final project, along with Jennifer, and we had so much fun and got along so well. It was a really great way to wrap up my school experience.

These girls are all so great and they have been so much fun to hang out with and share classes with. It's so wonderful to have people along side you -- going through the same things you are. I think they are the reason why I have loved these last 2 1/2 years of school more than I ever enjoyed the first 2 years. I think I literally talked to about 5 people total during my first 2 years of classes. Lucky for me things changed.

It's only been 3 hours and I miss them already...

1 comments:

Brooke said...

I'm so glad you made such good friends. It helps SO MUCH with school. I still miss some of my class mates and friends from college. As much as you want to keep in touch--it's just hard to stay close with all of them. So...sorry you had to say good-bye. I bet they were a blast!