Alright Brooke, I guess since my name starts with a B then I have to do this one! :) Let's see how it goes...
1. How long did you date before you got married? We dated for 1 year and 1 month. I had known several girls who had only dated their husbands for 3 or 4 months before getting married and I was dead set against doing that, so I said at least a year because I wanted to know everything there was to know about him before we got married. I think I was pretty well informed but still didn't know everything. There are some things you just can't know until you live with someone.
2. How long have you been married? 15 years and 2 months. Sometimes it seems like a lot longer...
3. What does he do that surprises you? No much anymore. He did buy me some earrings for this last anniversary and I was suprised by that. I wasn't expecting anything especially since I didn't do anything for him.
4. What is his best feature? Um, he is usually very friendly and people seem to really like him and they are kind of drawn to him. He doesn't like it and doesn't really see it, but I do.
5. What is his best quality? He's very fair and non judgemental. I don't know if I even spelled that correctly. :) He doesn't play favorites, he just calls them like he sees them. Which does not always make me happy...
6. Does he have a nickname for you? Sweetie. Not my choice but that's what he started calling me when we were dating and I thought it was cute, so I didn't stop him. Of course when he writes it he spells is 'Sweaty' so I was a little confused the first few times I read it. :)
7. What is his favorite color? I don't think he really has one. If I had to choose something I would say maybe red?
8. What is his favorite animal? I think he likes dogs, but after the trouble our dogs have been lately, he might be rethinking that.
9. What is his favorite food? Meat and potatoes. He would eat steak every day if he could.
10. What is his favorite sport? The only sport he even watches is motor cross stuff and motorcycle/bicycle jumping. He likes the X-Games kind of things, with the crazy stunts and stuff. Other than that he doesn't watch any sports and doesn't play much. Although he does like to play Racketball.
11. When and where did you first kiss? It was at our friends apartment while we were watching tv. It was Saturday, September 19, 1992, and we had had our first date on the 17th, and then hung out on the 18th and 19th. We were sitting in their living room with several of our friends there and I was sitting on the floor watching the Miss America pageant to see how ugly Miss Arizona was (come on, she is hardly ever pretty!) and he was sitting on the couch behind me trying to play a Metallica song on the guitar. We were just laughing and talking and I think all of our friends had gone into the other room or something and he just kissed me. I was excited.
12. Favorite thing to do as a couple? When we were dating we would drive around and just talk. That was fun. Now I guess it would be just hang out around the house and do stuff with the kids.
13. Do you have any children? Yep, 4. 2 boys and 2 girls. That's enough for me!
14. Does he have a hidden talent? He is really good at fixing stuff. Anything from cars to appliances to computers -- whatever! And he is really good at figuring mechanical things out. He loves to break apart things and then make new things from the pieces.
15. How old is he? 35
16. Who said 'I love you' first? He did. I was kind of on this "The boy has to say it first" kick, so I didn't say it until after he did. It was probably a month or two into dating, maybe longer.
17. What is his favorite music? Rock, hard rock! Namely Metallica. Although he also likes these silly, annoying country songs that I can't stand. But that's okay, I like a few songs that he can't stand either, so we're pretty much even. :)
18. Do you think he will read this? I doubt it. I would be surprised if he did, although sometimes he has a few minutes at work and he will check things out. I think he doesn't like to read it much anymore because I talk so much about Twilight and other things that he doesn't really like. :) I guess if he got his own blog then he could talk about Jewel and Taylor Swift and Shania Twain and then we would really be even! :D
Who do I tag? Who ever has a husband and wants to do it!!
Here are some pictures to show you how cute we used to be, 16 years and 4 kids ago! :o Here's 2 from when we were dating...

And then when we got married...










4 comments:
LOVE the pictures! You guys look like you're 15 years old! :) What a fun post!
I also love the pictures! How cute! I still remember those breadsticks he made me that spelled out my name. So sweet!
No Bri, we were like 10...
:D
And I'm glad Tim made such a good impression with those breadsticks Brooke! I always told him that if he really wanted to win me over he had to feed me well. :D Must be a Jones girl thing. :P
I remember the breadsticks also...but I think he wasn't trying as hard to win my love...well...at least that's what I was thinking the time that you brought him to Snowflake to meet the family and he took me to play racquetball. I still had braces on back then, and as we walked into the court he slammed a ball off the front wall. I heard the noise and turned around and the ball hit me across the mouth. Blood went EVERYWHERE! It totally ripped open my top and bottom lip. I had to stand at the drinking fountain and just let it stop bleeding for about 10 minutes. Then we played and I think he beat me. Can you blame my distraction? I think he had it all planned out to happen that way!
Oh well...I forgave him and am grateful for the good man that he is. I wish I lived closer to him. I wish I could still play racquetball or go fishing with him. He's a good guy and we're grateful for him.
Post a Comment