My sister Brianna had this idea for a post - I tell things about when I was a kid and how the same things are now...it sounds confusing huh? Here goes;
When I was a kid I was afraid of: The Boogyman and the Dark. I couldn't go to sleep unless there was a nightlight close by.
Now I am afraid of: The kids getting hurt, child molesters (there are some strange people around now a days...), and any more of my tv shows getting cancelled (seriously, my heart can't take it!).
When I was a kid I liked to eat: Lucky Charms cereal, Peaches out of the can, Candy (of course), and Chili Mac (that was probably my favorite dinner until I was in high school).
Now I like to eat: Sub Sandwiches, Chips and Salsa, and Candy, of course!!
When I was a kid my best friends were: Let's see, Kindergarten - 2nd Grade - Tiffany Bryant, 3rd Grade - ? Don't Remember, 4th & 5th Grades - Michelle Cunningham, 6th Grade - Amy Poukka, 7th Grade - Melissa Elsey, Laura Sims, Vicci Ramsay, and Meshanna Bairn, 8th Grade - Melissa, Laura, Gary Penrod, Nicole Sheppard, 9th-12th Grades - Melissa, Laura, Gary, Nicole, Cherri Parker, Andrea Call, Anji Jack and probably a few more.
Now my best friends are: Tim, Melissa, Laura, Anne Pearce, my sisters and sister in laws, my mom, and my kids.
When I was a kid I spent money on: Barbies and Candy from Maverik. I used to save up my money and when my dad was working in the Valley I would give him my money on Sunday night and tell him what Barbie I wanted and then when he came back home on Friday he would bring me the doll I wanted. I always loved that!! I also had him get a few music tapes for me when I started to outgrow the Barbie's. :P
Now I spend money on: BILLS!!! Other than that, food and gas for the car. It's been a while since I last got to spend anything on me...
When I was a kid my favorite things about Christmas-time were: Seeing what Santa would bring me. I was always last in line to go see the presents and I would get so nervous hearing the other kids start getting excited about their presents. I also remember my brothers and I trying to guess what Santa would bring us. I don't think we were ever right! :D
Now my favorite things about Christmas-time are: The decorations, surprising the kids and Tim with gifts, hearing the kids talk about what Santa will bring them, and seeing my family.
When I was a kid I hated to: Clean the house, which I always knew was coming when my mom turned on the Country Music really loud... I also hated doing homework.
Now I hate to: Clean the house and do my kids homework. I always procrastinate mine even though I like it, but theirs seems to be getting harder and harder...
So now that you all know a little more about me and how far I've come since my childhood, write a post like this on YOUR blog! You can finish my senences or make up your own. Have fun!
I thougth I'd add a few pictures just to make it more fun!!
Here is me and my Grandma Loe when I was 5 years old -
Here is me and my friend Gary on the last day of 8th grade, 20 years ago!
Here are me and my siblings at my brother Blake's wedding, almost 3 years ago -
Brett, Beau, Blake, Brianna, Brooke, and Me :)
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








3 comments:
What a cute picture of you and Grandma Loe! Also...I loved the picture of you and Gary...you were in style and lookin' good! And, I'll have to use that picture of all of us on my blog someday! I really need to get a scanner so I can post more pictures! I didn't know Dad used to buy your barbies. Learn something new every day!
I miss that huge Barbie motorhome you used to have...that was one sweet ride! I can't believe the pic of you and Gary! You look SOOO 80's! I love it!
Awwww...See Laura & I have been around A LONG time, huh??
Love the pics!! I need to find some...I think all of mine are hiding in my mom's house! Ooo...except some Prom pictures!!
Post a Comment