Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Wednesday, August 13, 2008

August 12 of 12...

Well, it was the 12th again which means time for 12 of 12. You know the deal. If you don't then go back and check some of my old 12 of 12's. :) My day was pretty boring but I did my best to get a full 12 pictures this month. It was harder than I thought it would be! I guess that's what happens when most of your daytime hours are spent by yourself! :D

7:30am -- The three younger kids leave for school. It's so nice this year because the bus is picking them up at our house since there are no other kids from our bus stop. Yippee!! Now they don't have to walk/run to the end of the block everyday!
7:45am - With about a half an hour before Jorden needs to leave for the bus, I figure I have some time to read a little bit of Twilight. I read them all so fast the first time that I decided to reread them and really enjoy the story a little more. I started the day at about half way through the book and by the time the day was finished, so was the book! :D So much for taking it slow! Oh well, on to the second book...again. :)
10:00am - Laundry time! Towels, towels, towels!! I never seem to get enough of them washed!
12:00pm - Lunch time! Tim always comes home for lunch so I figured I would make some cheese crisps for lunch
1:00pm - Tim left the tv on after he left and how excited was I to see Emily Procter co-hosting with Regis! Too bad she didn't talk much about CSI: Miami. I was hoping she would spill some dish about Calleigh and Eric maybe hooking up... :) I guess I should have watched the whole show, especially since the Jonas Brothers were on and Jillen would have liked me to tape it, but I had other stuff to do. :P

2:00pm - I've been putting off reorganizing my shelves, so I decided to do it today! I got rid of some stuff and rearranged some other things. Boy, what did I do before I had these shelves?
The real reason I wanted to rearrange things was so that I could put some of my books out and not have them hidden in my bedroom. So out came my first series of ALIAS books and the first series of Roswell books, plus now my Twilight books have a home... :)
4:00pm - Jillen had a swimming activity for Young Girl Achievement Days. Apparently she didn't want me to get a picture of her! :D
7:00pm - After a little more Twilight reading it was time to make dinner. It might seem strange to some people but we love having breakfast for dinner. Pancakes, eggs, and sausage... Yum!!
9:00pm - Time for the kids to head off to bed! But before they went they decided to dress up Bambi. I have no idea why this dog thinks she is unloved... :D
9:30 - Finally!! Some Olympic Men's Swimming!!! I'd been waiting all day!! Here is Michael Phelps in his first race of the evening. Look at him go!! Even though he broke the world record, which he had previously set, he was disappointed that he didn't go faster. Turns out when he dove into the water he had a problem with his goggles and they filled with water. So to sum things up - Michael Phelps is so good that he could swim the race with his eyes closed and STILL win! And break the world record!! :D
Nice slow mo, eh?!?! What an awesome guy!! The most decorated Olympic athelete in history!! Go Phelps Go!!!
10:30pm - And then his second race, the Men's 800 Meter Freestyle Relay. Yeah, it wasn't much of a race. That's our guy in the lead, about to win, a full 5 seconds ahead of the current (now previous) world record. The second place team was 5 seconds slower than our boys. The green line shows where the world record is. We sure have an awesome team!! I wish I had gotten pictures the other night of the Men's 400 Meter Freestyle Relay. That was an awesome and SUPER exciting race!! I haven't cheered that loud in a long time!! :D
11:00pm - The Women's Gymnastics final. We got the silver, China got the gold. But it was our own mistakes that lost the gold for us so I can't really complain. Except for the fact that the team members are supposed to be turning 16 within this year (they can't be younger than that) and there is some serious controvery with the Chinese team. Is it just me or do these girls look about 13??? Well, I know it's not just me since everyone has been talking about it! :D But they performed well so I guess they earned the gold.


And even though this girl looks seriously 12, I just liked her from the first time I saw her. Then it dawned on me -- she looks like Michelle Kwan!! No wonder I like her! Michelle is my favorite!! So I looked and looked and finally found a picture of Michelle at about age 12 so that I could compare. Yeah, there's no way this girl is 16! :P
That was my day. Super exciting stuff huh? :D Maybe next month will be a little better since I will be back in school. Or maybe not, who knows!

3 comments:

Allison said...

Great closeup of Michael! And it looks like you had a fun day. I love the pics of the kids waiting for the bus and RUNNING full speed away from the camera!

I've been addicted to the Olympics too, well, aside from the last two nights when I had no TV service.

Anonymous said...

I can NEVER remember to do a 12 of 12! You need to email me next 11th and remind me, okay?
I love following you through your day and seeing all the pictures along the way. It's such a neat idea... :)

Brooke said...

Kay...that cheese crisp looks SO GOOD right now! Yum! The kids look adorable all ready for school. It's crazy that another year has gone by. How's Jensen doing with being gone all day to school?