So, Bri tagged me with another fun game. Luckily I didn't check the computer until AFTER we had cleaned house this morning! :D Good thing I decided last night that the first thing we would do today was clean. :P You are supposed to go through your house and take pictures of certain things. You're not allowed to clean or rearrange anything -- just show it how it really is. Okay, you asked for it! :D
1. The Fridge
1. The Fridge
Here's the fridge, with normal fridge type things in it. Nothing too exciting, although we do actually have milk which is almost like a miracle! :D I guess I could have opened the drawers and shown the cheese and ham and apples that live in them, but I gotta leave something to the imagination...

2. The Closet
2. The Closet
Here is my half of the closet. Actually, there are more clothes behind the door, but the sliding doors are huge so I never actually get to the stuff behind them. This is where my ALIAS and Roswell books lived until I moved them last week. As you can see, there are still a few ALIAS books left (I have a ton of them) and my dolls that my Grandma made me and some other stuff up there on the top shelf. And we won't show the floor because no one really wants to see that mess!! :D
We're going with the kids bathroom here, since it's the one I like. :D I still find myself going in there and just enjoying all the planning I did when I was trying to decide exactly how to do it. I love that it's so bright and fun. Plus the pictures on the wall of the kids at the beach are so great to look at. :)


4. Laundry Room
Well, I don't have a laundry room, so here is the washer and dryer that are outside on the back porch. The kids are always smearing some kind of mud onto them, so they never look very good. I can't wait to have an indoor laundry room someday, where the washer and dryer won't get wet from the rain and I don't have to worry about getting clean clothes from the dryer while wearing my nightgown. :D Speaking of clean clothes, I figured I should get the ones out of the dryer while I was out there. :P

5. Kitchen Sink
5. Kitchen Sink
Here's the kitchen sink, in all it's glory. I washed the dishes last night, so this is what had ended up in it by this morning. Luckily the kids didn't need too many dishes today. :D

6. Self Protrait
6. Self Protrait
So, since it's Saturday and I am not going anywhere, I'm sportin' the old No-Make-Up look. Since I don't really feel like scaring anyone, I figured I would take another approach to the whole self portrait thing. :D I drew this portrait of myself and what I am wearing today. :) Maybe tomorrow after church I will take a picture and replace this one. Or maybe not... I think it's a pretty good likeness, don't you??

7. Favorite Room
7. Favorite Room
I never thought I would say this but my favorite room in the house is the family room. That is probably where I spend most of my time, other than in my bedroom. I love the shelves that have all of my books and fun things I love. I sit here quite often at night and watch tv or read my books. The computer is also in this room so I'm there a lot too. I am hoping to paint my kitchen/living room/family room/hallway pretty soon so I will probably like this room even more after that!
Well, this is what they were doing when I took the pictures! Jorden was gone on a campout so it was just the 3 younger kids home. Jillen was playing on the computer (looking at this blog!! :D ) and Jayden & Jensen were trying to see the world through orange and blue colored swim goggles. Silly kids!! :P
9. Dream Vacation
I have always wanted to see Scotland. I think because I imagine it as being so green and cool and rainy, which is completely opposite of Arizona! :) The castles and rolling hills are so interesting to me, I would love to see them all up close!
Of course, if I'm gonna be in Europe... How could I NOT go on a tour of all my favorite architectural sites?!?!? So many places I would love to see!! Here are a few of the ones that I can think of off the top of my head --
The Fred & Ginger building in Prague. It was built by Frank Gehry and it's my favorite building!!
The Notre Dame Cathedral in Paris. Look at all those flying buttresses!! And that Rose Window??? So beautiful!!
And how about a stop by Versailles??? The outside looks huge, and it is, but the real beauty is inside. Those King Louis' might have been tyrants, but boy could they build gorgeous rooms!!
And you can't forget the genius creations of Antonio Gaudi. Here is the Sagrada Familia in Spain. All of his buildings look like they are melting and dripping -- it's so cool!!
There are lots of other places to stop while there, I just don't have room for them all!! :D
10. Favorite Pair of Shoes
Okay, I am not a shoe person. There, I said it! I honestly own 5 pairs of shoes - my sandals that I always wear, flip flops for outside since I'm usually barefoot at home, a pair of tennis shoes that I rarely wear, and 2 pairs of black heels, one a little fancier than the other - but also less comfortable. So my favorite pair of shoes would have to be any pair that ends up on the shoe rack! :D I got tired of picking up the kids shoes and also of them getting lost so I got a little shelf and set it up in the living room by the door so that the kids could always put their shoes there. It doesn't always happen, but they are usually pretty good about it. And since my shoes live under my bed, I don't have to dig through that pile too often! :D

Having confessed my non-love of shoes, I have decided on a pair that I would love to have! They are not very practical and I have no idea when or where I would wear them, but they would be so fun!! I would also have to wear them when Tim wasn't with me, other wise I might end up taller than him, and I hate that!! :D I don't think I would go for the 3 or 4 inch heel, maybe something more along the lines of 2 inches, but wouldn't these be fun with a cute knee or calf length skirt that flared out a bit?!?! This is kind of what I'm thinking about. I would want them in black, of course. That way I could wear them more often!! :D
Now I have to tag a few other people...
How about: Jennifer, Melissa, Nicole, and Kelly. Come on girls!! I know you can do it!! :D
And if you're name isn't on that list, but you want to show everyone your bathroom and closet...be my guest!
















5 comments:
Kay...I loved so many things about this post. Love the funny goggle pics of the kids. Love the cool buildings in Europe. Want a Sonic drink from the freezer. :) Love the self portrait! And, I could totally picture what shirt you're wearing and everything. It looked JUST like you. Good job!
Thanks!! I'm glad you liked it! :D
I'm assuming you meant me when you said Jennifer, although I remember you saying something about another Jennifer in the family, so it could be her. Even still I did it, cuz I love taking pics and I need things to do. :D
Jenn
http://poohspictures.blogspot.com/
I can see your talent for art in your self portrait! A wonderful likeness. :)
I'm so glad you did this one too! It's always fun to get a glimpse into other people's everyday things (like laundry rooms and kitchen sinks). :) I can't wait until my kids are old enough to help with the chores... I asked Britt to put some books away once and he must have thought I said, "Hey, Britt, can you stack those books up and then get a bunch more off the shelf and stack them up too?" Maybe in a few years... :)
That's my beautiful sister alright!
Nice postage!
Post a Comment