The kids were sure excited to start back to school. Well, maybe everyone except for Jensen. She's a little unsure of having to be there all day, but she's done okay with the lunches so far. I guess we'll see what happens when they have something that she doesn't like... It shouldn't be long before that happens! :D
Jillen is in 5th grade this year. She has a man teacher for the first time so I'm anxious to see how that goes. She has a couple of her good friends in her class this year, but the others are in the other 5th grade class which is right next door, so she still gets to see them all the time. She was so excited to lay her clothes out the night before so that she would look just perfect for the big day. And so it begins... :D She went with the ponytail look for the day. I hadn't really noticed before but her widow's peak sure does stand out! At least it's even, unlike mine, so it kinda shapes her face. I guess it's a good thing that she inherited that from my Grandma Loe since that's who she's named after. :)
Jayden went with his new favorite shirt - yellow with camo!! Could it have been more perfect?? And he did get a hair cut on Saturday so he went to school with nice, trimmed hair. He has the same teacher that he had for his summer reading class so he is excited about that. Plus I think he likes that she's young and cute... :D He sure is a sweet boy and he's so excited to be in a "big" class. He said that some of his friends were playing soccer during recess the first day so he was little worried about that. We told him to join in the game so who knows... Maybe he will be a soccer star before we know it! :)
Jensen is in 1st grade this year and is in class all day for the first time. I guess she kind of got a taste of it last year when she had morning kindergarten and then went to the children's center while I was in class. Like I said, she is pretty picky about food so I am a little worried to see what happens the first day they serve something she doesn't like, which is just about everything! Poor girl! Luckily they have peanut butter & jelly sandwiches. Of course I won't be there to cut off the crust and I think they are made with white bread. That should be interesting... I sure do miss her during the day but she is having fun and is excited that her friend Regan is in her class. She slept the night before with her braid bun from church still in her hair so she's sporting the frizzy do. She's sure cute!
And Jorden is in 8th grade this year. He doesn't leave for school until about an hour after the other kids do. He was happy to get back to seeing his friends on a regular basis. All of his church friends are at his school so he gets to hang out with them quite a bit. He is excited to be taking a food class this semester. Not really because he wants to learn about nutrition or how to cook, but rather so that he can get more food to eat during the day. :D I guess that's a good enough reason. And if it enables him to make dinner every once in a while, then all the better!!
Here are the little kids getting home from their first day of school. Jensen fell asleep during the ride, which lasts about 45 minutes. But the kids like getting to talk to their friends and also get some of their homework done. They may as well!! It just saves them some time once they get home. :)
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








1 comments:
I can not believe that all of your kids are in school! I feel so old! I bet it feels so weird to have the house to yourself all day, huh? What would I do with a quiet house to myself?....
The kids look stylish as ever too! I love how you gave the descriptions of the styles and stuff. So funny!
Post a Comment