Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, August 7, 2008

It's All Jennifer's Fault...

My sweet, sweet friend -- who I will be forever more both infuriated at and indebted to -- is the reason for my recent neglectful behavior. I was happily living in my simple existence, never knowing the wonder that awaited me.

I've been aware for sometime of my weakness to become addicted to things at a very rapid pace. And once addicted, to obsess over those things for long periods of time.

I knew this.

I know the way my pulse races when I look at my Roswell dvd's, or watch the countless fan videos on YouTube that feature Max & Liz.

I know the way my ears listen a little harder when I hear the faint tune of a song featured on ALIAS -- straining to fully recognize the song so that I might sing along, even if only in my head.

I know the way my laughter increases when I remember the persnickety lines murmured by a "tiny, blonde one" by the name of Veronica Mars.

I know the way my smile brightens when I think of the Dillon Panthers and the interwoven lives of their starting lineup -- the devotion of a small town to a high school football team on Friday Night Lights.

I knew all of this. I've known it for a long time. I make a conscious effort to avoid things that will trigger my obsessive trait. I avoid these things at all cost. How much room could I possibly have in my life for all of these things? They are so unnecessary, yet so vital to my happiness. So I had purposely been avoiding this. I had turned a deaf ear to the whisperings all around me. I had turned a blind eye to the images I saw at every corner. I thought I had done things right.

It was all Jennifer's fault...

My sweet friend who so innocently offered to expose me to this secret, swoon-worthy world. My friend who encouraged me to share in her passion, her addiction. I thought it couldn't hurt. I thought I would pacify her pleas by simply giving in a little. I thought I should be kind and honor her well meaning, angelic request. Little did I know what was coming.



I think she did this on purpose...

12 comments:

Melissa said...

LOL! Haven't read it yet, but I've heard a lot about it lately! If you had gone to James Owen's book signing last year at Changing Hands you would have been able to meet Stephanie. She was signing there, too and she is good friend's with James.

Brooke said...

Brandi...you're so funny! Before long you're going to have an hour/minute/second countdown to the movie coming out on your blog. I keep seeing them on people's blogs! :)

Brooke said...

Ha! I just saw your picture at the bottom! I knew they'd make an appearance sooner or later! :) And, I love the name Bella...but with this series I don't want people to think I named my baby after her...especially since I've never read them. I'd feel too weird. So...again...back to ground zero with the name thing.

Jenn said...

oh you're done for!!! Susannah couldn't stop talking about them so I went Monday and got all 4, and just finished. This is the best series of books I have read in a long time! Too bad for our real world men that now have to hold up to the extreme love of our beloved Edward. I am dying to see the movie, and I surely hope they make more than 1! Awesome awesome awesome books!

Jenn said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Brandi said...

Thanks guys!!

First off - Melissa! I can't believe that you - Queen of Books - have not read these! If I managed to read all 4 of them in less than a week I'm sure you can handle them! :) And they're good too! :P That's cool that she's friends with James. I wondered if he would know her.

Brooke - So where do I get one of those countdown things??? I am seriously going to look after I post this! :D And you could still use that name. You might even like it more after reading the books. ;)

Jenn - I know!! They are so good huh?! My Amazon order should be here in the next day or two, which is good since I borrowed the first 3 books from my friend (the one mentioned in this post) but I want to reread them all soon, just so that I can catch all the little things I missed the first time. And I've heard they will probably make more movies, so let's keep our fingers crossed!! And you're totally right about Edward...he's so awesome!! :) Too bad for the real guys out there. ;)

Melissa said...

I cannot tell you the last time I finished a book! Actually, it might have been Book 2 from James' series in January. Or it may have been a "Cat Who..." book. I spend most of my time on the computer or playing with Bethany! :)

BUT I promise to hunt down copies and read them soon. I think Bethany is going to go to preschool a few days a week this year, so I'll have a few quiet hours to myself! ;)

How is the job/school thing going? Got any news for our Sept meetup?

Anonymous said...

WHAAH HAAAH HAAAAAAAAHHHH!!!!! (that's my evil laugh) I knew you'd love them! I know, I know, I'm a bad influence, I can't help it, I come by it naturally.

Miya, Burt's sister, her girls and I are all going to see the movie together. You can come with us now that you're sufficiently addicted!

Although I just can't imagine Edward being anywhere near as sexy on the screen as he is in my head....swoooooon....

Brianna said...

E tu, Brandi?!? :) I read the first 3 a few months ago, but when I got wind of a few spoilers from the fourth book, I had no desire to read it. I hope my house doesn't get egged for me saying this... but I was so furious that Bella didn't have to sacrifice ANYTHING! She should have had to give up something to get what she wanted...because if she didn't then it's just a fairytale...not quite the same as the first books...
but anyway, I enjoyed them too...although, I think I prefer Robert Pattinson in his role as Cedric Diggory, he's a hunk and stuff, but he's not near as dreamy as Edward was in my head.
:)

Brandi said...

About Edward -- I know! I think Robert can look pretty cute but he's still not nearly as cute as the Edward in my head! :) What spoilers did you hear? I went out of my way NOT to hear anything just so that I would be surprised. I liked the book although I kept thinking of other ways it could have gone. I was kind of sad about how she turned out, I was hoping that there would be some other way, but it was also good because there was really no other choice for Edward but to do what he did. You should still read it because it's pretty exciting!! :)

miyacamille said...

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA
THIS MAKES ME SO
HAPPY!!!

Brandi said...

Oh Miya!! You and your mom crack me up!! :D Thanks for letting me borrow your books! I am totally obsessed now... :P