Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Thursday, August 14, 2008

Happy Birthday Dad!!!

Happy Birthday to You!!!
Happy Birthday to You!!!
Happy Birthday Dear Dad!!!
Happy Birthday to You!!!
Today is my dad's birthday and I thought I would post some fun pictures of him. I am so lucky to have such a wonderful dad! He is always so good to us and always goes out of his way to show how much he loves us. What a great example he has been to me in my life. He always worked so hard to take care of us as we grew up. I remember when I was around 10 or 11, the paper mill had layed off a lot of the workers and he was having to drive from Snowflake to the Valley to work during the week. I would save my money and then give it to him and tell him a very specific Barbie or other toy that I wanted. He never failed to show up with it when he came home for the weekend. I was always so grateful for that! I was surely a Daddy's Girl when I was growing up and I can remember asking him to rub my back almost everyday, and he always would, even though he was tired from working all day.
Happy Birthday Dad!! I love you!!!
Here's my Dad and Jorden, most likely sometime in 1997. He has always had a soft spot for babies, which is something he inherited from my Grandpa Jones. I am sure thankful to have grown up in a home where my Dad was just as loving to us as my Mom. I wish more dad's were like that.
My Dad and Jillen on Easter 2003. The kids have always loved having a Grandpa to climb all over! He's like a giant, moving jungle gym. :D

Here is my Dad with Jayden sometime in 2002 or 2003. My dad is the influence behind Jayden's love of all things camouflage and hunting. Here they are looking at an elk calendar. As you can tell by Jayden's expression, he's loving every minute of it!

Here is my Dad and Jensen in 2003. She is the first one in my whole family to have brown eyes. Actually, she's the first one to have anything other than blue. I remember my dad saying once about her that he never imagined he could love anything other than a blue eyed baby, but he was wrong, he just hadn't met Jensen yet. Isn't he so sweet?!?!

Here is me with my Dad and Mom. They look so young!!

Here I am with my Dad swimming at my Aunt Nancy's house. I was probably around 4 or 5 maybe?
Here is my Dad in the wilderness, which is one of his favorite places to be.
I love this picture -- he just looks so content. :)

Here is my Dad shoveling the snow from the front sidewalks. Taking care of us just like always.

Here is my Dad with Beau, Blake, and Bri after white water rafting in Colorado in 1995. They sure had a fun time! Just another one of those things that he does for us -- taking us on trips and never worring how much it is costing. :)

And here is one that I added for Brooke, in case she wants to snag it for herself. This is probably 1997, but I could be wrong. So cute!!!

I hope you have a wonderful day!!!

We love you!!!!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is such a great dad! I couldn't have said it better myself....

Anonymous said...

oh, I forgot, LOVE the pictures!...well, except the one from the rafting trip...I hated those awkward "tween" years...

Brooke said...

I feel so awful! I never even commented on all your hard work with your blogging lately. LOVE IT! I don't remember ever seeing that picture of me and Dad. He's such a cutie! And...I agree with Bri. I couldn't have said it better myself--we lucked out with a GREAT Dad!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

Best dad ever award!!!

I'm NOT bias...I am a qualified judge and know that he really is the best dad ever!

Seriously...if anyone else reading this is thinking that they know a dad who is even close to as amazing as our dad then I should meet with them in person and punchisize their face!!

But I won't...because my dad taught me that violence doesn't solve problems....SEEEEEEE

There again...best dad ever!

I should mention here that it probably helped that he just happened to be married to the BEST MOM ever!

Seriously...were we really this lucky????

You'd have thought that we'd have to make up for it by having to deal with the pressures and stresses of being really, really, ridiculously good-looking...HOLY COW! There we go again! Seriously...this is getting scary now!

Love you The Pa.
Love you too Brandle-Ba-Dandles!