Today would be my Grandma Loe's 87th birthday. I can't believe it's been almost 19 years since she died. It seems like yesterday... I still remember her voice when she would call on the phone and I would answer. I remember the way her house smelled. I remember the dolls she loved so much. I loved being with her whenever I could. Not a day goes by that I don't think about her. I will always miss her, until I see her again.
I have been wanting to put together a little video with a song that I found a couple of years ago. I love the words to it -- they describe how I feel about her. I want to thank my Aunt Nancy for the beautiful life story book that she put together a few years ago. There are so many great pictures in it, I hope she doesn't mind that I scanned lots of them. :) If you're related to me you might want a box of tissues nearby before you watch the video, I know I need one. :) And just for today I turned off the auto play for my playlist, so if you want to listen to that then you'll have to turn it on. ;) (Apparently the playlist site is down so if you get to this before I do, and the playlist is back up, then just hit the pause button on it so that you don't have to listen to 2 different songs! :P )
Oh, and Happy Birthday to my wonderful sister-in-law Laurissa!! We sure are glad that Blake found such a sweet girl and that she likes our family, even though we can be a little goofy!! :D I hope you have a great day!!! We love you!!
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago











6 comments:
Very cool post! I can't wait to see Grandma again. We have the best grandparents too! Man...how did we get so lucky!
Brandi, what a beautiful post! That is so neat. You have a wonderful talent! And thanks for being so thoughtful!--Laurissa
I was so bummed because I wanted to post some pictures of Grandma today, and my stinkin scanner won't work! At least you did a great job though. :) It's so neat that Grandma and Rissy share a birthday. It makes it extra special. :)
Thanks for the warning about needing tissues... I sure did! :)
We have GOT to upload/download...whatever it's called the program that is no longer on here for watching videos and viewing slide shows! I haven't been able to figure it out. And, we still don't have sound. How am I supposed to watch an incredible video that my sister made when I can't see or hear anything? :( Bummer! I'll be excited to see it soon!
Yeah! It only took me 3 hours...but, I figured out how to get the sound to work! I love the video. I've never heard that song. It's perfect! Good job Brandi!
What a beautiful video! I need to learn to do that! Love you!
Post a Comment