Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, September 12, 2008

Happy Birthday Brett!!!

Happy Birthday!!!
Happy, Happy Birthday!!!
Happy Birthday!!!
Birthday To You!!!
Hey!!!
Today is my sweet baby brother Brett's 21st birthday!!! I still remember when he was born... At first us kids thought we were getting a puppy, but then our parents told us that we were getting a baby instead. We were excited, although we all thought he was going to be a girl, so when we found out he was a boy we were a bit shocked! But it turned out to be so much fun!! I was in high school when he was born and I remember taking him to watch high school baseball games and all the boys my age thought it was so cool that I brought my little brother to watch them play! :D I guess you could say he was my wing man! :P There has always been an endless stream of insects and pets with Brett around. And as a little boy I remember him carrying around his "Un-Un" - a little yellow plastic motorcycle that went everywhere with him! I think he also had a little plastic deer too. What a funny boy!!
I sure love you Brett!! And I'm so glad to have you for a brother!!
Let the birthday pictures begin!!! :D

Brett -- 1988

Brett -- probably about 1990

Brett -- again about 1990
Little story behind this picture... Beau, my brother, had a best friend who lived next door and his name was Kevin. About this time Guns 'n Roses was popular and had a song called "Knockin' on Heaven's Door" out. Brett didn't quite get the heaven part, so instead he would sing "Knock, knock, knockin' on Kevin's do-or..." Oh, the countless hours of him singing into his jumprope with any ribbon type bandana on his head... He sang that song everywhere we went!!!


Brett -- ? I have no idea when this picture was taken, but I love it!! He looks like a little blueberry. He reminds me of Violet Beauregarde from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!! :D
Brett and his friend Danny, apparently giving themselves facials, with the cucumbers over the eyes and everything! Ahh, life is good when you have big sisters with lots of cool stuff...
Brett on what I'm guessing was a Halloween... More like I'm hoping it was Halloween! :P
Brett the party boy!! Wearing hats for Jorden's birthday in 1999.
Brett, doing what all good little brothers should do -- hiding in the tree in the front yard to scare a boy who was coming over to take his big sister on a date. Oh, he loved this kind of stuff!!

Brett skateboarding. For several years all he thought about was skateboarding. And he's got the x-rays to prove it!! How many bones did he break again... I can't remember! :)

Brett, being his goofy self. He's such a happy guy! And cute hat!! It's hard to think that he is the same age as several of the girls in my school classes! :o

Uncle Brett with Jorden - 1995

Uncle Brett with Jillen - 2000

Uncle Brett with Jayden - 2001 (No wonder Jayden loved wild animals so much!)

Uncle Brett with Jensen - 2002
Brett and Me - 1991

Brett and Me - 2007
Happy Birthday Brett!!!
We love you and hope that you have a great day!!!

5 comments:

granny said...

I love your birthday tributes! The pictures are great. I can't believe my baby's 21! I am surprised you didn't use a picture of him as a baby dressed up in a dress with hair ribbons. Oh you girls loved to dress him up! Thanks for being such a great big sister to all your siblings! Love you! Mom

Brandi said...

I almost did the hair bow picture I have, but I figured I gotta save something for next year... :D

Brooke said...

I love it! I can't believe our little Pig Brain is 21. Yikes! That means I'm getting a little up there in years too. :) I love all the pictures. You really have some goldies!

Anonymous said...

Love it! Love it! Love it! I have to steal the picture with the jumprope/microphone!

Keeping up with the Joneses said...

The Bean-bye (AKA Bean Boy)
is how old????

He's a precious li'l muffin. He always has a smile for you and people can't help but love the kid when he flashes his pearly whites (big smile that is!)...we don't want Brett flashin' anyone... especially when we're talking about birthdays...what with the world's term of birthday suit and all...okay...this is not going anywhere, I apologize!

Point is...we love ol' Brettty. He's a good guy with a good heart...and some stinkin' good Guns'N'Roses impersonation moves!

Oh, and if I was involved in the 'blueberry' costume...I sincerely apologize Beans. It was always just so fun because you were up for about anything.

We love you Brettty!