Today my brother, Beau, had to report to Fort Lewis in Washington, his first assignment since finishing his Combat Medic training. He is pretty excited, but also a little hopeful that he won't be in Washington for too long. The unit he is assigned to deployed to the Middle East not too long ago, so he's hoping to get sent over to them instead of having to hang out and work at the hospital in Washington. But as we've learned from all this Army experience this year, you just never know what to expect! :D He did his training at Fort Sam Houston in Texas. He graduated last week and then got to spend some time in Snowflake seeing family and friends before leaving again today. I hadn't seen him since he left for Basic Training in February, and who knows when we will see him again, so it was nice to spend a little time with him. And silly me, I still didn't get any pictures of his panther tattoo for my Friday the 13th posts! When will I ever remember to do that?!?! Plus now he's got a couple of new ones too, so now I have extra reason to pull out the camera next time he's around! We hope that he will enjoy this new adventure in his life!!! We will miss him!!!
The kids new shirts that show their support for their Uncle Beau!!
Here he is -- Beau the Combat Medic!!
Can you haul everything you own in 3 bags???
Me and my little brother... Yeah, he hasn't been littler than me in a while!! :D
I almost missed the turn off to the parking garage because I saw this car! Look at those antlers!! That must have been one big animal!! I'm guessing it was a Bull Elk, but maybe I better check with my dad first. ;) But like a good daughter, I got a picture!!! :D
And here are the kids, wearing thier new shirts. They were sure excited to have them!!
Hopefully Brooke won't kill me, but I had to post this picture!! It's so cute!! Here is Ellee, my niece, in her patriotic clothes this past summer. Her Daddy is over in Iraq right now and she's all about patriotism. :) What a cute little girl she is!! And we can't wait to see her little sister who should be here in the next few weeks!!!
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








3 comments:
Hey, hey! Actually...I'm really glad you put that picture on here. Now I can just steal it from your site instead of having to scan it. :) Yeah! I'll just have to keep Elliott from looking at your blog for the next week. :) That probably won't be too hard though cuz I usually have to remind him to look at mine. He doesn't get on the Internet too often. So...no prob! I love the pic of all the kids in their shirts. So cute! Did you all go to the airport to see him off? Did you go through security and stuff or just say good-bye? I'll be excited to hear how your visit with Beau went!
Awesome postin's Brandles:)
Good ol' Beau. We love and miss and appreciate him for all that he is doing to help others. He's a great example and he's all 'ripped' and whatnot! The bad guys better watch out!
I wanted to go see Beau off too, but I figured I better stick around...just in case Brooke went into labor or something. :) It's nice to know you could go though. :) Britt hasn't wanted to take off his "my uncle is a combat medic" t-shirt since he got it. These kids are sure proud of their army uncles! :)
LOVE that picture of Ellee too. She's such a cutie!
Post a Comment