Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Sunday, September 21, 2008

Laura Has A Birthday Too!!!

You say it's your birthday -
It's my birthday too --yeah!
They say it's your birthday -
We're gonna have a good time!
I'm glad it's your birthday!!
Happy Birthday to you!!

Today, well Saturday, was the birthday of one of my very best friends!! She and I have been good friends since the 5th grade when we were 10 years old, and best friends since the 7th grade when we were 12. So many of my memories from growing up have her in them. And most of my favorite memories involve her! She was just the coolest person I knew as a teenager, always up for doing anything! She wasn't afraid to talk to boys, yet she couldn't have cared less what they thought of her. She had all of our teachers wrapped around her finger, yet she was always a good student and went out of her way to please them. I remember countless Speech and Debate trips with her, always competing in the same categories, yet helping each other write our speeches just so that we could both advance to the next rounds. I remember playing ditch 'em after we were old enough to drive and seeing just how many people we could loose in one night. I think every wreck I was ALMOST in was with her in her car. I still remember the songs that we would play when we went to Pizza Hut, and which ones had to come first (...I'm That Kind of Girl... :D ). I also remember the morning of our Senior Prom when our friend Gary came to my house to tell me that Laura had been in a car wreck. I was trying on my dress and I actually wore it to go with Gary to see the car. I remember talking to her mom that afternoon and having her tell us that Laura was going to be fine, even though she had been flown to Phoenix with severe head injuries, and that Gary and I should stay in Snowflake and go to the dance with our dates. And then finding out later that, in truth, the doctors didn't expect her to survive the night, but she just didn't want us to have to experience that first hand. I remember going to see her a week later in the hospital and seeing her sleeping with the help of lots of medication, but then taking one last peak before leaving to go home and getting to see her awake. and talking, although she didn't remember anything. I also remember how elated I was to hear her dad point me out to her, as I was standing by the door, and to have her look at me and see the recognition on her face and then wave to me like she knew exactly who I was. And then to hear later that she had picked out my handwriting on a huge card the school had made and sent to her, while not even recognizing anyone else's names, and saying that she just knew it was important...
She has been my best friend for so long that I can't remember her not being there. I always thought of her more as my sister since neither of us had an actual sister close to our age. She is always so kind and giving and I love getting to spend time with her. We were supposed to get together today with a couple of our other best friends and go to lunch, but Laura got sick and couldn't make it. But just like Laura, she told us to go anyway and have fun! Hopefully we will be able to find another time soon when we can get together.
I hope that you had a great birthday, despite the sickness, and that you know how much I Love You!!
Happy Birthday!!!!
Here are me, Nicole (Sheppard) Gardner, and Melissa (Elsey) Vemulapalli at lunch today.
We missed Laura!!!
Here's Laura from our Sophmore year, we were 15.
Here are Laura and I with another friend, Meshanna Bairn, at our 8th grade graduation party, hanging on our friend Greg Brimhall. He was the coolest guy ever to us! And so nice too. We sure were lucky to have such good people as friends.

Here are me and Laura along with our friend Anji Jack one night after a football game. We were getting ready to go to the dance. This is one of my favorite pictures...I just love it!!
And here is Laura with Anji again, towards the end of our Senior year, apparently we were having waffles for lunch in the Biology room with some other friends, though I honestly can't remember why in the world we did. :D Oh, and yesterday (Friday) was Anji's birthday, not that she will ever read this, but I hope that she had a great day too! :)
This is Laura and I with our friends Ryan Forman and Frank Livingston at Ryan's high school graduation in 2002. This is another one of my favorite pictures, we were all just so happy!! And we were looking pretty cute too! :P
This is us at the 1993 high school graduation with Anji and our friend Ginger Willis and Laura's little sister Carrie. In true Snowflake form, the wind was Out. Of. Control. that night. The hair started out looking good... :D
Here we are at me and Tim's wedding, being goofy. Ginger is there again and also Tim's sister Polly.
And here is the two of us.
Laura will probably kill me for this one, but I don't have anything more recent. Here she is with her two little kiddies - Tyler and Katherine - in 2006 when Katherine was born.

I hope you had a wonderful day and that you are feeling better soon!! We missed you and can't wait to see you!!
Happy Birthday!!!!!

3 comments:

Brandon and Brittani Romney said...

I love the pictures from high school! I don't care what people say about the 80's, they were fabulous!!

Pooh's Pics said...

Wow Brandi, that was some big hair!! Gotta love those 80's hairdos, 1987 alone probably put a hole in the ozone layer with all the hairspray. :D

I love 80's pics, and I'm so happy to see some of the 80's styles coming back in, of course, I don't look all that good in leggings and a mini skirty anymore...wah.

Nicole said...

Wow, the memories! We sure did miss you Laura! Love you girls!