Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Sunday, September 28, 2008

High School Tag...

I saw this on a blog and thought it was kinda cute. I haven't seen this one before and since there has been no update this week, due to my neglectful blogging ways, I thought I would entertain you all with a trip down memory lane. Ahhh, aren't you excited??? :D
1. Did you date someone from your school? Yep, I did date one boy from my school during my Senior year. It was only for a few months but then the next year, after I had graduated, we got back together and I dated him for the better part of that year through the next summer. It was pretty fun, he was a really nice guy.


2. What kind of car did you drive? I drove my mom's suburban during my Junior year and then her minivan during my Senior year, and I also drove my dad's truck. That one was more fun, but I could pile more friends into my mom's cars. Although we could still fit 4 people in the seat of my dad's truck and it was pretty comfortable. :P I guess you could say we really got to know each other a lot better that way! :D


3. Did you pass your driver's license test on the first try? Nope. I didn't take drivers ed so I had to pass a driving test and since we took my mom's suburban, I didn't do so well... I had to wait until the next day to take it again so that time we took my dad's truck and I passed with no problem.


4. Were you a party animal? Nope. Some of my best friends were but I was never interested in that. Plus they all had smaller cars than I did so if they were drunk or something then I got to drive their cars for them. Unless they were stick shift which I didn't know how to drive at that point.


5. Were you considered a flirt? I don't think so. I guess I'd have to ask my friends for sure. I was pretty shy around boys and very intimidated so I never threw myself at any of them. I don't think...


6. Did you play in band, orchestra, or choir? I sang in the Honor Choir for 3 years and was in the Show Choir for my Senior year. It was really fun!


7. Were you a nerd? No, or at least my grades would say no. :D I was just talking about this with my friend last week. I think our group was probably the B popular group. We weren't the most popular, but everyone knew us and most people liked us. The fact that one of my best friends beat a popular girl for Senior Class President pretty much cemented that fact in my mind.


8. Were you on any varsity teams? Yep, I was a Loboette, or on the Pom Line, for my Junior and Senior years. Plus I lettered in Speech and Debate, and only the varsity teams got that, so I guess it would be considered varsity.


9. Did you get suspended/expelled? Nope, but since I was the Principal's Secretary's aid for one hour a day during my Junior and Senior years I got to babysit a lot of suspended and expelled kids. I think the Principal and Vice Principal knew me well enough that they never would have suspended me, unless it was REALLY bad! :D


10. Can you still sing the fight song? Heck yes!! I can still do the dance that we did as Loboettes!! :D I can even sing the school song and do the dance for that one too!


11. Who were your favorite teachers? I guess I would have to go with Mrs. Squire, who was my English and Speech & Debate teacher. She was the best!! Plus when we went on Speech & Debate trips she would pretty much let me and my friends do whatever we wanted because she knew she could trust us. Like me and Laura almost got our own hotel room one night on an overnight trip because there was an odd number of kids and chaperones. But then we ended up with another chaperone and so she got put in our room. But for a while there we were on our own!! :D Other than Mrs. Squire I guess Mrs. Brimhall who was the Principal's Secretary. She was awesome and I loved her!! My Senior year she always took her lunch hour when I was in the office, which was right after my lunch break, so I pretty much ran things by myself during that time. It was fun! :)


12. Where did you eat lunch? Ed's, the grocery store that was near campus. Once my friends and I were old enough to drive we went to Bashas', another grocery store, only new and a lot farther away. Every so often I would go home and if I had no other option, then I'd get a milk shake and bag of chips from the cafeteria. But that was the last resort!! :P


13. What is your schools full name? Snowflake High School.


14. School mascot and colors? The Lobos and Royal Blue & White.


15. Did you go to Homecoming and who with? Yes, my Senior year I went with a friend of mine, Steve Jackson. It was fun although we didn't really do anything as far as a date because I was cheering and he was on the football team, so we were both busy at the game before the dance. And earlier in the day we had the Homecoming assembly and then a parade and then practices. We did go to watch a movie with a bunch of other couples after the dance and I literally almost fell asleep! I felt so bad, but I had been up since like 4 that morning and I had to work the next morning. Plus the movie was really boring! I remember worrying that he would try to kiss me because even though we were friends and I liked him, I didn't like him in that way and I didn't want to hurt his feelings. But he didn't and he just hugged me when he took me home and that was it. He was a really nice guy and I did have fun with him, although he probably thought I was bored after almost falling asleep! :D


16. If you could go back and do it again, would you? Sure!! I had a lot of fun and I really enjoyed most parts of it. Of course, I would want to go back knowing the things I know now... That way I could change the stupid things I did and maybe even study more! :D


17. What do you remember about your graduation? I think it rained that afternoon, so I worried that we would have to be inside the auditorium. Luckily it cleared up and we were outside. And I remember stopping after getting my diploma to have my picture taken with the school board person. I remember singing during the ceremony and being SO glad that my friend Melissa volunteered to sing a duet with me so that I didn't have to sing a solo, since all of the other Seniors had to sing a solo. :o And I remember seeing my friends on the field afterwards and realizing that I wouldn't see a lot of them again. That was a little sad. Then I remember the all night party that the school did and dancing outside after most other people were tired.


18. Where did you go for senior skip day? I don't think we had a Senior Skip Day. We did a Senior Trip and for that we went to Knott's Berry Farms and Magic Mountain in Southern California. It was fun! We rode on buses to Phoenix and then flew over to LA. I had a really good time!!


19. Were you in any clubs? Not really. I was on the Speech & Debate team, Loboette's, Honor Choir, Madrigals (the show choir), and the school paper for a year, but other than that no actual Clubs.


20. Have you gained some weight since then? Sure, who hasn't!! :D But I figure I got 4 babies out of the deal and who cares as long as I'm happy, you know??? ;)


21. Who was your prom date? I only went to my Senior Prom and for that I went with another friend of mine, Jeremy Owen. We doubled with some other friends - Ryan Foreman and Teresa Bates. It was fun, but also a really crappy day. See the post before this about that...


22. Are you planning on going to your 10 year reunion? I did go, I actually helped with it. It was fun to see people I hadn't seen in quite a while. Sadly, my 20 year reunion is quickly approaching... Where did the time go?!?!


23. Did you have a job while in high school? Yep, my Senior year I worked at Taco Bell in the town about half an hour away. I was the Drive Thru girl on Saturday's. I had worked during the summer but once school started I went to just Saturday's and I worked through November at that.


24. Did you have your first kiss while in high school? Yep. It's a funny story. Enough said.


25. Are you still in contact with any friends from high school? Of course!! I am lucky to see my best friends on a regular basis. And since our town was so small, I usually run into a few more whenever I go home.



Now I tag: Melissa, Nicole, Brooke, Brianna, and Jennifer. :D And anyone else who feels brave enough to do it!! :P


Here's some high school fun!! Pictures of me!! :D Enjoy!!! I tried to pick some pictures that haven't been on here before. So now you get one of me as a blondie from my Junior year and then one of me with brown hair from my Senior year. Gotta love the hole we put in the ozone layer with all that hair spray!! :D Sadly, I didn't even have the biggest hair around!! :o If you can believe that!! :)

2 comments:

Brooke said...

What a fun post to read! I had forgotten about some of these things. I always forget you were in Speech and Debate--probably because I never saw you do it. And, I remember your Homecoming date. It was funny to read about how you were afraid he'd try to kiss you. I always loved those fun, yet potentially-awkward, dates. :) I'll have to see if I have the guts to fill this one out. Ya never know who reads your blog, ya know? I don't want to embarrass myself. :)

Anonymous said...

I'll totally have to do this one! It's so crazy to look back at high school, because it feels like only yesterday, but even for me it's been almost 10 years! :) Great answers, by-the-way! I was so obsessed with you while you were in high school (what with you being the cool-older-sister) I'm surprised there was some info in this survey that I didn't remember! :)