Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Tuesday, June 17, 2008

12 of 12...Almost...

I totally meant to do a 12 of 12 this month, but things got a little boring in the afternoon and before I knew it, the day was over and I had nothing else to take pictures of. Plus I think I was tired, so this is what we ended up with!

8:00am -- Getting the kids ready for school. Jayden and Jensen have a Reading class this summer Monday -Thursday mornings at 8:30 so there's not much sleep-in time around here for this month! Jensen had the fancy ponytail thing goin' today. Why be normal when you can be fabulous?!?! :D


9:30am -- Well, it was time again for my yearly "Well-Woman Exam." Fun stuff... I always do it around my birthday so that it's easier to remember. I figured that might work out better as I get headed into my old age. I'm gonna need all the helpful reminders I can get! :D Plus, in case the visit wasn't fun enough, the doctor told me it's time to get my first Mammogram!! :o Seriously, I thought I had another few years before that one was happening! Oh well, I guess now I know how they got the "Old Ladies with Flat Boobs that Hang Down to Their Knees" jokes! :D
10:30am --I figured with still being in shock from the Mammogram invitation I deserved a treat from Dairy Queen on my way home. Ahhh, Slushie!! How I love thee!!
11:30am -- Time to pick up the kids and battle the Idiot Parents in the parking lot! One of the only bad things about the kids school is that they share the parking with the pool at the Jr. High next door. And in the summer it's swimming lesson time. I have heard that this particular pool is by far the most popular in Mesa and always the fastest to fill up their swimming lesson class slots. I believe it! But man do I wish these people would figure out the parking lot!! It's such an annoyance!! They just drive wherever they feel like it, and park wherever they want to. I think the dialog going on inside their heads sounds something like this -- "Parking space?? What's that?? Surely that doesn't apply to me!! I'll only be in here for 15 minutes, I'm sure the other cars can sit behind my can/minivan/suburban/monster truck and wait." Now I know how road rage starts... :( Anyway, here I am waiting in line, finally to discover that yet another parent had parked their truck in the pick up line and gone inside the pool, probably to find their kids. Did I mention that these people are IDIOTS??!?!
12:15 -- Time for lunch!! How excited was I to see that the Dairy Queen I went to actually makes their own Dilly Bars? I haven't had a hand made one in ages!! The kids sure were excited that I got them a treat. And being the nice wife that I am, I gave mine to Tim. (Slushie, How do I love thee? Let me count the ways... )
1:30pm -- Washing some grapes for the kids. Their are yummy and healthy, even if they cost an arm and a leg. No wait, that's what the gas I used to get to the store to buy these things cost! :D
2:00pm -- Ahhh, a birthday sub from Cousins. Yum!! I bought 2 the day before so that I would have one for the next day too. Boy oh boy do I love these!! Even if it didn't have any tomatoes on it. Wonder when that crisis will end???
3:00pm -- Well, it was hot and the kids were noisy so why not go hide out in the bedroom and read my People magazine that I bought myself for my birthday? It even had an article on Cookie!! My friend Ana willl be so excited when I scan these pictures in and make her something fun with my Photoshop!! :D
6:00pm -- Time to spray for ants. Every summer we get them inside the house. They come into the kitchen and the bathrooms because that's where the water is. Every year we try different ant killers and nothing seems to get rid of them for good. But this year Tim bought some stuff and wow!! What a difference it has made!! We got this spray and also some little dome shaped things and within 2 days all the ants were gone from my kitchen! And I sprayed in our shed around the fridge (where they had been trying to get into the fridge) and POOF!! They are gone from there too!! Hopefully these things do the trick from here on out! The only bad thing is that the Stupid Dog (the puppy) ATE the dome thing I put outside!! :o I hid it way back behind the dryer, with stuff in front of it, and he still got it. But it's been a week and he's still alive so I guess the liquid inside either spilled out or isn't poisonous for dogs. Oh well, the ants are gone!! Hooray!!!
7:00pm -- Dinner time! We had Spaghetti and Meatballs with Garlic Bread. Everyone in the family likes at least some part of this, so no one has to make their own meal when we eat this. Yeah!! That helps conserve groceries!! :D
Well, that's were it ends. I guess it turned out to be a 10 of 12 for this month. Better than I thought. I guess I'll try again next month!! :D

3 comments:

Brooke said...

Why is my mouth always watering when I read your 12 of 12 stuff? Oh yeah...cuz you always post pictures of food that looks SOOO good! I think I could eat 3 dilly bars, that plate of spaghetti, the garlic bread and the sub right now. Yum! I keep forgetting to do a 12 of 12...plus, I need to do some more exciting stuff or something! :)

The female exam? AAAA! I don't love those! Bri and I were just talking about those today. Not fun! But, with the mammogram? Really big AAAAA! Luckily they'll probably tell me not to worry about it since I don't have anything to examine. :)

I'm glad the dog didn't die...but, did the dome thing ever come out? Cuz...ow!

Brandi said...

Well, he didn't actually swallow it, I think we got it right before he was going to. He broke it into 2 parts and then was in the process of eating the container with the liquid poison in it when we caught him. We also grabbed the other piece of it because we figured once we took away the one he was working on he would probably go for the other piece. Ahhhhhh!! That Dog!! :)

Dogeared said...

You know what we found worked really well with ants? Found this out by chance!

A wine bottle with just a tiny tiny bit of wine in the bottom. Seriously. We'd put some bottles in the garage to take to recycling, and the ants has been attracted by the sugar in the wine. They climbed into the upright bottle, then couldn't get out or drowned. I guess they were at least happy before they went!

And the wine amount would be so little that your dogs couldn't be affected by it :-) The most humane thing for everyone!