Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, June 2, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...part 2...

On to part 2 of our Busy, Busy, Busy series. :D
(This post is intended to follow the other post, so maybe you should scroll down and read that one first. Man, I wish there was a way to change the order of posts! :) )

Day Camp!

Jayden got invited to go to Cub Scout Day Camp this year, even though he won't be 8 until the end of the month. He was sure excited and I think he had a good time for the most part. I got to go with him on Saturday and be the parent helper for his group. Our ward only has 3 boys, including him, in the Wolf and Bear Dens, which is probably why they invited him! :D He was just okay about going until he heard that they had BB guns and archery! After that it was all he could talk about! Here are a few pictures of our day!

Jayden pans for gold! The theme was 'Jungle Safari' and I think he was most excited about the cool hat! But gee, you spot those boys from a mile away in their neon green shirts! :P


And what would day camp be without water balloon fights?!?! I guess that's one good way to keep cool!


ARCHERY!!! Boy, his Grandpa Jones will be so proud!! He did great on both archery and bb guns, hitting his targets lots of times! He sure loved it!


And here are some views from South Mountain. This is the downtown area, and if you look really close you can see the ball park with it's roof open! :D Man, I never realize how big that building is until I see it from far away!


And here is a view of the mountains in the northern and central part of Phoenix. Camelback Mountain is just to the right of the center of the picture. It sure was pretty from the Day Camp!


And one more good thing from Day Camp... After the boys shot their bb guns and bow & arrows, the parents got a turn. I figured what the heck! I'm usually a decent shot with a gun, so I tried it. I got a bulleye on my first shot! My mom will be so proud! :) Then I hit the target 4 more times before my gun jammed up. I think it was trying to make the mom's next to me not feel so bad since neither of them could even hit that paper surrounding the target! :D And, just so that my dad doesn't feel left out, I tried the archery too. I don't remember ever having shot a bow before but it must be in my blood... I got a bulleyes with my 4th shot! They had balloons in front of the bullseye part of the targets and I was the first lady to shoot out my balloon!! I got a candy reward and everything! :D There was one guy who shot his balloon before I got mine but he obviously had a lot of experience since almost every one of his arrows was in the bullseye part and they all were stuck really deep into the bales of hay behind the targets. It sure was fun and my boys were excited that their leader beat all the other moms! :P


Aunt Jean's 90th Birthday!

While Jayden and I were at Day Camp I missed out on my Great Aunt Jean's 90th birthday party! She is my Grandpa Loe's sister and my mom's aunt. I was bummed that I didn't get to see everyone, especially since both of my sisters were there, but it looks like they had a great time. Here are some pictures my Aunt Nancy passed along to me...

My mom, sisters, and their babies with Jean.
LtoR - Ellee, Brooke, Brianna, Britt, Marie, and Jean


More family with the birthday girl!


On a side note, I remember when I was pregnant with Jensen, Jorden kept telling me that he thought I should name her Jean because it started with a 'J' and he thought it was a nice name. I guess if we had done that then it could have been after Aunt Jean! :D

GI Beau

I know I said that a few weeks ago my brother Beau graduated from his Army Basic Training and that he was headed to Texas for more training. Well, my mom passed along some pictures of him and I figured I should include them, you know, to show how handsome he is in his fancy dress uniform! :D (And for any of you single ladies out there, I will be screening dinner date applications in case you're interested... :P Who knows when he will be back in town but if you're pre-approved then there shouldn't be any waiting time. ;) :D )

After graduation in his dress uniform and then in his fatigues at the airport, heading for Texas.


Luckily he ran into my parents at the airport since they were all heading out the same day.


What that Army if known for... Big Tanks...


And Big Guns... (don't you love sisters... :D )


Busy, busy, busy!! Wonder what is next? Oh that's right, a month full of Wild Whitmer Birthdays! :o

Stay tuned for more pictures from those! :D

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just realized I accidentally commented on the first post, but it has more to do with this one.... woops!

Brooke said...

Your background? Awesome! Your posts? Awesome! You? Even awesomer! :)