Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Monday, June 2, 2008

Busy, Busy, Busy...

Wow, is there ever a dull moment around here? It sure doesn't seem like it! :) We've had lots of activities to keep us busy during this first week of summer. Here's the rundown!

New Air Conditioning Unit...Finally!!

We finally got a new air conditioner for the house! Tim was able to get a really good deal on a unit and all the stuff to go with it. It sure is nice to work for an Air Conditioning Distribution company when we live in the Valley of the Sun! :) Before he put in the unit he decided to redo the pipes under the house and boy, what a mess!! It took him more than a week but he's finally done! And the house is so much cooler! :P

Here is the backyard in the middle of the mess. He decided to take out the old return that came straight into the back wall of the house because it was really bad for the air circulation, which is probably why the house was always so warm! Plus I'm sure all the holes in the old pipes and tubes didn't help! Man, air was leaking out everywhere!



Here is the new return that we put into the middle of the house. I really should have gotten some pictures of the huge hole we had to put into the wall and the one that we put into the floor, but I didn't think about it until it was too late. Luckily you can still see all the sawdust and wood pieces on the floor from where we cut the walls. The kids thought we were putting in a secret passage way between their rooms and adding a basement with the staircase in the girls bedroom closet! :D



Here's the girls closet with the new return piping going down under the house. We still need to put the carpet back in and screw down the new wood for the floor, but at least it's all working great! Oh yeah, and we need to add some trim on the wall around the box so that it looks a little nicer. :P After we put this all in we realized why they decided to put the old return in the back wall of the house! :D WAY less work!!




Anniversary Party!!

On the Sunday of Memorial Day Weekend we got to go to a 50th Wedding Anniversary party for my mom's sister, my Aunt Nancy, and her husband, my Uncle Weldon. It sure was fun getting to see family that we hadn't seen in a while. I think the kids had the most fun playing with the balloon decorations! :D It was a fun time for us all!

Here is the happy couple! Nancy and Weldon Carter who were married on June 14, 1958. Wow, they must have been just babies! ;)



Here is the Carter Family -- Leslie, Weldon, Sandy, Nancy, and Tami



And fun with balloons!! Boy, I never realized all the things you can do with a balloon! :D

Apparently, as Ellee (my niece) and Jillen show us, you can eat them...





You can hide behind them, as Jensen is demonstrating...



You can take them for walks, and Jayden is doing...



You can use them to create new and interesting hair styles, which is Jorden's favorite thing...



And you can use them to increase your cuteness factor, although in this case I think the balloon is using Ellee, in her sweet little party dress, to increase it's own cuteness factor since obviously Ellee doesn't need any help in that area! :D



Well, I think that will be it for this post! So many pictures!! Stay tuned for the next edition in this series...

6 comments:

Melissa said...

I have pictures of Jorden & Jillen playing with balloons at my wedding reception! I'll scan those in soon and send them to you!

YAY for real a/c in Phoenix heat! :)

Brandi said...

Cool!! I'd love to have those! Thank you!!! :)

Anonymous said...

Wow! First off, I LOVE your background! You are the most creative person ever! :) I could just imagine Grandpa's tears of joy at seeing Jayden with a bow and arrow in his hands. :) Too many good things to mention, but a thumbs up all around! :)

granny said...

Wow you packed alot into this blog! I can't wait to show Dad, he'll be so proud. I'll have the tissues handy, he'll need them. Also on Nancy and Weldon's anniversary you put 1948, they would have babies then, since they were born in 1940! They got married in 1958. I'm sure that was just a test you were giving us to check up on our math. Oh you college students! Always kidding us! Thanks for all the great pictures.

Brandi said...

:D Ha-Ha!! I didn't even realize that year was wrong! What can I say...it was late and there were a lot of pictures... ;)

Brooke said...

I'm glad you took some pictures of Ellee in her party dress...I didn't take any at all! How lame-o is that!? And...I am SOOO glad you guys have A/C! Way to go Tim!