So, I spent 2 1/2 hours last night updating yesterdays post with lots of pictures and cute, witty comments and then in an effort to perfect the messed up spacing between pictures and words, it vanished! I was NOT happy, but I guess I learned a good lesson. I sure wish I could stop learning those! :D So today I will try again with the story of my life, in picture. Enjoy! ;)
Here I am with my mom. I think I was about a month old or so, this was probably July 1973. I'm not positive though, sadly my memory doesn't go back quite that far. :)
Here I am with my dad, sometime in the second half of 1973. Cute hat huh? :P
Here I am on my first birthday, I think anyway. Man, you gotta love all that Harvest Gold furniture from the 70's! :D
Here I am in April 1975. This picture won an award or was entered in a contest because it looks like I am posing with my hands under my chin, but actually I was trying to get my hat untied. Luckily I was easily distracted. :D
Here I am in September 1975. I always loved this picture, maybe because my hair actually has curls in it! Man have I wished over the years that I still had some curls like this!
Here is me and Beau in January 1976. Weren't we cute little guys???
Here I am in what must be December 1976. I figured they probably wouldn't use this background in May! :D Plus I think this is the dress that my Grandma Loe bought me for the Little Miss Gilbert Pagent. I remember my mom saying that she or my Grandma thought it was so pretty with the smocking on the front. It was green with a white collar and sleeves, just in case you can't tell. ;)
Here I am sometime in probably 1977. I wore this costume for a dance recital. My sisters wore this costume for Halloween when they were young and now it sits up in my girls' bedroom closet. :)
Okay, little bit of a jump in time since I can't find any pictures between 1978 and 1982. You might have to check Brooke's blog for those. This is me in 4th grade, Fall of 1982. You can start to see why I eventually needed braces, huh? My mom probably has this picture in color but I kind of always liked the black and white one that I have.
Here I am sometime in 1983. This my best friend Michelle Cunningham and me playing on the McDonald's playground. It's just a wonder to me that we didn't freeze or kill ourselves on these old metal and fiberglass toys that were outside! Good thing they got rid of that dangerous playground... :P I am in the red jacket and Michelle is in the lilac one, and we were squinting because the sun was shining in our eyes, we weren't just being goofy. :D
This is me during the summer in maybe 1984? I always played softball in the summer and it was really fun. I was never super good at it, but I finally got to where I could hit the ball pretty hard. I guess I have always lacked that "killer instinct" when it comes to competition. :D I am sitting on the bottom row, 2nd from the right. I think if I tried really hard I could probably name all of the girls on this team! I guess my old brain is still working alright after all! :D This team was pretty good, I think we got 2nd place. It seems like almsot every team I was on got 2nd place. Oh well, we had fun!
Okay, when I said "Equal Opportunity Embarrasser" I meant it! I think this was probably sometime in 1987 or 1988, but I'm not totally sure. All I really want to say about this picture is -- Boring Sunday afternoon, no willing 'Beauty Shop' participants (my siblings), and WAY too many accessories. Enjoy!
This is one of my favorite pictures! This the the Fall of 1989 on a Friday night after a football game. Two of my best friends, Anji Jack and Laura Sims, came over to my house to get ready to go to the dance. I think my mom needed to use up a few last pictures on her film roll and so here we are! I wish it was all of our heads in it but I kind of like that it's cut off like it is. I always had really great friends, that's something I am sure thankful for!
This is me in April 1990 and it's my official Loboette picture for that year. I was sure a blondie!! Plus I think I used about a gallon of hairspray a month! :D I always loved being a Loboette! It was so much fun!! When I was growing up I would see the Loboette squad dance at games or in the parades and I always wanted to be one of them. Boy was I glad when I finally was! It was a lot of hard work but I loved every minute of it!!!
These are my Senior pictures, taken in December 1990.

This is me in January 1992. When I was going to college I used to ride home on weekends with my best friend there, Howdy. One Sunday morning we were headed back early (like 8am) because he was supposed to teach at church and about 30 miles before we got to Globe his car broke down. It would have been a long walk into town but luckily a nice, old couple picked us up and gave us a ride. We didn't have to hitchhike for long, they were like the second car to drive by. We waited in Globe for a couple of hours until his parents came to get us, then went back out to his car where he and his dad fixed it. I sat and talked to his mom all afternoon, which was probably weird for her since I was dating her other son at the time! :D We finally got home about 10 that night, which made for a long day but it was really kind of fun! :)
Here I am in April 1992 helping Howdy make a cake for his girlfriend, who he ended up marrying. He wanted to write on the cake in frosting and as you can tell from my hands, our make shift frosting tube didn't work out like we thought! :D But it sure tasted good!! :P
This is May 1992 at Snowflake's high school graduation. I am with some of my best friends, Frank Livingston, Ryan Foreman, and Laura Sims. I have always loved this picture too, we had some really good times!! Plus if it hadn't been for Ryan and Frank I probably never would have met Tim. :)
Here is me and Tim in November 1992 at the State Fair. Gotta love those little photo booths! :D
Here is me and Tim in December 1992.
Here I am in July 1993 at Pioneer Days. I think this is the only sleeveless shirt I owned after about the age of 12 and I probably wore it 2 times. But I like this picture... :) This was at my friend Gary's house. Speaking of Gary...
One of my best friends from grade school clear until after getting married and having kids was my friend Gary Penrod. I haven't seen him in quite a while but I always send him a birthday card and he usually sends me a Christmas card, so I guess that's better than nothing. :D Here we are on the last day of 8th grade, May 1987.
And here we are on the Fourth of July in 1994 at an outdoor music concert. It was REALLY hot and I was pretty sick being pregnant with Jorden, but we had fun anyway.
One of my other best friends is my friend Melissa Elsey. We have been best friends since 7th grade and shockingly I couldn't find any pictures of us together! I really need to go through my box of crap again! :D This is a picture that she sent me recently of us at her wedding in April 2000. We had a fun time at the reception and the kids loved dancing and playing with balloons. Thanks for always being so wonderful Melissa!! :)
Here I am last Thanksgiving, November 2007. The original picture is me and all of my siblings. I sure have been blessed with great brothers and sisters! They are always so kind, thoughtful, and fun! There is never a dull moment with them around! :D
Here I am with my pretty birthday roses and balloon that Tim got me yesterday. I always love when he gets me flowers. :) And we even got to go out to eat for dinner! Jorden made mac and cheese and then babysat the kids while we were gone. It was sure nice to come home and find the little kids in their jammies and ready for bed! :D Not to shabby of a day!!
Well, I hope you enjoyed this little trip down memory lane! Just think, this is not even half of my life! I have a lot of years left to cover, but I think that can wait for another day... :D
Vote for Spunk...
17 years ago








4 comments:
LOL! I'm not surprised you can't find pictures of me! I DO have some of your yearbook pics here someplace. I know I have some Prom and Morp/Coed ones! I promise I'll share them on my blog once I find the time to start scanning in all of my photos!
Well, I do have ones of just you and then all of your dance pictures, I just couldn't find any of us together. I guess I could use the one that I took of you at the Phoenix Zoo on one of our perfect attendance trips... It's pretty cute! It's just that I'm not in it! :P Don't worry, I'll keep looking!
Wow! So many goldies! Where to start...you were SUCH a photogenic, gorgeous baby/toddler! I always had my mouth wide open and my head cocked weird. I LOVE the "embarrassing" one! I don't know if I've ever seen that one. The bangs throughout your high school/college years...hilarious! Good thing you were still hot stuff! And soooo blond! Loved the picture of you hitch-hiking--the overalls...so funny! (but SOOO in style at the time!) Overall...what a great post! I loved it!
Holy adorable, Batman! Those are some real gems! Britt saw the ones of you as a baby and said, "cute baby! me like that one." And I could not agree more! One final thought... oh, the bangs! :)
Post a Comment