Inspiration by Twilight...

Twilight Quote Slideshow 475x238px

Friday, June 6, 2008

Digital Fun...

Have you noticed my new background and header??? :D

So I decided a while back that I wanted to figure out how to make my own blog background and header. I have seen tons of really cute ones and I wanted to know how to do them for myself. I looked on-line a little bit and found a website that actually tells you how to change your background. It's so simple! Or so I thought. I did exactly what the girl said but couldn't get it to work like I wanted. So I played around for a few days and finally found the right size for my background, then I designed something with all of my favorite tv shows and tv couples and my favorite flower and now I love to just sit here and look at it!

I also found another blogsite that does a daily search for free digital scrapbook elements and I have been having lots of fun downloading cute little things! I was able to use some of these to make my new blog masterpieces, but I also hope to use them for some Christmas gifts that I really should start working on! Man, I need to be more disciplined!! :P

If you want to learn more about the whole blog background thing you can go here --> http://www.howtomakeonecuteblog.blogspot.com/

If you want to use one of this girls 'One Cute Blog' backgrounds, and she has some really cute ones, you can go here --> http://onecuteblog.blogspot.com/

Another great site with lots of fun backgrounds is --> http://matiekay.blogspot.com/

All of these sites tell you exactly what to do and they are nice because you don't lose any information (links, etc) when you change your html (template) like you do with some other blog backgrounds.


And if you are interested in downloading digital scrapbooking freebies you can go here --> http://www.digifree.blogspot.com/


And, since I don't have any homework right now and I don't particularly enjoy spending my day cleaning house, if there is something that you would like me to make for you let me know! I love playing with my Photoshop program and so I would love to work on some other things that aren't mine. Just let me know and we can figure something out! Why have a boring blog when you can fancy it up! :D

Well, that's been my week, other than carting kids around all week and paying WAY TOO MUCH money to fill my car's gas tank. Although I did get to go to lunch today with my Visiting Teachers, Jennifer and Marnie, at Chili's and it was sure yummy!! This week we also had to put up some higher fencing in our backyard so that our stupid boy dog can't jump the fence anymore. Everyone else calls him Buck but I don't like that name so I have decided that I will call him the same thing that Eustace on Courage the Cowardly Dog calles Courage, Stupid Dog!! :D I don't think I've ever seen a dog this stupid... Oh well! :P Jensen and I have also been reading some cute books at bedtime. Her teacher at school started reading them to her class and so I got them so that we could read them at home. They are cute books and if you have older kids, probably between the ages of 4 to 13 (Jorden even comes in to listen! :D ), they will love them! They are the Moongooble and Me books and right now there are 3 of the, with a 4th coming out in August. Super fun!

That's about it for our week. Nothing too exciting, as you can tell. Only 3 days until Jillen's 10th birthday! Wonder what kind of cake she is gonna want? I guess I should probably check into that. Maybe then she will stop adding things to her Birthday Wish List. :D Oh, and only 4 more days until my Birthday Sub Sandwich and Strawberry Pie. Yippee!!! Too bad I have to be up early that day to get the kids to school... Oh well, it'll just make the day longer and more of it for me to enjoy! :P If only there was a CSI: Miami marathon on A&E that night, but alas I will have to wait until Wednesday night for that. Man that show rocks!! I love seeing how Horatio and Eric and Calleigh and Ryan and Alexx and Natalia and Speed solve crimes! The forensic stuff is way cool, even if it's not totally accurate. So what, at least you always know when H (Horatio) is gonna get the bad guy because he stands there with his sunglasses on, hands on his hips, looking off into the distance, and then bam! The bad guys go down!! Awesome!!!

I can't post without some kind of picture so here goes!!


Here are me and the kids at my aunt and uncle's wedding anniversary party last week -


Here is the big bougainvillea bush in our front yard, pretty but deadly! :D


Some lovely sunsets we've enjoyed the past few weeks --

4 comments:

Brooke said...

So...if you get bored...you know you can always make cool things for me! :) I'm going to print off the "Because I Have Been Given Much" one for Elliott's dad (for Father's Day) and for us. I LOVE it! You're so talented! It's kind of ridiculous really. I figure when you come at the 24th, we can make a cool header template thing...if you're not too busy. :) Pretty sunset pics...and, is that bush really poisonous? I hope Buck stays out of it! :)

Brandi said...

Well, I don't know if it's poisonous or not but it's got so many thorns and stickers on it that any time I trim it back it stabs me and I end up with scratches all over my hands and arms. I can't even imagine falling into that thing! :o I will have to bring my Photoshop program with me at the 24th and maybe we can put it on mom's computer, that way you can learn it too! :D

Five Bresees said...

I love gerber daisies too! As for gas prices, I feel your pain. What are you guys at right now? Ours just went up to $4.15 a gallon. It was good seeing you guys a couple weeks ago!!

Brandi said...

Hey Steph! So today our gas was $4.15, yesterday it was like $4.05. Man, it really sucks! :D Oh well, what are we gonne do? Although it has made me decide that the next car we buy, hopefully in the next year or so, will not be a gas only car! I gotta start checking into hybrids and that stuff. But until then, I hope the kids like water 'cause I don't think I'll be buying as much milk anymore! Who knew that someday we would end up paying so much for a gallon of either one of those?!?! :P