Well, it's been a while since I updated this thing. I've been busy with stuff around the house, with some CAD drawings I did for one of the warehouses at Tim's work, and with helping these new bloggers who are living in my house. After all that, updating my own blog didn't seem too appealing. But it's hot today, and getting hotter by the minute, so I figured what better time to do it!! As you can see from all of today's posts, there's lots to discuss. We will start with last Friday...
Friday the 13th!!! How I love when those come around. For those who are not familiar with this story, my Grandpa Loe had a tattoo of a black cat with a "Lucky 13" above it on his leg and every Friday the 13th he would shave the cat. I have NO idea why he did this, but I remember as a child being so excited to call him and see if he had shaved the cat or not. And he always did. Several years ago my brother Beau got a tattoo of a black panther on his leg and he has kind of carried on the tradition. I talked to him on my birthday but I forgot to ask him if he was planning to shave the cat this year. Hopefully he did, because all of the kids asked me about it!!
Saturday -- Flag Day -- Did you remember to fly your flag? I must admit, I forgot, but I was also gone all day so that's probably why it slipped my mind. I got to go to lunch with my best friends, Laura and Melissa, and we also got to paint in Melissa's daughters bedroom. She is doing a Little Mermaid theme and she picked out a really light green color for the walls. It looked really nice, and I am so excited to see it when it's all done! After painting we left the kids at Melissa's house with her sweet husband, Chander, and we went to The Cheesecake Factory. It was yummy, and I got a super good piece of Strawberry Cheesecake!! The kids and I then came home to a sick Tim and bored Jorden. But it was still nice to be out of the car after an hour's drive home. Who knew kids could be so loud? :D
Here are some pictures of the kids Army Uncles -- Uncle Beau and Uncle Elliott --


Sunday -- Father's Day!! I hope all the dads out there had a great day! I had to teach my Primary class, so I made them some little ties to wear home with their pictures and some flowers & polka dots on them. Plus we put a piece of candy on it, but I don't know how many of the dad's actually got to eat the candy! Silly kids!! :D We made a big dinner for Tim and he got to play his computer game all day, so I think he had an alright day, besides being sick.

I have such a great dad!! He has always been such a good example to me of how to work hard and help others. He is always so willing to come and help us out with anything we might need, and I sure do appreciate that! Jayden loves talking about hunting with him and asking tons of questions about animals and anything related to the forest. He is always so excited to see the kids, especially when they were babies. We sure love him and we hope that he had a wonderful Father's Day!!
And we want to wish Tim's dad a Happy Father's Day too! Tim really looks up to his dad and I am so grateful for all the good things he learned from his dad. The kids always enjoy getting to see Grandma and Grandpa Whitmer and really love being able to help Grandpa with his garden and to feed his chickens. It's sure fun for kids to have a grandpa who lives on a farm!! :D
And I wouldn't want to forget my Grandpa Jones! He is such a good man, always helping other people. I remember growing up, always being excited to see what kind of candy would come out from behind my ear! :D It was usually a Certs candy, but what flavor could it be? He has always been so willing to help us and I am really thankful for that. We has always been a great grandpa to me and now he is to my kids too!!
Here are some pictures of the kids with their Grandpa's. :)
Jorden and his Grandpa Jones -- January 1996
Jillen and Grandpa and Grandma Whitmer -- July 1998

Jayden and his Grandpa and Grandma Jones -- July 2000

Jensen and her Great-Grandpa Jones -- October 2002

Well, that about covers it for now. Enjoy all the other pictures and maybe we will see you back here tomorrow, for a double birthday!! Tim and Ellee!! Yippee!!! :D








0 comments:
Post a Comment