Oh, the smell of the rain... The wetness in the air... The feel of the wind... The sound of the thunder... The black clouds rolling in... The pound of the rain drops... The cloud of dust in the sky that turns everything brown... All those together can only mean one thing... Monsoon Season is here!! It's been so hot that I figured we had a few more weeks before there was any chance of us seeing even one of those things, but then the black clouds to the East of us this afternoon gave us a slight glimmer of hope. And those clouds didn't disappoint. The rain didn't last long, only about 10 minutes, but the drop of the temperature will last a little longer. The kids had fun running in the rain. The dogs were scared, but luckily Jensen climbed into the dog house with them to comfort them. Who knows when the next storm will roll in but we will be ready for it! We always are!!
Here are the clouds as they rolled in... They were accompanied by that glorious smell of rain and dust -- the smell of a thunderstorm. :)
Then the rain started. It didn't last long but it poured pretty good for about 10 minutes. Enough to give us puddles in the front yard...
And wet streets filled with running water.
Here is a picture I used my Photoshop on. We have lots of telephone poles around and I wasn't happy with all the wires in this picture -- so I got rid of them!
Here is the before --
And the after --
Here is a little, wet Jensen. Love all that mud on her face and in her hair. Now she needs a bath, so I guess we won't get that cute wavy hair from her braid bun I had planned for the last day of summer school tomorrow. But she'll still look cute. :)









4 comments:
I definitely miss the monsoons. I've heard thunder maybe a handful of times out here. Same with lightning. It's pretty scarce! Enjoy it for me :).
Are you taking classes during the summer also??
Oh! That would be terrible to have no thunder or lightning! I just love them! I'll think of you as I watch the lightning and listen to the thunder tonight. :)
I'm not taking any classes this summer but I will be taking 3 this fall along with my internship. Then I will graduate in December so I'll be done! Finally!! :D
I hope you're sending that rain up this way! It looked and smelled like there may be something brewing...but, I'm still waiting. Monsoon season is the best!
LUCKY!!! I can't wait to smell the monsoons at our house...
Post a Comment