Happy Birthday To You!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!!)
Happy Birthday To You!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!!)
Happy Birthday Dear Jayden!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!!)
Happy Birthday To You!!! (Cha-Cha-Cha!!)
Today is my Jayden's 8th birthday. What can I say about this sweet little boy? He came into the world in a rush and he hasn't stopped running since! As I look at my kids I can see their births reflected in their personalities now. Jorden's was slow and perfect, just the way he is easy going and a perfectionist now. Jillen's was dramatic and exciting, just like she is today. Jensen's was calm and sweet, just the way she is. But none of these are more accurate than Jayden's birth. The labor was a total of 2 1/2 hours from the first contraction to the minute he was born. I've always said he came running out and hasn't ever stopped, and that's true. We were only at the hospital for a half an hour before he was born. I'd never seen nurses run around so fast! :D He was a big, strong baby at 8lbs 15oz, but he was my easiest delivery. As a baby he would sit and stare at me with this look of wonder and interest. I often thought that maybe something was wrong because it seemed as though he was looking through me and not really at me. As time has gone on and he has gotten older, things have not always been easy. I remember telling his Kindergarten teacher on the first day of school that he was a very sweet boy, very willing to help and work hard, but in his world things were either black or white, good or bad. He was always one extreme or the other, there isn't much middle ground with him. That's still true today, but at least now we had the reason diagnosed and he can swallow a pill to help him control it a little better. We still have rough times, we probably always will, but I wouldn't trade this little guy for anything! One minute he can be throwing a tantrum, toys flying everywhere, and the next minute he is working harder than ever to get his bedroom as clean and perfect as possible. He never sleeps on his bed - it's always on the floor somewhere - and he's not afraid to try the 'weird' foods I make (they are really normal, it's just that the girls won't eat them) and he gets a little obsessed about things (camouflage, elk, hunting, elk bugling, the color yellow, etc), but he's the one who everytime he walks into the house finds me and says in his most monotone, non-expressive voice "Hi Mom." How could I not love this boy more than anything? Some people might find him a challenge and too wild but I don't care. I think Heavenly Father knew he would need some extra leeway in life and that he would need a mom who would be patient and laid back. I guess it's a good thing I am! :) He's my little Jay-a-bug and I love him just the way he is!!!
Happy Birthday to my sweet boy!!
Here are the pictures I made for my Word Slinger forum. Everyone knows it's his birthday! They have been loving all the pictures I have made this month, I'm sure they will love these ones too! :D
Here is Jayden at 6 weeks old. He was such a sweet little guy!
Jayden at the zoo at about 8 months old. The love of camouflage is beginning.
One of my favorite pictures of him. He was just over a year old.
Jayden at 2 years old, slip-n-sliding at Granny's house. He was trying to get a drink from the stream of water shooting up into the air! :D
Jayden and his Aunt Brooke. This isn't the greatest picture but I love it! Those little glasses are so funny!
Jayden playing 'house' with Jillen and a baby Bambi. He was never afraid to show a softer side! :P I love him in the hat, pushing the stroller around. What a good Daddy he will make someday!
Jayden at 3 years old. He was always so handsome.
Jayden at almost 4 years old, trying to move the sprinkler. :D
Jayden at Halloween 2004. He didn't even have to dress up all that much since he has been in camo most everyday since he was about 2! :D In other words, this is him in his Halloween costume, but it could actually be a pictutre of him from any day of the week!
Jayden in Spring 2005 with his broken arm. He was SO excited to get a green cast because that IS the color of camouflage!! :D
Jayden on his 5th birthday with his favorite birthday cake ever! Yellow frosting AND a hunter and deer! I thought he would pass out when he first saw it at the store, he was so excited! :D
Jayden on the first day of Kindergarten. He wanted to make sure and wear some camo along with his favorite shirt that said "I may be small but I hunt big!" I think he wore this shirt every other day for about 3 years! And it would have been every day if it hadn't of been for me insisting on washing it! He sure is his Grandpa's boy!
Jayden in May 2006 wearing his Uncle Brett's graduation hat. More camo, as you can tell. :)
Jayden posing for a 'Portrait by Jillen.' I have no idea what this sign is supposed to mean but I imagine it's something along the lines of "Deer antlers down...oh ya...I got it!!"
Jayden's 2nd grade school picture. If you look real hard you can see his blue eyes that I love so muchI guess I need to Photoshop out the chapped lip part. :D And you can't see it but the pants were camo so we did still meet the minimum camo requirement for the day!
Jayden sleeping in his Army camo suit from Uncle Beau, wrapped up in his camo blanket from Granny. Seriously, everything with this boy is camo!! :D
Jayden at Cub Scout Day Camp last month. The archery and bb-guns were the only reason he was excited about going each day. He loved them!! And he wasn't too bad either for it being his first time trying them. His grandpa is so proud! :D
Happy Birthday to my sweet little elk bugling, camo wearing, tv cleaning, bright blue eyed boy! Life is never dull with you around!! I sure do love you!!!

























2 comments:
What a sweet tribute to a sweet boy! I LOVED reading all about our little Jayden. I love that he loves camo and elk. He couldn't make a Grandpa more proud! Jayden, we really love you and hope your birthday is GREAT!!! I hope you got your present in the mail today.
Happy Birthday to our sweet Jayden! I love the tributes you put together Brandi. They definitely take me back in time. I hope your birthday is great Jayden! We sure love you and we'll see you soon!
Post a Comment